Game Mods & CurseForge

Bug Report? File here → https://support.curse.com/hc/en-us

How can we improve game mods and CurseForge?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Expose Versioning for each Mod.

Allow a mod authors to have a version field for their own mod. This way, users can check if they have the latest file from a quick glance.

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

2. Project Image Requirements

Why are project images required to be 1:1. I spent more time getting this image than the rest of the project upload process.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

3. easily donate to the addon author

May you add other donation ways like alipay and WeChatPay, so the CN players can donate easily.Thanks.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Thank you for this suggestion, we are currently reviewing it. Please add any additional details you think would be helpful in the comments— we are listening!

4. Question

Why some good mods like Digimobs-Recode or The betweenland for example keep coming whwith Optifine incompatibility, it's that to hard to fix, others mods like Japaricraftmod, they did have that trouble and they fixed, I think for people who are so amazing written so good mods, won't be too difficult to fix that, Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Game Suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fuck off with demand of client installation for file download.

In 2019 my web browser can download files itself.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. t

twitch deleted all my wow addons and wont let me browse/download them again. its basically worthless to me now, which is unfortunate since I really enjoyed using it. hope you can help me fix this! :)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. add another game depository for Ex : GTA 5 Or FS 19

add another game depository for Ex : GTA 5 Or FS 19

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. General functionality improvements

there are currently 2 websites doing the same:
    - [1] https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/jei
    - [2] https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/jei

just looking differently, both are on curseforge and just use another url layout. get rid of one of them (preferably the first one cause its has way less functionality than the second one)

(both have different comment sections -.-)

the current search function on website [2] is useless. for everything you search it shows so much modpacks that you probably won't find what you're looking for except you know exactly the name. google is way faster and better.

the search on website [1] at least recognizes…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Give the modpack owners/authers to change modpack logo

would be cool for the modpack owners/auther to be able too change the logo of the modpacks on twitch, if they wan't it more personal or don't like the one they have, instead of feeling forced to only use one type.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Exoskeleton for Kerbal !

Could be cool to have an exoskeleton for kerbal in away mission.

Would make easier to move heavy parts without the need for to many kerbal on the site.

JC

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Conflict with Mouse Tweaks

Conflict with Mouse Tweaks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. "Related Projects" section on curseforge pages. (minecraft.curseforge, mainly)

Like you see on the Google Play store, for example.

Use cases I want to use it for: (In my case, mostly with mods)

- Commonly viewed/downloaded together. (Would cover a really all of these, but more specifically:)
    - Mods that do the same thing. Categories aren't quite specific enough, and even if I search for it it's still really common that I find a post on something super common on reddit, for example, for something I *specifically* looked for on curse and it didn't come up. This is frustrating.
    - Parent/Children mods. Different from dependants; dependants are only reliable…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  affoste responded

Thank you for this suggestion, we are currently reviewing it. Please add any additional details you think would be helpful in the comments— we are listening!

13. Upload images for custom profiles

The client currently doesn't allow custom images for custom profiles. The only way to get a custom image is to upload your custom profile to CurseForge as a Mod Pack, which doesn't make sense for private or WIP projects.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

14. Screen Shots

I don't like how there are no screen shots of the addons. This used to be a thing. Now it isn't a thing. Make it a thing again please :) <3

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We’ve reviewed your idea and would like to hear more. Can you give us some more details about your suggestion? Specifically:

(1) Is this for the desktop app, website, or project page?
    (2) What kind of screenshots would you want to see?

15. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

16. Improve your version checker.

Twitch is reporting LUI up-to-date if the August, 2018 build is installed. That's quite a few updates back. WoW will not load that version

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enable the browsing of our favorites.

While the ability to favorite a project is seemingly functional, you are currently unable to browse the filles that you have favorited.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

18. Twitch App WoW Dependencies

I'm seeing a number of issues related to World of Warcraft addons and the dependencies as they are handled by the Twitch app. I wanted to start by opening the issue on the Curseforge side and go from there:

Please review my projects - I have a number of them all with the word "TomCat's" in the name.
    In particular, one addon named "TomCat's Tours: Complete" intends to allow some of my more loyal end users to be able to have all of the TomCat's Tours addons installed and kept up to date without having to look for new addons…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

19. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

20. Separate Older Versions from Current Versions in Files

Make it easy to find the current version of the file and put it front and center on the files page, away from the rest of the older versions.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

• Don't see your idea?

Game Mods & CurseForge

Feedback and Knowledge Base