How can we improve game mods and CurseForge?

Revert back to the old layout on CurseForge.

The new one looks like simplified garbage. Make sure to leave your reasons in the comments. 128 people voted for the old improvement and CurseForge didn't even consider it and just declined it. Starting a new one until they at least make the new site functional.
~Too much white space takes up the screen and is not utilized properly, leading to my next point. Text is too small, making this abundantly obvious. The UI looks like it's trying to fit into a phone screen, a device that doesn't use mods at all. This makes everything look awful from the notifications to the mod pages themselves.
~No text highlights like the old UI. Combined with the small text, it's harder to tell what exactly you're clicking on.
~Toolbar is nonexistent. Why get rid of something that worked perfectly fine? Why is the feedback at the bottom of the page instead of the top where everyone can read it? Are you trying to shield yourselves from any criticism?
~Notifications lead to the wrong version of a file. I want to download the main .jar file of a mod, and I get deof/API file instead of the one that everyone is going to use. Trying to find the right Minecraft version of a mod is insanely difficult to do, unlike in the old layout where it was neat and organized and wasn't shoved away to make room for the 3 files I don't need. This makes the files tab for mods confusing. It needs to stop assuming the mod files I want and just list all the mods like it did before. Files need 5 seconds to download? Why? Now you're purposely trying to irritate everyone using the site.
~If you're designers are somehow attached to this ****** layout, could you at least enable the old design and keep the new one? The old notifications are still active and that's the only part of the site I'm willing to use.

Post any ideas in the comments of issues I missed.

26 votes
Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sciencedrummer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • laike_endaril commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To any curseforge membe reading, please also refer to the issues in the other thread as well (https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/915910-game-mods-curseforge/suggestions/38018446-revert-back-to-the-old-layout-on-curseforge)

And quit purposely antagonizing your userbase, please.

Anyway...one more I'm not sure has been mentioned: no way to create a new mod (or other project) from the author menu. This was the case on the old layout too IIRC, but at least on the old one you could access the mod listings, from which you could create a mod. On the new layout, the fastest way to do any of this is to google "forge mods", find the link for the mod list, and go from there.

• CluelessPhil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The modpack creation layout is all messed up, I can't name it, or do anything else, just give a description.... fix it or go back to the original..

• chunked_element commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this shouldn't be deleted there were some good suggestions in here. like pack search on main page and search by author, oo and can we get a gray or dark theme the white everywhere is too much. Thanks

• nlck_dev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

~You have to click on browse, then click mods to search for mods, because when your on one thing, you can't search for another. And it wouldn't be tedious, if the buttons weren't so small and far.

It's not even like AmazonForge(twitch) is listening, and since MC forums is gone (rip) the only place to go get mods with a good theme is 9Minecraft. However, there's also Planet Minecraft. They have a much better theme, and are not owned by AmazonForge. (Note: Planet Minecraft is a non virus website. unlike AmazonForge, they are minecraft based.)

~You can't search for items on a mod's page, you have to go back to the main page.
    ~There is no main page for everything, you get sent to a specific page
    ~When on one "item" (i.e. the minecraft modpacks page) you can't search for another item (i.e. mods, plugins, etc.)

• Sciencedrummer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Holy ****. I just realized. They just said "F you" to anyone who liked the UI on minecraft.curseforge.com and just forced everyone to use the newer and crappier site. They are 100% trying to **** off half their userbase.

It's not a conspiracy, they declined my previous suggestion, therefore saying everything is perfect with this new UI.

• DeltaNedas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please not start conspiracy x)
    you have all been b&
    - amazon bot literally in a cage

Yeah, a virus website has a better UI than this. I don't know how they could have messed it up this bad and then deny it's this bad.

• DeltaNedas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

honestly 9mc has a better ui not even joking
    doesnt even have a download timer
    (its a virus site yet beats curse in nearly every way)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base