• Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 7 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

-CurseForge Team

2. add developer stats to the user profile page

the authors dashboard displays various stats..it would be nice have total downloads and project count available on our public profile pages

33 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for this suggestion, we are currently reviewing it. Please add any additional details you think would be helpful in the comments— we are listening!

3. Comments in emails

After the latest site update emails have shift to only saying "You have comments on project [Name]" rather than how it use to show a highlight of the comments. This has made it difficult to know if I need to answer right away or if it can wait until later. I would prefer if I could see the comments again in the email.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

-CurseForge Team

4. 5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

5. Optional mods in modpacks

When making a modpack it would be cool to have optional mods. This is a feature that exists in a few launchers I've created for other groups. It works by defining a flag on each mod (required, recommended, optional). Then when a user starts or installs the pack it asks if they want to enable the mod or leave it disabled.

The idea behind this would be to allow shipping mini-maps or performance fixed. While allowing users to disable them without unlocking the modpack and manually disabling the mods.

It would also provide a much better user experience. Along with…

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Thank you for this suggestion, we are currently reviewing it. Please add any additional details you think would be helpful in the comments— we are listening!

6. Collapse comment replies

I'm looking through the read-only version of the new site releasing today (Jun-26-2019) and I realized it can be a bit painful to scroll through the comments. This is likely an issue with the old site as well. My idea to improve this slightly is to collapse reply chains by default and have an option to expand for those that want to see the replies.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

7. Put the download links back. This is anti-competetive behavior by Twitch.

On the minecraft modpack's pages there is no direct download link, and if you click on files tab, there still is no download link next to the current pack's version, or ANY of the pack's versions, you have to click on the current pack's file link AGAIN to get to a download URL or click specifically on the bottom right file link in the modpack page.

There should be a direct download link from the main modpack page, or a link to a downloads page labeled. Right now it seems it is deliberately buried and obfuscated to make it more…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add a datapack category for Minecraft

Datapacks have been around for years now and as curseforge is the main place to download them I'm chocked how there still isn't a category! Currently they are mixed with mod configurations which don't have any similarities at all. Please add a datapack category the same way as mods, modpacks, resourcepacks etc

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

9. CurseForge Packager and Classic Support

Some add-ons only require a minimum amount of changes in order to be compatible with the Classic version of WoW. This is often done within the code itself, however, there are some things that should be handled by the packager, so I offer the following suggestions:

- Build-specific tags:

#@retail@ / #@end-retail@

#@classic@ / #@end-classic@

This is most useful in the ToC file, to separate the interface/version numbers.

- Classic-specific pkgmeta or pkgmeta entries. Some libraries, etc, aren't compatible with Classic, so classic builds need their own inclusions/exclusions, etc.

- A project setting to automatically build a classic package based…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Provide a way to find new projects on CurseForge

It would be very useful to have a reliable way of finding new mods on CurseForge. There is the ability to sort by the project creation date, however this is not the same as a project being new, and has many issues that can harm the discoverability of new projects.

To give an example, many mod authors will create the CurseForge project page days/weeks/months before they upload a new file. The reasoning from this can vary but it's often because they want to reserve the slug ID, or an issue came up in development which has delayed release. Another possible…

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

11. Return the website layout to pre twitch days

You absolutely ruined this website.

The design is atrocious, it was never amazing but how did you manage to make it worse?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow Mod Packs to include other projects.

Mod packs should be able to include projects other than mods. The most obvious example for this is the already existing customizations project type. This category is meant for sharing mod configurations and scripts, however they can not be used or included in modpacks. Worlds are also a project type that would benefit from being includable in modpacks.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13. Support authentication methods different from Twitch

Hello,

I realize that CurseForge is now essentially owned by Twitch, however I would like to share a story that removed a small part of this day's awesomeness for me, while it might have not, had authentication avoiding Twitch been available.

Planning to submit some content to CurseForge, I found out that I have to create a Twitch account to proceed. During that process, I was somewhat shocked by how the form only wanted my password once, but I've only considered that a very minor UX violation of not meeting the user's expectations.

I have thus proceeded, inputting my nickname,…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Don't show modloaders as a version on the table display

If I select "Forge" as a supported modloader for a file, it gets displayed as the main "Game Version", which is not correct.
    See here: https://imgur.com/a/LrXaqNF

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Changelog needs to be available on the project site

Changelog is not visible on project site any more, so to check all changes on mods I ahve to read them on the app.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

16. Increase the size of the change log box.

The current size of the change log scroll box of 9 lines if way too limiting and needs to be increased, preferably the scroll box should be dynamically sized with the webpage.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

17. Notifications need to be separated better.

Currently the Notifications page in the rework has no boxing on day or the notification itself. It looks like a hot mess and things don't match up.

Separating out each comment inside a box would be great.

Adding status icons for project changes (Like a red X for a reject and a green check mark for an approval) would be good improvement.

Making "X added a comment to X" and "X replied to your comment on X" match would be ideal...

https://i.imgur.com/2WogsEN.png <-- example of issues.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

18. [Failcompilation] Screenshots of curseForge UI in derp mode

https://i.imgur.com/ILkEkgG.png
    https://i.imgur.com/ULCg5iA.png
    https://i.imgur.com/BuqaBZD.png (this one was caused by the broken image tag in the mods description)

and finally... find the errors in this one yourself xD
    https://i.imgur.com/JtRD9I7.png

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Unable to set font size or text colour

I am unable to set custom text sizes and colours within the addon description text of my project page. Please restore this functionality.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

20. Please bring back wow.curseforge.com/addons

going to wow.curseforge.com/addons now returns:
    Module Disabled
    We're sorry, but this module is currently disabled. Please contact a site admin if this has been done in error. Site admins can enable modules under Site Configuration - General Settings in the Control Panel.

wow.curseforge.com/addons was much easier to navigate and to find latest release, beta, & alpha versions (than on www.curseforge.com/wow/addons).

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base