Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

142 results found

1. As people can now edit their clips to fit in vertical shape these could either be uploaded to twitch and then being able to watch them via the app or website in a scrollable fashion akin to what tiktok is doing.

Hashtags are already a thing and can be used to search like categories.

This could make discoverability on twitch way better as viewing clips right now is just totally cumbersome.

Could even just apply coordinates from the cutouts streamers are doing and applied in realtime to the clips.

Just something to make clips way more impactful on twitch itself…

430 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

51 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Relevant Update  ·  Ana responded

We recently announced the upcoming launch of the Twitch Discovery Feed: a scrollable feed in the Twitch app that shows users a personalized mix of Clips. 

Before that launch happens, we’ll be running experiments with limited versions of the Discovery Feed to help test and improve our algorithms plus the overall experience. These early experiments do not reflect the final design or experience of the Discovery Feed. 

We'd love to hear your feedback and suggestions on how to improve this experience as we build towards the bigger launch. Feedback can be left via https://link.twitch.tv/UVDiscoveryFeed - thank you!

2. Please create a way that any user can curate their own playlist of favourite clips. Currently, people only have access to a list of clips they've personally made in their dashboard, but it would be great to be able to add clips across many channels to a single playlist regardless of who created them. Many people already do this off-site anyway, and clips that you haven't personally created are difficult to find. It would be great to see a way for people to bring all their favourite moments to one convenient place.

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Interest  ·  Ana responded

Hi, thanks for your feedback!

This status is to let you know your idea has been reviewed. Your idea is open for voting/comments from other Twitch community members. This is a great time to share your idea with others. Learn more about status updates here.

---

For the community: If you like this idea, please vote on it and feel free to add on how it would help you in the comments.

3. Let us edit clips we made during stream afterward!

Now that the Moments beta is being rolled back, I'd love to see parts of Moments brought to regular clips. My favorite part of Moments as a streamer was being able to clip something mid-stream and then easily be able to edit it right after the stream.

I could use markers mid-stream and go clip things that I marked afterward, but it's difficult scrubbing through the entire vod to get the right clippable window for each marker. (I have tried this, it's such a pain that it never ends up happening)

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Why does the "Show Full Video" button under a Twitch clip disappear so quickly? I'm watching a clip from less than 24 hrs ago and it doesn't link to the VOD anymore, even while the VOD is still published.

For editors, the ability to jump to the VOD to the timestamp of the clip is an absolute gamechanger to save time. Especially with Twitch limiting clips to 60 secs, very often we actually need to cut a longer clip of the VOD.

Between that and the fact that older clips only show a relative date, "A year ago" for ex.,…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Currently, when downloading files from our video producer, they are labeled with some seemingly random assortment of letters and numbers, and do not represent the content being downloaded. I'd like to see an update that simply makes it so the download grabs the title from the clip/VOD being downloaded for ease of use in editing / organization purposes.

When creating things like highlight videos or clip compilations, the extra work to rename the clips/VODs you download can be incredibly tedious and an unnecessary extra step.

Thank you!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be nice if you could edit or add a Category to existing Clips on Twitch.

Example No. 1: A lot of my clips on my channel had their category removed, after the game category "Deponia: The Complete Journey" got removed from Twitch. If it would be possible to edit categories on clips, these clips wont be categoryless anymore.

Example No. 2: Imagine a VOD, where someone plays two games. Lets call them "GAMEONE" and "GAMETWO" for orientation. If the VOD is live and a clip is created, it get the category of the game which is currently live.…

