Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Studio

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Studio

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

57 results found

1. Would be nice to see maybe a chat overlay for those with single monitors. Something similar to what SLOBS has just a transparent pop-out chat that can go over the game but not hinder your view too much to make it a little easier for those with single monitors to read chat

520 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Jax responded

I’m happy to announce that we support an in-game overlay for all Windows users!

You can enable this in the main settings page under “In-Game Overlay”. You will have access to chat, activity feed, stream status and audio information directly on top of whatever game you are capturing.

The overlay will activate if you are capturing a specific game with screen share and only be visible to you – but please note that some games are not compatible with the overlay.

Please try it out and give us feedback! We’re always looking to improve

2. Sometimes I'd like to mute specific programs for a stream (i.e. Discord, Chrome, etc). It'd be nice to allow users to adjust specific program volume/mute programs entirely without having to setup an external program.

513 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We recently launched the Advanced Audio Mixer feature. This feature requires you to install an update to the audio mixer inside the global audio settings page. Once installed, you will be able to add individual applications as audio sources into your audio mixer. This will allow you to control audio being output to your stream on a per-app basis. An easy example to visualize is with the Advanced Audio Mixer, you could add Discord to your audio source list and mute it for your stream, while still hearing it locally on your PC.

In conjunction with this new feature, we also added support to exclude individual audio sources from your Clips and VODs. This setting is available in the audio source settings when adding or editing audio sources.

Lastly, we also added a “Sound Check” mode that allows you to play back the exact audio being output to your stream.…

3. Setting a goal while you're streaming like donations, bits, charities or maybe just followers

400 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As of today you can add a Follower or Subscriber goal directly as a layer in Twitch Studio. Just click “Add Layer” and you should see “Goal” as one of the options. We are planning to iterate on this feature and welcome additional feedback so we can continue to make it better.

For more details, check out this help article: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/twitch-studio-creator-goals

4. Same as some of the other default layouts, "starting soon" is an essential layout. It would also be an added bonus to have a timer built in, since creating your own is really daunting and can get a bit too technical for the average new streamer.

364 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is now available as a default scene – just click “Add Scene” and you will see it in the list of default scene templates to choose from. There is also a countdown layer that can be used to create your own version of this scene from scratch.

5. It would be nice to be able to duplicate a layout/scene so I can just repurpose it a bit for another usecase (e.g. I love the default "be right back" layout and I wanted to use the same thing to match a "starting soon" layout, but since the duplicate feature wasn't available, I had to try and attempt to recreate the same layout from scratch. Continuity is very important for branding.

184 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can duplicate a scene or layer by right clicking and selecting “Duplicate”. You can also use Ctrl C + Ctrl V to copy/paste on Windows or right click copy and paste.

6. i would like to can chose wich aplication's sounds the viewers can hear on the stream

Admin audit: Changed "wich" to "which" for ease w/ finding idea.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Ana responded

Hi there,
    With the help of the Advanced Audio Mixer, you may mute this feature allows you to control your audio sources on a per-app basis. To use this feature, an in-app installation is required, available via the Twitch Studio general settings under Audio. For more information, please head over to our help article.

7. Streamdeck integration would be a huge plus here

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is done! You should be able to mute/unmute audio, hide/show layers, switch layouts, start/stop streaming, and start/stop recording with the Stream Deck app

8. 63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There should now be a time while live or recording in the bottom bar

9. Flipping the webcams across vertical and horizontal planes, and the rotation CW/CCW

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Marking this as completed now that we support webcam and layer flipping which seems to be the main request. Rotation is something we may do in the future but is lower priority for us.

10. I'd be really nice to have support for NDI sources for people that use it

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As JelloFoo mentioned in a comment, this has been supported for a while now. You can simply add an active NDI source as a screen share layer.

11. Please make it possible to set a delay. Some of us like to stream live games. We could use the possibility of setting a delay.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can add a stream delay in the Stream tab in the general settings page. Once enabled you can set a delay between 5 seconds and 30 minutes

12. For my startring soon, brb, and ending stream screens i use a loopable video background on my cast. This would be a great feature to have on Twitch Studio.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This should be complete! I believe there are a few issues with some .mov files though. Please reach out to us on Discord if you have any other issues with the new media layer

13. Hey I don’t see alerts when people host or follow but i do really love your studio and this can become big

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our Alert Box layer should include follows, bits, subs, cheers, hosts, and raids.

You can also embed external alerts by using a browser source layer.

14. Such an important feature that's missing, I expected this feature to be in the beta but it is still not after months. An older post suggesting this to prevent stream snipers was ignored or not read? Who cares how many votes this gets on this thread, when its such a crucial feature to have default on your streaming service.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can add a stream delay in the Stream tab in the general settings page. Once enabled you can set a delay between 5 seconds and 30 minutes

15. Please add support for the original Elgato HD 60.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We support all of the Elgato capture cards at this point.

16. I love Twitch Studio and I started using only that to stream and record videos, BUT I am really missing transitions between scenes. I know you guys are working on improving the program and I appreciate it a lot but please add the transitions in some of the following updates.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Maybe you could add a game overlay for notifications while in-game, or maybe a chat the streamer and chat can see during a stream. For Example if I am playing a game, and i get a follower, it would show a notification on my screen. This would help streamer with a single monitor.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Layers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

You can enable the In-Game Overlay in your general settings (the cogwheel on the bottom right of the window). For more information please refer to our help article.

18. i realy would like to see an option for transparent alert backgrounds, right now you can change the color but i would like the option for no color at all.

Admin audit: Changed "opaque" to "transparent" to better reflect the idea behind this suggestion.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there,

There is a way to essentially create a transparent background with the Green Screen Effect. Simply edit your alert background color to be similar for both the Alert Background and Alert Accent Color. Copy the hex code to transfer this information to the Green Screen Effect to remove this specific color from the alert to create an alert with no background! You can play around with Edge Transparency to see how much of the mostly removed background to keep, so you can create a color contrast to the text of the alert. Hope this helps.

19. a layer that will show the chat on stream. not like a chat overlay for the the streamer, but something that is meant for the veiwers. i have noticed many streamers seem to have this so i think it would be a good idea

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can add a Chat Box layer to any of your scenes now. There are some basic customization options that you can change as well.

20. Allow us to pick what Audio device is being used (Currently you can only select Input Devices)

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can select between all of your audio devices and specify a primary microphone + any additional secondary devices in the audio mixer.

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?