Game Mods & CurseForge

Bug Report? File here → https://support.curse.com/hc/en-us

How can we improve game mods and CurseForge?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Last Updated times for mods are not consistent

On curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods the "Last Updated" field that it sorts by is not the same field it displays in the list. So, you'll have the most recently updated mod at the top, and it might say, "Last Updated: 5 days ago", and the one below it will say "Last Updated: 1 hour ago". If you navigate to the mod's overview page, you can often see one "Last Updated" time under the mod's name and another, different updated time on the sidebar to the right.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments!

2. Need help

I need help in the installing of addons to WoW

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Share to social media button

Would be cool to have a button that allows sharing to common social media platforms. This would help users promote mods they enjoy and drive more traffic to the site/mod. Main target could be twitter, discord, and reddit. As these are very common for sharing mods.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

-CurseForge Team

4. Twitch sub button on other parts of the Twitch app.

The new experimental sub button is only on the expanded info page for a mod. While I can't speak for every user, I feel like most users download their mods from the search list rather than the expanded info page. The reasoning for this is that it is quicker to download mods you are already familiar with that way, and there is no clear indication that an expanded info page exists from the search page.

In my experience with the twitch app I only view the expanded info page if it is for a mod I am not familiar with.…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments!

5. Minecraft: Where are the resource packs and version selectors on the client now?

I can't seem to find the version for minecraft to select and I can't find the resource packs to download when I do download a modpack. Where did they go and how do I get them back?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Give us the ability to search the "issues" portion of minecraft mod packs.

Currently we can view the issues page for mod packs to see bugs/feedback reported there. We can toggle to view by tags or status (open/closed) but we cannot perform any simple search in this section. Being able to search would allow us to determine if an issue has already been reported/addressed.

Sample page: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/project-ozone-3-a-new-way-forward/issues

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

-CurseForge Team

7. Add Paging to Notifications

When I login I want to review all my notifications and often times it is more than 20 (even for one day) since I follow many projects and when they get updates. There is no option to go to next page of notifications even though settings should show them all. This is a serious limitation of the site and makes it so I miss a lot of updates. This is more of a bug than it is an enhancement.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

8. Data Pack support

We currently have Mods, Mod Packs, Addons, Resource Packs and World support. However, we still don't have a way to upload data packs, which is a big factor in world customization.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

9. General functionality improvements

there are currently 2 websites doing the same:
    - [1] https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/jei
    - [2] https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/jei

just looking differently, both are on curseforge and just use another url layout. get rid of one of them (preferably the first one cause its has way less functionality than the second one)

(both have different comment sections -.-)

the current search function on website [2] is useless. for everything you search it shows so much modpacks that you probably won't find what you're looking for except you know exactly the name. google is way faster and better.

the search on website [1] at least recognizes…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The "Download Latest File" button should be renamed to "Download Latest Stable Release" or similar

Currently, the "Download Latest File" button on CurseForge only downloads the latest release version, even if there are newer alphas/betas available. I understand why this is the case, but many players would rather have a later, more feature rich beta than an older release, since most mod betas are stable enough to be played.

My suggestion is changing the button to read "Download latest stable release" and adding a dropdown option to download the latest alpha/beta version. Plus, there should be a persistent setting that lets you switch between downloading the latest release and downloading the latest alpha/beta.

This applies…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

11. csv export as JSON

With the new csv export option it would be amazing if we could get this data as JSON. Right now its in csv format which can be tricky to parse consistantly. JSON is a lot easier to populate to software and can be feed into existing javascript tools for data display. This will allow developers to better ingrate tools with the data and improve usability while we wait on curse to implement graphs directly.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

12. Not having to wait over a day and more for your mod pack to be accepted.

I am currently waiting for my mod pack to be accepted it's been over a day now and still no response this is driving me insane and I am furious as to why it's taking so long.

I want it so that you only have to wait a few hours at tops not over day or many days.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Don't show delete comments in notifications

When a comment is deleted on a mod it still shows in notifications. This can make it annoying to check in on user interaction with mods. As the comment still shows, can be clicked, and gives the impression that it exists. However, when clicked it will load the page but not go to the comment section. My suggestion is to either not show the comment in notifications or show the comment in a deleted state.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make the Maven repository more visible/flexible

According to https://authors.curseforge.com/docs/api there is a maven repository that automatically hosts uploaded files, which is cool. I've gotten it to work so long as projects conform exactly to the pattern described in the article.

However, if a project deviates from this pattern, either the maven entries aren't generated or are extremely obscure.

Examples:

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/projecte/files/2666545
    Expected maven link: projecte:ProjectE-1.12.2:PE1.4.0
    Result: Does not work, likely because the version number is prefixed with "PE"

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/better-builders-wands/files/2668846
    Expected maven link: better-builders-wands:BetterBuildersWands-1.12.2:0.13.0.267+dc89c58
    Result: Does not work, probably because of that git tag. However, adding ":dev" to the end does work, to request the sub-file.

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/journeymap/files/2640111
    Expected…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

15. Project Image Requirements

Why are project images required to be 1:1. I spent more time getting this image than the rest of the project upload process.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16. Translations contributions

I would like the Localization-Tab from the WoW-Curseforge on the Minecraft Curseforge

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17. "Related Projects" section on curseforge pages. (minecraft.curseforge, mainly)

Like you see on the Google Play store, for example.

Use cases I want to use it for: (In my case, mostly with mods)

- Commonly viewed/downloaded together. (Would cover a really all of these, but more specifically:)
    - Mods that do the same thing. Categories aren't quite specific enough, and even if I search for it it's still really common that I find a post on something super common on reddit, for example, for something I *specifically* looked for on curse and it didn't come up. This is frustrating.
    - Parent/Children mods. Different from dependants; dependants are only reliable…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  affoste responded

Thank you for this suggestion, we are currently reviewing it. Please add any additional details you think would be helpful in the comments— we are listening!

18. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

19. Add a spam filter and CAPTCA to the forums!

Spambots and adbots everywhere. Please do something to stop these posts and delete the spambot accounts.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

20. Retain "Get More Content" filter when returning from mod page

When browsing the list of mods found under "Get More Content" I often search specific lists using searches or category filters and click on mods to view the information about them.
    It would be great to not have to start from the very top with no filters again after viewing the mods details.

I swear this was how it used to work before some update that happened...

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Game Mods & CurseForge

Feedback and Knowledge Base