201 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I have had VODs unpublished due to things like detecting copyrighted content in a game I was playing, which is fine on it's own. I can just republish the VOD, or allow the clip to be muted, and any subsequent VODs due to forgetting to switch VOD publishing back on can be republished. However, the chat does not re-associate with any clips made that stream even when the VOD is published again. I would appreciate having the chat available for these moments, especially when the stream JUST happened.
    It's also unfortunate that a VOD's expiry deletes the chat replay from…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. This makes sense because the Editor Role already has access to manage clips, highlights and VODs. The Editor Role already has access to export VODs to YouTube.
    So the editor role should be able to use the Clip Editor and export them to other platforms.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  9 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Right now, when you click the username of the person who created a clip in the "clips of your channel" overview, it links to that person's own clips page on their channel. These users often aren't streamers, and either way it's not particularly relevant to go to clips of another channel when reviewing your own channel's clips. Instead, I propose that clicking the user name should bring up the user card for that person, so you can confirm if they are following you or their previous chat history, which is much more relevant information if you need to check if…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I wish there was a way to change when your clips start and ends so you can pin point the exact thing you were trying to clip to share. Example: wanted to clip a moment in Elden Ring and instead ended up with a 30 second clip when I needed a 10 to 15 second clip.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We can create clips via an API call but are not able to name them in that initial API call.

This seems like a worthwhile addition for those of us that use a !clip command for our chats so viewers don’t have to leave stream to make a clip but instead can just type “!clip” and grab a clip and continue watching uninterrupted.

Allowing this would let viewers use a command such as “!clip <clipname> to create a clip that doesn’t simply end up as !clip <the entire stream title here>

The ability to also adjust the time captured would…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. After viewing a clip, the next suggested clip will be the most viewed clip in that category. In the Art category, this usually means being suggested a pretty spicy thumbnail whether or not you have watched a clip from a spicy channel. With the latest TOS update this suggested clips feature has further made sharing clips from the Twitch link inaccessible to more "family friendly" art streams.

I was wondering if Twitch could utilize stream tags to divert suggested clip content to each side of the art category- this way the clip fits the audience better. Example: if a stream has a…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Featured clips used to have a slider to show/hide featured clips in category view. This switch has been removed. Bring it back.

"Why should you bring it back?" I hear you ask. "People love featured clips".

Well, it's because you've created a scenario where there is a HUGE incentive to only EVER create featured clips, because these will ALWAYS show above any non-featured clip, created in the timeframe you're viewing, which means that (when people figure this out) that ALL clips created (by people wishing to promote their channels) will tend to be created as "featured" clips. When everything is…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The clip editing system is sensational. It saves time and also money, as there are websites that require you to pay to do this service.
    But I believe there are still some "simple" tools that will help a lot.
    - Cut the clip. There are some clips that you are not interested in at the beginning or end of it, but there is no trim option. With that in mind, the cutting tool would be interesting, which allows you to cut the video timeline and edit it however you want (only in the clip, obviously).
    - Option to customize my…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  3 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I think it would be more intuitive if the "Filter by" setting defaulted to "All" instead of "Recommended." For the purposes of moderating clipped content this would remove the hassle of always having to switch that drop-down to see all clips, and I believe it would help to avoid situations where users mistakenly think their clips are not being saved if they don't title/publish the clip.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Now that the featured clips have gone live people are now going to random streams and spamming clips in random moments in vods. I was hoping that maybe there'd be a way to delete all clips from certain users on your channel. Like an option by their name when you click on the clip that says "delete all clips from this user." It would make things a lot easier than having to go through and select them all.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I've been using Twitch since 2018 and clipping has always been a bit glitchy. Recently something new has happened which makes the feature really difficult to use conveniently.

I'm getting these error messages on the daily that tend to last for an hour after attempting to create clips.

In the Clip creator after selecting the time to create the clip:
    "Whoops. Something went wrong."

Then when attempting to delete the clip that didn't get clipped correctly:
    "There was a problem deleting this clip."

This happens independently in both Chrome and Firefox and it doesn't seem to matter which streamer it…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Poder recuperar clips que hemos eliminado erróneamente

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We should be able to sort clips by most recent and/or oldest. Not just the "last so many days" feature, but all clips from all time, just sorted by other ways than just "most viewed."

I was trying to find a clip of my own that may or may not have been made about 2 months ago to share with someone, but I couldn't find it. I had to give up after several minutes of searching. If I could have sorted the way I'm suggesting, I would have located it much quicker or at least been able to determine it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. ディスカバリーフィードテストに伴い縦画面用クリップが対象となりましたが、クリップを編集した際にそれらを解除する方法が見つかりません。
    意図しないクリップが表示されるのを防ぐために元のクリップをそのままに、縦画面用クリップのみを解除または削除する手段があると便利です。