How can we improve game mods and CurseForge?

Minimum Recommended RAM for MC Pack

A common issues with new users is not realizing that extra RAM is required for larger pack in Minecraft.

Suggestion is to be able to specify a minimum recommended RAM quantity as part of the pack profile metadata. Ideally, this then could be used by the client to nudge the user to boost their overall or specific pack settings, and equally warn if the pack is larger than their machine could handle (over 80% of RAM)

21 votes
Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

generrosity shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
declined  ·  Adminhubbarch (Admin, Twitch) responded  · 

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to suggest “Minimum Recommended RAM for MC Pack”. We love seeing these amazing ideas from our community and appreciate your contribution. We’ve reviewed this request internally and, unfortunately, we will not be moving forward with it.

Thank you again for your submission,

-CurseForge Team

3 comments

Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Robert Seifert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this for adding mod debug triggers such as "-Ddevelopment=true" for my test modpacks. As well disable my auto lib downloads and skip other tasks that I handle via run args.

• itsmeow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Profiles currently only have the option to customize RAM without having it be removed every time the game is launched, but custom arugments being appended when the instance is created would make it far easier to add custom garbage collector optimizations (G1GC, for example) which are VERY helpful for modpack performance.
    If this feature was added I wouldn't have to re-paste arguments every time I want to play the game.

Basically, saves both time and game performance.

Arguments I want to add:

-XX:+UseG1GC -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=2147483646 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:G1NewSizePercent=20 -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=32M

But instead I must paste this in a text document and repaste them in the mc launcher every time.

Feedback and Knowledge Base