How can we improve game mods and CurseForge?

You can MASSIVELY improve CurseForge simply by making the project search show whether something is a mod or a modpack.

I just now went out of my way to join a Discord server and tried to ask someone whether their mod Technomancy Revamped had the same issue as another 1.12.2 port of the mod called Technomancy. After much confusion and irritation on both sides of the conversation, someone mentioned to me that Technomancy Revamped is a modPACK, not a mod. The CurseForge search results give absolutely no indication whatsoever as to whether a specific result is a mod, modpack, texture pack, or whatever else it could be. I just wasted thirty minutes barking completely up the wrong tree because of this.

14 votes
Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Alex shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  Adminhubglacier (Product Manager, Twitch) responded  · 

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

-CurseForge Team

2 comments

Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And persist our choice for version and sorting. A proper advanced search should:

Be able to select what's being sought (Modpack, mod, world, resourcepack ), category (cosmetic, magic), exclude mcreator mods (many crashes stand-alone servers), sorting, version

Results should show name, author, activity (comments, issues, modpack inclusions), creation and update date.

The mod pages should show, in addition to existing info, clientside (but won't hurt the server), both, only local (I.e. will crash the server due to using clientside API regardless of environment, e.g. mcreator mods), only serverside (i.e. doesn't require the client to have it installed for connecting to the server)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let us filter search by project type, so we don't have to sift through dozens of modpacks to find the mod we're looking for, for example.

Feedback and Knowledge Base