How can we improve game mods and CurseForge?

How am I supposed to search for mods now?

I'm not going to be one of those who demands an immediate revert to the old style, but man. Don't take out 9/10 of the features that kept me here in the first place. WHY did you do that? Stupid *** decision.

I was in the middle of a big project. I have to put it on hold now, because it's impossible to find anything on your site any more, let alone in bulk.

- I can't find a way to search / browse mod authors any more. This is stupid.
- Searches I'm CERTAIN are cutting out 90% of results, and they never have multiple pages, which is freaking ridiculous. Even when I search the name verbatim, and I know for certain it's on your site because I have a link that redirects, it still filters out. (I'm guessing probably because of Twitch sync-ability). If I want to search for "stone" I want to SEE the 300+ mods you already have listed! Instead I get 10. Why can't I do this?
- Seriously. A default setting is not a big deal. BUT GIVE ME OPTIONS, make the initial choice for most your users, don't preemptively make them for me and make anything else impossible or a pain **********. Let me search by launcher, or author, or version, twitch-syc-ability, releases only, whatever. You HAD the ability to do half of those things already, and then you took it away.
- I have to click into minecraft every time I go into your site, and it defaults to modpacks. That's annoying. Maybe it's normal, but cookies with a good memory would be nice.

I'm sure I'll find other things that annoy me, but really: This is out of love. This is the ONLY site I can find that is good for this purpose, building modpacks and the like, especially without worries of malware, and abandoned-but-not-clear items, preying on kids playing a video game, etc. What you have is needed. Or what you had is needed, now it's pretty much gone for my purposes.

What do I have to do to get this heard, and answered, and fixed as fast as possible? I'm serious here.

10 votes
Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jason Nordin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jason Nordin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For what it's worth: I found the following error in the inspect window:

Uncaught Reference
    Error: _cc3613 is not defined at search?search=stone:1829

Not a web dev, but I'm guessing it's trying to show me page numbers, but all's I'm getting is the greyed-out 'prev page' left arrow on the far right. I'm sure that part's a bug.Points still stand, though, I think. Don't filter out my results without at least telling me how it's being filtered, and please give me an option to revert that. It needs an advanced search option.

Feedback and Knowledge Base