Game Mods & CurseForge

Bug Report? File here → https://support.curse.com/hc/en-us

How can we improve game mods and CurseForge?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Upload mods and modpacks from client

Would be useful to be able to upload mods and modpacks in the client. With the primary request being modpacks as its a bit of a pain to export, change file name, and then upload each time. Instead, it would be useful to update the modpack, check everything, and then upload directly from the client itself.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

-CurseForge Team

• "Update All" button in mod list

When managing the mods installed in a pack, it's very common to want to update every mod with an update available. Currently, this requires scrolling through the mod list and manually clicking on all the update buttons, which can take quite a while even for modestly-sized (50-100 mods) packs.

A simple "update all" button, which could even be hidden in the "…" menu at the top, would make this so much less annoying and error prone (easy to overlook a button when scrolling).

18 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for this suggestion, we are currently reviewing it. Please add any additional details you think would be helpful in the comments— we are listening!

• Linux Compatibility Improvements

Either on the client side or through the website to allow authors who are using STRICTLY Linux to use it. Without having to resort to complicated WINE installation.

20 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Optional mods in modpacks

When making a modpack it would be cool to have optional mods. This is a feature that exists in a few launchers I've created for other groups. It works by defining a flag on each mod (required, recommended, optional). Then when a user starts or installs the pack it asks if they want to enable the mod or leave it disabled.

The idea behind this would be to allow shipping mini-maps or performance fixed. While allowing users to disable them without unlocking the modpack and manually disabling the mods.

It would also provide a much better user experience. Along with…

8 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

Thank you for this suggestion, we are currently reviewing it. Please add any additional details you think would be helpful in the comments— we are listening!

• Add ability to download packs in client.

It would be very useful to have a way to download a modpack (or even a mod) to the Twitch client, directly from the website. This could take the form of a button on the wesbite that says "Download in Twitch client", and clicking this button would communicate with the Twitch client and prompt the download to happen.

Ideally, this feature would be handled by registering the Twitch app to handle a custom URI scheme. Microsoft has some more information on that here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/internet-explorer/ie-developer/platform-apis/aa767914(v=vs.85)

I believe the above approach would be ideal because it greatly streamlines the process for the…

5 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

• Add Option to Switch back to old UI.

The new twitch app isn't all that great. With new rounded designs and unreadable text (at least on my monitor), I would love an option to return the old UI when creating and managing modpacks.

3 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • 1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Disable minecraft profile play buttons when files are getting downloaded.

Currently you can start the game while files are trying to be updated or downloaded. This causes an error as the files will be in use when the app tries to replace them.

4 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

-CurseForge Team

• Followed modpacks show in launcher

Would be cool if the client tracks modpacks that I follow and allowed me to quick install. This way I do not have to search for modpacks each time I use a new/different computer.

4 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

• Stop forcing users to view games that are not installed & bring back sort by game version

I just want to update the modes for the games I have. It's bad enough I have to let the client scan for games I don't have every time I open it, but to not be able to just go to my installed add-ons is bogus. Also, bring back the ability to sort on any field. I like to sort by game version after a patch to see what still needs an update. I only want a client to update add-ons for the games I have and nothing else.

2 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• A working REFRESH button would be nice

Currently, clicking the REFRESH button does nothing. The button is not animated in any way to show it is doing anything, and if it does, that is nothing.

I have to actually EXIT the program, launch it again to find new mods that have updates.

eg: I had 2 mods that showed updates available.
                        Hit refresh, still 2 mods. Hit refresh, still 2 mods.
                        QUIT PROGRAM and start it again, now shows FIVE (5) mods that have updates.

OLD version worked beautifully. You could click 'refresh' and it worked. You could keep things sorted that mods which have updates are…

2 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• The fuck is this twitch bullshit

The fuck is this twitch bullshit

2 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Increase download limit

THe Download queue limit for minecraft mods and modpacks seems to be 3. Id like a option to manually increase this.

2 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• offline mode modded minecraft

Couldn't play my modded minecraft in offline mode due to not having the most recent update and had no internet at the time. I already had modpacks installed and i couldnt even get to those.

23 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

• Pressing delete on installed mods gives no feedback

Something that makes or breaks an app like Twitch - specifically in the game mod area - is tactility, and to me, it seems like with a recent update quite a bit of that has been lost.

While I'm asking specifically for the 'delete' button to be polished up a bit to possibly change into a loading spinner and then another icon if the deletion has failed (since at the moment literally nothing happens even if the delete actually worked), I think a lot more things in the same regard need a look at in terms of polishing.

I really…

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• how about going back to the cuse downloader

this twitch shit sux i dont use any of it and im sure im not the only one if I wanted to watch someone play a game I would watch myself as I play I've never seen such stupid shit in my life!!

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• how about going back to the cuse downloader

this twitch shit sux i dont use any of it and im sure im not the only one if I wanted to watch someone play a game I would watch myself as I play I've never seen such stupid shit in my life!!

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Retain "Get More Content" filter when returning from mod page

When browsing the list of mods found under "Get More Content" I often search specific lists using searches or category filters and click on mods to view the information about them.
                                      It would be great to not have to start from the very top with no filters again after viewing the mods details.

I swear this was how it used to work before some update that happened...

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Keep back button visible when scrolled down

Note: Unsure as to how far afield this applies, but I personally have these issues in the modded Minecraft area of the app.

It would be nice to keep the back button visible when scrolled down in a mods list in the edit modpack screen, and also when viewing a mod.

Currently, we have to scroll back up again to navigate and it just feels so off since I'm almost certain it wasn't like this previously.

Of course, this could also be extended to things like the "Play" or "Install" buttons on modpacks and mods pages respectively by using one…

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Twitch sub button on other parts of the Twitch app.

The new experimental sub button is only on the expanded info page for a mod. While I can't speak for every user, I feel like most users download their mods from the search list rather than the expanded info page. The reasoning for this is that it is quicker to download mods you are already familiar with that way, and there is no clear indication that an expanded info page exists from the search page.

In my experience with the twitch app I only view the expanded info page if it is for a mod I am not familiar with.…

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Game Mods & CurseForge

Feedback and Knowledge Base