How can we improve game mods and CurseForge?

Re-Add the ability to change font sizes and add lines in the text editor.

Aside from just generally being horribly broken, the new UI update removed plenty of useful features from the text editor.

Support for different text sizes was removed, and the Header section is very broken, making it extremely difficult to organize pages.

Horizontal lines seem to also have been removed for seemingly no reason. Myself and many others used these lines to help organize pages.

18 votes
Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

PancakeIdentity shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  Adminhubglacier (Product Manager, Twitch) responded  · 

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

-CurseForge Team

5 comments

Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • WildCard_25 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding this as a new comment as the line endings keep getting messed up when trying to edit the existing message.

Thank you for adding back markdown as an option for editing the description and changelog again.
    If you could get it to save the markdown directly instead of html escaping characters, that would be awesome.

Example:
    markdown to save:
    <ul>
    <li>Update some default flight times</li>
    </ul>

what it looks like on the description/changelog page and the wysiwyg editor (when opened to edit again):
    <ul> <li>Update some default flight times</li> </ul>

what it now looks like back in the markdown editor:
    &lt;ul&gt;
    &lt;li&gt;Update some default flight times&lt;/li&gt;
    &lt;/ul&gt;

Workaround: after making changes in the markdown editor, change back to the WYSIWYG editor, then save.

Still has a bit to go.

I have 4 heading in one project. The even numbered headings look like they are correct, the odd numbered headings however are smaller than the body text. The first 3 headings have exactly the same settings, while the 4th is set to be slightly smaller. At least the text is the right colour now. So about 50% there now :-)

Bullet lists still have the same 3 problems.

Also - Bulleted lists
    [list]
    [*] they don't show in the editor
    [*] they do show on the descripton page (at change they didn't), however they don't indent correctly when wrapping.
    [*] they don't work on any of the screens showing the change logs
    [/list]

• kaamilj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Multiple features were broken. You can no longer colour text, nor can you underline a heading (doing so just makes the underlined text small again)
    And here I was going to ask for more formatting options before they updated, and now I find myself with even less when we already didn't have enough

Feedback and Knowledge Base