Bug Report? File here → https://support.curseforge.com

Game Mods & CurseForge

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I would like the Localization-Tab from the WoW-Curseforge on the Minecraft Curseforge

8 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

2. We really need a linux curse minecraft launcher

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow users to select multiple categories to filter by, perhaps with check boxes

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

-CurseForge Team

4. I don't really want random user profiles showing up here, it seems to make sense that the user who's profile your on's content is displayed.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

5. As exemple:
    I want to find modpacks with Thermal Exmapsion mod, I can find TE mod, open Dependents view ( https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/thermalexpansion/relations/dependents ) and all that I can see a list of 300+ sorted by alpha mods and modpacks.
    It will be really helpful to add ability to sort them by populatity too. Ideally the same ability as in the main search page.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments!

6. According to https://authors.curseforge.com/docs/api there is a maven repository that automatically hosts uploaded files, which is cool. I've gotten it to work so long as projects conform exactly to the pattern described in the article.

However, if a project deviates from this pattern, either the maven entries aren't generated or are extremely obscure.

Examples:

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/projecte/files/2666545
    Expected maven link: projecte:ProjectE-1.12.2:PE1.4.0
    Result: Does not work, likely because the version number is prefixed with "PE"

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/better-builders-wands/files/2668846
    Expected maven link: better-builders-wands:BetterBuildersWands-1.12.2:0.13.0.267+dc89c58
    Result: Does not work, probably because of that git tag. However, adding ":dev" to the end does work, to request the sub-file.

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/journeymap/files/2640111
    Expected…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

7. When I login I want to review all my notifications and often times it is more than 20 (even for one day) since I follow many projects and when they get updates. There is no option to go to next page of notifications even though settings should show them all. This is a serious limitation of the site and makes it so I miss a lot of updates. This is more of a bug than it is an enhancement.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

8. Separate the Minecraft lists of Forge and Fabric, so it is easier to find the different versions. Maybe even have a third that has mods working off Forge or Fabric

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. After the latest site update emails have shift to only saying "You have comments on project [Name]" rather than how it use to show a highlight of the comments. This has made it difficult to know if I need to answer right away or if it can wait until later. I would prefer if I could see the comments again in the email.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

10. I'm looking through the read-only version of the new site releasing today (Jun-26-2019) and I realized it can be a bit painful to scroll through the comments. This is likely an issue with the old site as well. My idea to improve this slightly is to collapse reply chains by default and have an option to expand for those that want to see the replies.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

11. When selecting version 1.13.2 for Minecraft and filtering, Mods without versions for 1.13.2 are listed.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments!

12. On the user-facing side of the site we have a 'changes' tab to show the change log of the latest file https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/icbm-classic/changes This tab is not present on the project side of the side https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/icbm-classic and would be useful if it was included.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello again! We’re happy to let you know that we will be moving forward with implementing your suggestion! We’ll provide a final update on this page once this suggestion has been implemented.

-CurseForge Team

13. A while ago when I started making mods and tried to publish my first mod it was rejected, because the description was not exaustive at all.
    Now I see projects with one single row in the description get approved.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

14. Would be cool to have a button that allows sharing to common social media platforms. This would help users promote mods they enjoy and drive more traffic to the site/mod. Main target could be twitter, discord, and reddit. As these are very common for sharing mods.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

15. Allow a mod authors to have a version field for their own mod. This way, users can check if they have the latest file from a quick glance.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Like you see on the Google Play store, for example.

Use cases I want to use it for: (In my case, mostly with mods)

• Commonly viewed/downloaded together. (Would cover a really all of these, but more specifically:)

• Mods that do the same thing. Categories aren't quite specific enough, and even if I search for it it's still really common that I find a post on something super common on reddit, for example, for something I specifically looked for on curse and it didn't come up. This is frustrating.

• Parent/Children mods. Different from dependants; dependants are only reliable if it literally…
    6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  affoste responded

Thank you for this suggestion, we are currently reviewing it. Please add any additional details you think would be helpful in the comments— we are listening!

17. The client currently doesn't allow custom images for custom profiles. The only way to get a custom image is to upload your custom profile to CurseForge as a Mod Pack, which doesn't make sense for private or WIP projects.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Thank you for this suggestion, we are currently reviewing it. Please add any additional details you think would be helpful in the comments— we are listening!

18. On the minecraft modpack's pages there is no direct download link, and if you click on files tab, there still is no download link next to the current pack's version, or ANY of the pack's versions, you have to click on the current pack's file link AGAIN to get to a download URL or click specifically on the bottom right file link in the modpack page.

There should be a direct download link from the main modpack page, or a link to a downloads page labeled. Right now it seems it is deliberately buried and obfuscated to make it more…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hi, I have noticed that the search function on the website is atrocious to the point where it's more effective to use a search engine like Google with the 'site:' parameter than using your built in search function (no offense lol), but I think this could be improved by adding tags, and using a different or better search algorithm.

Thanks for your consideration :)

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The current size of the change log scroll box of 9 lines if way too limiting and needs to be increased, preferably the scroll box should be dynamically sized with the webpage.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

• Don't see your idea?