Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Add Phrase" just clears the right-hand pane and leaves it blank

"Edit Phrase" just clears the right-hand pane and leaves it blank

Revision history shows the latest revision's text and then repeats that same text for every other revision.

Changing the localized text and pressing "Save" breaks the Phrase Key button for that text in the left-hand pane

There could be more, but I haven't needed to try to use them yet.

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

-CurseForge Team

2. I am unable to set custom text sizes and colours within the addon description text of my project page. Please restore this functionality.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

-CurseForge Team

3. going to wow.curseforge.com/addons now returns:
    Module Disabled
    We're sorry, but this module is currently disabled. Please contact a site admin if this has been done in error. Site admins can enable modules under Site Configuration - General Settings in the Control Panel.

wow.curseforge.com/addons was much easier to navigate and to find latest release, beta, & alpha versions (than on www.curseforge.com/wow/addons).

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

4. 5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

5. Basically a simple tab to show the weeks most downloaded mods, also a new filter option when browsing mods to search by release date AND popularity. Easily finding the most popular mods of the past week, or month. This would really help drive the modding scene because currently its hard to find new and exciting mods because the most popular constantly have the foreground.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Since we can now download statistics per project, it would be nice not to have to go through multiple pages of projects to download all of the data.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

7. Currently we can view the issues page for mod packs to see bugs/feedback reported there. We can toggle to view by tags or status (open/closed) but we cannot perform any simple search in this section. Being able to search would allow us to determine if an issue has already been reported/addressed.

Sample page: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/project-ozone-3-a-new-way-forward/issues

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

8. Currently you can start the game while files are trying to be updated or downloaded. This causes an error as the files will be in use when the app tries to replace them.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

9. Half related to https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/915910-game-mods-curseforge/suggestions/36481525-project-data-graphs

Would be useful to see the source of downloads of a mod. Mainly in regards to modpacks vs downloads vs dependencies. This way mod authors can see where the downloads are coming from and decide how to best focus their efforts.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

10. May you add other donation ways like alipay and WeChatPay, so the CN players can donate easily.Thanks.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Thank you for this suggestion, we are currently reviewing it. Please add any additional details you think would be helpful in the comments— we are listening!

11. The new Twitch Desktop App, which rebranded Curse, looks like a great way to manage Minecraft mods. My son, like many other children, loves to play modded Minecraft in his single-player world. I think this app will improve his gaming experience with mods.

However, I am concerned that the emphasis on social interaction in the Twitch Desktop App leaves him vulnerable to online predation. Although he is a teenager, he is naive and trusting - exactly the qualities that make him vulnerable. Please add a parental control feature to streamline protection of minors.

I spent a long time searching through…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Both Minecraft and Java have changed a lot over the years and things have changed.

When you launch a minecraft modpack through the Twitch Client, it will automatically assign a couple of flags a user has no control over. One of them being the -xms flag which is always set to 256m and the -XX:PermSize flag which is also set to 256m.

First of all, PermSize has been deprecated with the release of Java 8, meaning it has been ignored since even before Amazon acquired Curse and fused it with Twitch.
    PermSize has been replaced with the new Metaspace. I…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Unable to sort Minecraft Mods by Minecraft version , as well as sorting by mods compatible with Forge or Paper. Ex: Sorting for Minecraft version 1.12.2 For Forge Mod loader ALSO sorted by Popularity

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Several people use scripts to update their addons through CurseForge. This is necessary as Twitch is not well upported on Linux platforms. Recent changes to the CurseForge website have made it impossible to use such scripts as it throws 503 errors. Here's the article your devs may wish to read:
    https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200504045-Using-Cloudflare-with-your-API
    Moreover, the relevant GitHub issue can be found here:
    https://github.com/grrttedwards/wow-addon-updater/issues/68

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I still can't understand why it is that no pagination or even a long scrolling page is difficult to put on the notifications page. It's been missing from the old site for years and now it's still missing. I get notifications saying there are 85 updates since my last review (a day or two ago) but still restricted to only the last 20. How does that make any sense? Please fix your site so that we have a prayers chance to find what's changed by developers.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Classic WoW needs its own section, either that or just much better support under the WoW section than it has currently. It's hard to know what addons do and don't work with Classic and it's a pain to have both classic and retail as different downloads under the same addon which means auto update is useless.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Game Suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Some add-ons only require a minimum amount of changes in order to be compatible with the Classic version of WoW. This is often done within the code itself, however, there are some things that should be handled by the packager, so I offer the following suggestions:

• Build-specific tags:

@retail@ / #@end-retail@

@classic@ / #@end-classic@

This is most useful in the ToC file, to separate the interface/version numbers.

• Classic-specific pkgmeta or pkgmeta entries. Some libraries, etc, aren't compatible with Classic, so classic builds need their own inclusions/exclusions, etc.

• A project setting to automatically build a classic package based on the above…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. You absolutely ruined this website.

The design is atrocious, it was never amazing but how did you manage to make it worse?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hello,

I realize that CurseForge is now essentially owned by Twitch, however I would like to share a story that removed a small part of this day's awesomeness for me, while it might have not, had authentication avoiding Twitch been available.

Planning to submit some content to CurseForge, I found out that I have to create a Twitch account to proceed. During that process, I was somewhat shocked by how the form only wanted my password once, but I've only considered that a very minor UX violation of not meeting the user's expectations.

I have thus proceeded, inputting my nickname,…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. As seen here, it only shows like one notification without scrolling: https://i.imgur.com/eOl9D77.png

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?