Game Mods & CurseForge

Bug Report? File here → https://support.curse.com/hc/en-us

How can we improve game mods and CurseForge?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The 'file' tab for all plugin projects doesn't seem to be working...

I'm trying to download older versions of plugins for my 1.8.8 factions server, but whenever I try and access the 'file' section of the plugin (where you are meant to find the other versions of the plugin), the website gives me an error and states:

"Internal Server Error
    An internal server error has occurred. Please try again later. If the error continues please reach out to support."

Pls fix? :)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a datapack category for Minecraft

Datapacks have been around for years now and as curseforge is the main place to download them I'm chocked how there still isn't a category! Currently they are mixed with mod configurations which don't have any similarities at all. Please add a datapack category the same way as mods, modpacks, resourcepacks etc

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Minecraft version filter not working

When selecting version 1.13.2 for Minecraft and filtering, Mods without versions for 1.13.2 are listed.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments!

5. Add sorting ability to a mod dependents view

As exemple:
    I want to find modpacks with Thermal Exmapsion mod, I can find TE mod, open Dependents view ( https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/thermalexpansion/relations/dependents ) and all that I can see a list of 300+ sorted by alpha mods and modpacks.
    It will be really helpful to add ability to sort them by populatity too. Ideally the same ability as in the main search page.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments!

6. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I don't certify even after one day.

I don't certify even after one day...
    Please let me approve mod soon. It seems that there are other people. Is it maintenance?
    https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/japanese-localization-patch
    It is a mod that only makes Japanese.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please write a 302 redirect to send 404's from /server-mods/ to /projects/

Last year the content from /server-mods/ was reassigned to /projects/ and broke thousands and thousands of links on resource pages.

Instead of waiting for us to contact the author of each plugin and ask them to overhaul each Wiki and resource page, can you write a 302 redirect to redirect requests for everyone automatically? They'r always used in this situation, it just looks like someone forgot. : ( It happens

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Minecraft Server Availability Checker

A little section in the minecraft tab where we can add IP's Of Servers that are periodically checked(set by User in settings) to see if ti is online, also shows the server icon and message of the day, also shows player online count and max players like the minecraft multiplayer page.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Separate project change log from file change log

The site currently shows the change log for the last file uploaded. Which is good if the file was manually uploaded and a log was pasted in by the developer. Problem is a lot of mods only do change log for the current file, leave it empty, or autogenerate the change logs. This makes the change log tab on a project mostly useless.

Ex: One of my own projects https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/icbm-classic/changes we use auto-generated logs which are not very human readable.

My suggestion would be to separate the presented change log from the file change log. This will let developers keep…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

-CurseForge Team

12. Show the version number of the add-on on it's main page. (It used to be that way!)

Show the version number of the add-on on it's main page. (It used to be that way!)

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Disable minecraft profile play buttons when files are getting downloaded.

Currently you can start the game while files are trying to be updated or downloaded. This causes an error as the files will be in use when the app tries to replace them.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

-CurseForge Team

14. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Stop approving Projects that have so poor infos

A while ago when I started making mods and tried to publish my first mod it was rejected, because the description was not exaustive at all.
    Now I see projects with one single row in the description get approved.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

16. Add a Like/Dislike button to vote mods.

Add a Like/Dislike button to vote mods. Popularity will increase with Likes while will decrease with Dislikes. This will be really useful to tell easier which mods / modpacks are bad.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

17. Backward search starting with mod

Hey there,
    can you add a backward-search to the website, where I can select specific mods and the site tells me which modpacks contain these mods?

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Thank you for this suggestion, we are currently reviewing it. Please add any additional details you think would be helpful in the comments— we are listening!

18. Option to hide API/library mods from the list

Many Minecraft mod makers upload API/library mods that are only needed to make their mods work, but are pointless to download otherwise. This makes an already very long mod list even longer and more difficult to browse, also because library mods look like content mods until you read the description.

My suggestion is to add a show/hide checkbox to the "API and Library" category, and to make it hidden by default.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

19. Followed modpacks show in launcher

Would be cool if the client tracks modpacks that I follow and allowed me to quick install. This way I do not have to search for modpacks each time I use a new/different computer.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

20. The Download Latest File button does not download the latest file flagged as Release

Specifically, on the project autofish (https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/autofish/files), using the Download Latest File button is downloading a file that is not the most recently uploaded file flagged as Release. It is downloading file ID:2699339, which is the third most recent Release file. It should be downloading file ID:2708684.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Game Mods & CurseForge

Feedback and Knowledge Base