How can we improve game mods and CurseForge?

Allow for Files pages to be filtered by Minecraft Version again

On minecraft.curseforge.com there was a dropdown menu on the Files page that allowed users to filter the files by which Minecraft version they were for. Currently, we can only view them by the order in which they were updated, which is frustrating for mods that are maintained for multiple versions.

13 votes
Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

monsterpants shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  Adminhubglacier (Product Manager, Twitch) responded  · 

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

-CurseForge Team

2 comments

Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AstroTibs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just noticed that it's now part-way implemented.
    You can now drop-down filter by major or minor release version, but only after clicking "View All."
    Once it's on the default files page, it'll be perfect.

• AstroTibs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good god, this feature needs to come back.
    1.7.10 is five or six years obsolete but it is still a very popular version.

Now, not only do I have to painstaking navigate to Browse > Minecraft > Mods just to SEARCH for a particular mod, I now have to tediously scroll page-wise through a particular mod just to find the most recent release for 1.7.10.

It's been nearly ten minutes and I might have found what I'm looking for from Forestry.

A month ago I'd use the CurseForge top-of-page search bar: "Forestry"
    and then I'd use the drop-down: "1.7.10"
    Done.

Feedback and Knowledge Base