Game Mods & CurseForge

Bug Report? File here → https://support.curseforge.com

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Give us the ability to search the "issues" portion of minecraft mod packs.

Currently we can view the issues page for mod packs to see bugs/feedback reported there. We can toggle to view by tags or status (open/closed) but we cannot perform any simple search in this section. Being able to search would allow us to determine if an issue has already been reported/addressed.

Sample page: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/project-ozone-3-a-new-way-forward/issues

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

-CurseForge Team

2. Followed modpacks show in launcher

Would be cool if the client tracks modpacks that I follow and allowed me to quick install. This way I do not have to search for modpacks each time I use a new/different computer.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

-CurseForge Team

3. Enable the browsing of our favorites.

While the ability to favorite a project is seemingly functional, you are currently unable to browse the filles that you have favorited.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

4. Expose Versioning for each Mod.

Allow a mod authors to have a version field for their own mod. This way, users can check if they have the latest file from a quick glance.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Project Image Requirements

Why are project images required to be 1:1. I spent more time getting this image than the rest of the project upload process.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6. Increase the height of the notifications menu

As seen here, it only shows like one notification without scrolling: https://i.imgur.com/eOl9D77.png

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Display more Minecraft file versions on the side panel than just the three most recent versions.

When I first started using CurseForge, the right-hand panel showed the most recent download for EVERY major Minecraft release version, rather than just the three most recent versions.

Since my suggestion to allow file upload notification subscriptions on a per-version basis was rejected, and version filtering in the Files section is not fully implemented, this is the only feasible way for players of particular versions to easily see new uploads for their version of choice.

The three most recent Minecraft versions aren't even the most popular, so it makes sense to show a file download for all versions. Three is…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make alpha versions actually show in Recent Files.

It looks like the last updated time does include alpha versions of project files, but there doesn't seem to be a way to get them to show up in order to select an alpha version for details or download. This is probably why several addon projects have recent update times, but all available files (which does include beta versions) are days old.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

9. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

10. Notifications need to be separated better.

Currently the Notifications page in the rework has no boxing on day or the notification itself. It looks like a hot mess and things don't match up.

Separating out each comment inside a box would be great.

Adding status icons for project changes (Like a red X for a reject and a green check mark for an approval) would be good improvement.

Making "X added a comment to X" and "X replied to your comment on X" match would be ideal...

https://i.imgur.com/2WogsEN.png <-- example of issues.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

11. Being able to customize the banner at the top of a project page.

Being able to customize the banner at the top of a project page would give us authors more control over our projects.

Though this banner shows that it's Minecraft related, you could most likely put what game the project is related to in the About Project section.

Example: https://i.imgur.com/mO3tilH.png (being able to customize the minecraft banner at the top)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

12. Escape URLs in maven repository redirects

For projects with spaces in the name, the maven API website is sending a 302 redirect, and it is including the space in the location header of the HTTP response. It should be escaping the spaces in the response.

This means that gradle can't use mods with spaces in their name. For example, if I put this in my build.gradle:
    deobfProvided "v0ids-smart-backpacks:V0id's Smart Backpacks:1.0.6"

Gradle gets the redirect:
    15:46:41.075 [DEBUG] [org.gradle.internal.resource.transport.http.AlwaysRedirectRedirectStrategy] Redirect requested to location 'https://edge.forgecdn.net/files/2618/300/V0id's Smart Backpacks-1.0.6.jar'

But the URL is invalid, and it can't resolve it:
    java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in path at index 47: https://edge.forgecdn.net/files/2618/300/V0id's Smart Backpacks-1.0.6.jar

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

13. Additional Category Suggestions

I would like to request a few new categories on the Minecraft Mod section.

- Modpack Utility - This category would be for mods that are specifically designed for customizing modpacks. Things like Custom Main Menu, Game Stages, and CraftTweaker would belong in this category.
    - Minigame/Gamemode - This category would be for mods that add a new way to play the game, or games within the main game. An example of this would be the Waiting Time mod and Modded Bingo.
    - GameStages - This category would be for mods that expand upon the functionality of Game Stages. It…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

14. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

15. Don't show delete comments in notifications

When a comment is deleted on a mod it still shows in notifications. This can make it annoying to check in on user interaction with mods. As the comment still shows, can be clicked, and gives the impression that it exists. However, when clicked it will load the page but not go to the comment section. My suggestion is to either not show the comment in notifications or show the comment in a deleted state.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments!

16. Pressing delete on installed mods gives no feedback

Something that makes or breaks an app like Twitch - specifically in the game mod area - is tactility, and to me, it seems like with a recent update quite a bit of that has been lost.

While I'm asking specifically for the 'delete' button to be polished up a bit to possibly change into a loading spinner and then another icon if the deletion has failed (since at the moment literally nothing happens even if the delete actually worked), I think a lot more things in the same regard need a look at in terms of polishing.

I really…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments!

17. Twitch sub button on other parts of the Twitch app.

The new experimental sub button is only on the expanded info page for a mod. While I can't speak for every user, I feel like most users download their mods from the search list rather than the expanded info page. The reasoning for this is that it is quicker to download mods you are already familiar with that way, and there is no clear indication that an expanded info page exists from the search page.

In my experience with the twitch app I only view the expanded info page if it is for a mod I am not familiar with.…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Minecraft: Where are the resource packs and version selectors on the client now?

I can't seem to find the version for minecraft to select and I can't find the resource packs to download when I do download a modpack. Where did they go and how do I get them back?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Stop approving Projects that have so poor infos

A while ago when I started making mods and tried to publish my first mod it was rejected, because the description was not exaustive at all.
    Now I see projects with one single row in the description get approved.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

20. Add a Like/Dislike button to vote mods.

Add a Like/Dislike button to vote mods. Popularity will increase with Likes while will decrease with Dislikes. This will be really useful to tell easier which mods / modpacks are bad.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

• Don't see your idea?

Game Mods & CurseForge

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base