How can we improve game mods and CurseForge?

offline mode modded minecraft

Couldn't play my modded minecraft in offline mode due to not having the most recent update and had no internet at the time. I already had modpacks installed and i couldnt even get to those.

20 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Admindbrew (Admin, Twitch) responded  · 

Hello!

Thank you for this suggestion, we are currently reviewing it. Please add any additional details you think would be helpful in the comments— we are listening!

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bored commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your offline mode is the absolute worst! Not only is it laggy in its operation taking minutes to even notice that yes I have mod packs installed. It then won’t even respond when clicking play on them half the time. The other half it simply says unable to verify Minecraft version. Here’s a clue it’s the version attached to the instance I’m trying to run! All your software has done is render offline mode into a cant play mode. A problem that didn’t exist until twitch took over. Needless to say I won’t buy a game on the service, and will look for ways to eliminate its use for modded Minecraft. Just as soon as I’m not doing this with a phone hotspot on a iPad during the worst snow storm in decades.

• enkryptor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The same problem. Twitch App starts in offline mode, there is "Mods" tab up there but it does not work. I couldn't use the launcher when the app was experiencing login problems. You could easily reproduce the issue - add a couple of Minecraft modpacks, start the app in the offline mode and try to launch Minecraft.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get that the online Twitch elements can't run with the desktop app in offline mode, but modded Minecraft runs entirely on it's own and is not dependant on the twitch app.
        All the twitch app does is set some startup parameters for the MC installation, then the MC launcher is started and you press to load the game yourself.

Problem obviously is when the Twitch desktop app has server issues, we're automatically kicked out of playing our modded MC as well, which makes no sense.
        Allow us to launch it in offline mode!

• Dr_Artemis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

100% there should be no reason a luncher can't work offline. I can load twitch offline, but for minecraft, because you download a fresh jar as a temp file per instance the minecraft launcher can't load without an internet connection.

Feedback and Knowledge Base