Game Mods & CurseForge

Bug Report? File here → https://support.curseforge.com

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG: Context menus don't display properly

In the client, context menus should be toplevel so that they are displayed over over elements. (Outlined in Red)
    Sub menus should open to the right if there is enough room for them ie. where the arrow is. (Outlined in Yellow)
    https://i.imgur.com/zHoEYSV.png

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

2. Like other video game mod sites, it would be amazing to have a "trending" tab.

Basically a simple tab to show the weeks most downloaded mods, also a new filter option when browsing mods to search by release date AND popularity. Easily finding the most popular mods of the past week, or month. This would really help drive the modding scene because currently its hard to find new and exciting mods because the most popular constantly have the foreground.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add ability to download packs in client.

It would be very useful to have a way to download a modpack (or even a mod) to the Twitch client, directly from the website. This could take the form of a button on the wesbite that says "Download in Twitch client", and clicking this button would communicate with the Twitch client and prompt the download to happen.

Ideally, this feature would be handled by registering the Twitch app to handle a custom URI scheme. Microsoft has some more information on that here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/internet-explorer/ie-developer/platform-apis/aa767914(v=vs.85)

I believe the above approach would be ideal because it greatly streamlines the process for the…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Thank you for this suggestion, we are currently reviewing it. Please add any additional details you think would be helpful in the comments— we are listening!

4. Increase the height of the notifications menu

As seen here, it only shows like one notification without scrolling: https://i.imgur.com/eOl9D77.png

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

5. Additional Category Suggestions

I would like to request a few new categories on the Minecraft Mod section.

- Modpack Utility - This category would be for mods that are specifically designed for customizing modpacks. Things like Custom Main Menu, Game Stages, and CraftTweaker would belong in this category.
    - Minigame/Gamemode - This category would be for mods that add a new way to play the game, or games within the main game. An example of this would be the Waiting Time mod and Modded Bingo.
    - GameStages - This category would be for mods that expand upon the functionality of Game Stages. It…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

6. A working REFRESH button would be nice

Currently, clicking the REFRESH button does nothing. The button is not animated in any way to show it is doing anything, and if it does, that is nothing.

I have to actually EXIT the program, launch it again to find new mods that have updates.

eg: I had 2 mods that showed updates available.
    Hit refresh, still 2 mods. Hit refresh, still 2 mods.
    QUIT PROGRAM and start it again, now shows FIVE (5) mods that have updates.

OLD version worked beautifully. You could click 'refresh' and it worked. You could keep things sorted that mods which have updates are…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments!

7. Need a specific search option for project ID

I think Curse Forge should add search option for project ID. It will be more specific and easier for the one who search for project ID,not the name

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Where are the Previous/Next buttons on your revised CurseForge webpage?

On your new webpage the search only shows the first page of hits on a search. Some addons have a TON of related stuff that needs to be displayed. For example HandyNotes has WAY more plugins and related addons than the 20 that are displayed. This suggestion/question was posted earlier and was then closed with a notification that it had been implemented. IT HAS NOT!!!

There are STILL no Next/Previous buttons on the Search Results pages!! It still only shows the first 20 hits and that's ALL!!! For example:https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/search?category=&search=handynotes

Please add the Previous/Next buttons you said you did.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add a reply button to moderation notifications.

Moderation notes, at least from what I've seen, are mostly just generic copy-paste messages.

You can't see who moderated it, you can't communicate to them, and if they messed up, they might've not noticed and you can't actually tell them.

Adding a reply button easily fixes this issue, doesn't take that much time to do (just treat the note as a comment and paste in the reply function code) and can help everyone involved.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

11. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Keep maintaining the maven system

I made a support request about invalid cookie headers/expires attribute from the maven repository, and I was told it is no longer being maintained and considered for the chopping board.

As of current I think this would be harmful in general to modding, as many many projects depend on the CF maven to develop addons for mods that do not have their own maven (and many are unable to do so!). This would break many projects and also make it a lot of more difficult to obtain the right versions for development.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Popup on projects for when they won't sync to the client like when making a new project mentions you need a file.

Currently there is no way for a user or dev to know that the project they just made/found will not show up on the launcher ever due to some limited circumstances.

These circumstances should be made aware to people and be clearly pointed out in a popup like what happens when you make a new project with no files.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

14. Persist game version in addon filter

When going through WoW addons, the game version resets every time I select a new category. Please have the site remember the game version I'm selecting so I don't have to scroll down to the bottom of the list to find WoW Classic compatible mods.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Can find an addon via the website, but using the same exact search terms will show no results in the App. Launcher

Allow addon's found via the website search functions to also work via the App Launcher search functions. Currently I am able to find addon's via the website for WoW, but unable to find them using the exact name of the addon using the App. When I click on Install via the website, all it does is open the App launcher, and nothing happens. No automatic download & unable to find the same addon using the launcher. It acts as if there is a totally separate database. Really upset about the Curse/Twitch partnership as it seems to have been a really…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add a CurseForge Leaderboard

I would really love to see a user leaderboard on CurseForge. You should be able to filter by downloads, points etc. When clicking/hovering over the names on the leaderboard, their most popular content will be displayed underneath, with a "visit page" button, and an option to view all of their projects on their profile page.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Minecraft version filter not working

When selecting version 1.13.2 for Minecraft and filtering, Mods without versions for 1.13.2 are listed.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments!

18. Add sorting ability to a mod dependents view

As exemple:
    I want to find modpacks with Thermal Exmapsion mod, I can find TE mod, open Dependents view ( https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/thermalexpansion/relations/dependents ) and all that I can see a list of 300+ sorted by alpha mods and modpacks.
    It will be really helpful to add ability to sort them by populatity too. Ideally the same ability as in the main search page.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add "vanilla+" as a main category for minecraft modpacks.

There is no proper category for minecraft modpacks that stay close to vanilla. The secondary category "light" kinda works because most of the time it's only a few mods but a "vanilla+" main category would help a lot and also seperate those packs from any other type of light modpacks out there!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Share codes for projects.

Currently with CF there is many packs made for servers, friends and "private" use. Many of these packs don't really need to be listed in the modpack listing. In the first 3 pages about 30% of the projects listed are of this kind. (when this was posted) Removing most of these kinds of packs will improve the searching for packs to play along with help people who make modpacks get their pack out there.

The current way to share packs outside of a public listing on CF is to export and host the export somewhere. Then link your users to…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base