How can we improve game mods and CurseForge?

Curse Point export

Would be useful to be able to export information about curse points and transactions. Both as a record keeping measure and as a way to do data processing in excel on curse point data.

Should work via a simple export to .csv with optional time range input. Could be coded up as a database query on the backend to generate a data sheet. There are a few front end libraries that can do most of the work.

Additionally a raw JSON version of the data would be useful. As this could be downloaded and used separately. In addition to working well as input for a front end library to convert the data to a csv document.

5 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Robert Seifert shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Adminhubbarch (Admin, Twitch) responded  · 

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to suggest “Curse Point export”. We love seeing these amazing ideas from our community and appreciate your contribution. We’ve reviewed this request internally and, unfortunately, we will not be moving forward with it.

Thank you again for your submission,

-CurseForge Team

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Robert Seifert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any reason why? The data already exists in a way that is being sent to HTML for the front end. It would be a simple task to have an ajax call feed a JS plugin to generate csv. I do that at my day job as a software engineer for data sets far more massive than curse point transactions.

To be honest I will even take an ajax raw JSON dump to text file button. That way a lot of us developers do not have to keep writing HTML parsers to export our data to excel to view trends in points.

Feedback and Knowledge Base