Game Mods & CurseForge

Bug Report? File here → https://support.curseforge.com

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. On the authors dashboard, allow to downloading all statistics at once.

Since we can now download statistics per project, it would be nice not to have to go through multiple pages of projects to download all of the data.

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

-CurseForge Team

2. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

-CurseForge Team

3. Project download data

Half related to https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/915910-game-mods-curseforge/suggestions/36481525-project-data-graphs

Would be useful to see the source of downloads of a mod. Mainly in regards to modpacks vs downloads vs dependencies. This way mod authors can see where the downloads are coming from and decide how to best focus their efforts.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

4. Twitch app client / Minecraft modpack version filter

Where is the filter gone to select what version of Minecraft should be shown in the mudpack list. Its horrible to find packs for as example the newest version of Minecraft with out such a field.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

5. Don't show delete comments in notifications

When a comment is deleted on a mod it still shows in notifications. This can make it annoying to check in on user interaction with mods. As the comment still shows, can be clicked, and gives the impression that it exists. However, when clicked it will load the page but not go to the comment section. My suggestion is to either not show the comment in notifications or show the comment in a deleted state.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments!

6. Last Updated times for mods are not consistent

On curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods the "Last Updated" field that it sorts by is not the same field it displays in the list. So, you'll have the most recently updated mod at the top, and it might say, "Last Updated: 5 days ago", and the one below it will say "Last Updated: 1 hour ago". If you navigate to the mod's overview page, you can often see one "Last Updated" time under the mod's name and another, different updated time on the sidebar to the right.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments!

7. Private Pack Filter

Lately there seems to be an influx of "Private Packs". These packs are intended for use on a private server and they tend not to offer public support, bug reporting, etc. It also seems very odd to put something private in a public space.

I would like a way to filter those out while searching for packs to play.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

8. Cannot set issues/source for wowace addons

I create a new addon and try to set it issues and source settings how it just shows

Not found
    We were unable to find the page or file you were looking for.

Please fix this issue as soon as possible

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

9. Need a Customization sub-category for Minecraft Datapacks

CurseForge Minecraft needs a category for Minecraft datapacks, probably under Customization. They are a lot like Resource Packs, but provide logical-server-side customization of recipes, advancements, loot tables, tags, etc. for vanilla Minecraft 1.13/1.14+. PlanetMinecraft hosts them as a sub-category of mods, which is a bit odd in my opinion; you don't appear to host them at all.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

10. Please write a 302 redirect to send 404's from /server-mods/ to /projects/

Last year the content from /server-mods/ was reassigned to /projects/ and broke thousands and thousands of links on resource pages.

Instead of waiting for us to contact the author of each plugin and ask them to overhaul each Wiki and resource page, can you write a 302 redirect to redirect requests for everyone automatically? They'r always used in this situation, it just looks like someone forgot. : ( It happens

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Pressing delete on installed mods gives no feedback

Something that makes or breaks an app like Twitch - specifically in the game mod area - is tactility, and to me, it seems like with a recent update quite a bit of that has been lost.

While I'm asking specifically for the 'delete' button to be polished up a bit to possibly change into a loading spinner and then another icon if the deletion has failed (since at the moment literally nothing happens even if the delete actually worked), I think a lot more things in the same regard need a look at in terms of polishing.

I really…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Forge

Show compatible forge build versions for a mod. Some gave minimal forge version, some have gaps in coverage, some have maximum forge version.

Also let us search for all mods working with a certain build.

In general some kind of continuous integration feedback. And while at it, make the ci test both on stand-alone and client so that users can quickly see on the kids page if it works only on client or server.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

13. Twitch sub button on other parts of the Twitch app.

The new experimental sub button is only on the expanded info page for a mod. While I can't speak for every user, I feel like most users download their mods from the search list rather than the expanded info page. The reasoning for this is that it is quicker to download mods you are already familiar with that way, and there is no clear indication that an expanded info page exists from the search page.

In my experience with the twitch app I only view the expanded info page if it is for a mod I am not familiar with.…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Stop approving Projects that have so poor infos

A while ago when I started making mods and tried to publish my first mod it was rejected, because the description was not exaustive at all.
    Now I see projects with one single row in the description get approved.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

15. Minecraft: Where are the resource packs and version selectors on the client now?

I can't seem to find the version for minecraft to select and I can't find the resource packs to download when I do download a modpack. Where did they go and how do I get them back?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make the Maven repository more visible/flexible

According to https://authors.curseforge.com/docs/api there is a maven repository that automatically hosts uploaded files, which is cool. I've gotten it to work so long as projects conform exactly to the pattern described in the article.

However, if a project deviates from this pattern, either the maven entries aren't generated or are extremely obscure.

Examples:

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/projecte/files/2666545
    Expected maven link: projecte:ProjectE-1.12.2:PE1.4.0
    Result: Does not work, likely because the version number is prefixed with "PE"

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/better-builders-wands/files/2668846
    Expected maven link: better-builders-wands:BetterBuildersWands-1.12.2:0.13.0.267+dc89c58
    Result: Does not work, probably because of that git tag. However, adding ":dev" to the end does work, to request the sub-file.

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/journeymap/files/2640111
    Expected…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

17. Disable minecraft profile play buttons when files are getting downloaded.

Currently you can start the game while files are trying to be updated or downloaded. This causes an error as the files will be in use when the app tries to replace them.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

18. Backward search starting with mod

Hey there,
    can you add a backward-search to the website, where I can select specific mods and the site tells me which modpacks contain these mods?

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

Thank you for this suggestion, we are currently reviewing it. Please add any additional details you think would be helpful in the comments— we are listening!

19. Show the version number of the add-on on it's main page. (It used to be that way!)

Show the version number of the add-on on it's main page. (It used to be that way!)

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Give us the ability to search the "issues" portion of minecraft mod packs.

Currently we can view the issues page for mod packs to see bugs/feedback reported there. We can toggle to view by tags or status (open/closed) but we cannot perform any simple search in this section. Being able to search would allow us to determine if an issue has already been reported/addressed.

Sample page: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/project-ozone-3-a-new-way-forward/issues

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base