Game Mods & CurseForge

Bug Report? File here → https://support.curseforge.com

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Where is the "add to favorite" functionality?

I simply can't see where the add/remove favorite addon functionality has gone on the new website?

And please please change it to a simply list of favorite addons, instead of having me browsing 13 pages of oversized addon entries.

11 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

-CurseForge Team

2. Fixes to Subscribtions/Favorites page (restoring old functionality)

The old UI had actual functionality:
    1) Allow sorting of the AddOns/Projects I'm following (name/date updated/category/etc...)
    2) A download button would be nice to see back, so I don't have to click through every individual addOn page.
    3) Allow to display the items in a list, the tile display is less then ideal.
    4) Display game version of the latest update

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

-CurseForge Team

3. Author Project Filter by type

Would be nice to have a way to filter by type on the author project page https://minecraft.curseforge.com/dashboard/projects as it can be a pain once you get over a set number of projects. Mainly looking for a way to search for mods or modpacks. As well exclude unsubmitted and deleted projects.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

4. Add ability to download packs in client.

It would be very useful to have a way to download a modpack (or even a mod) to the Twitch client, directly from the website. This could take the form of a button on the wesbite that says "Download in Twitch client", and clicking this button would communicate with the Twitch client and prompt the download to happen.

Ideally, this feature would be handled by registering the Twitch app to handle a custom URI scheme. Microsoft has some more information on that here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/internet-explorer/ie-developer/platform-apis/aa767914(v=vs.85)

I believe the above approach would be ideal because it greatly streamlines the process for the…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Thank you for this suggestion, we are currently reviewing it. Please add any additional details you think would be helpful in the comments— we are listening!

5. Backward search starting with mod

Hey there,
    can you add a backward-search to the website, where I can select specific mods and the site tells me which modpacks contain these mods?

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

Thank you for this suggestion, we are currently reviewing it. Please add any additional details you think would be helpful in the comments— we are listening!

6. Please re-add the navigation buttons and descriptions to images when you click on them

It's really annoying to have to close the full view of an image just to move to the next one, it'd be far easier to have navigation buttons on the sides, and the description of the image under it, kinda how it used to be on the old site.

Better yet, just re-enable the old site and stop forcing a ****** UI on people that literally no-one ******* wanted! Thanks!

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

7. 9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

8. Show the version number of the add-on on it's main page. (It used to be that way!)

Show the version number of the add-on on it's main page. (It used to be that way!)

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

10. Comments in emails

After the latest site update emails have shift to only saying "You have comments on project [Name]" rather than how it use to show a highlight of the comments. This has made it difficult to know if I need to answer right away or if it can wait until later. I would prefer if I could see the comments again in the email.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

11. Collapse comment replies

I'm looking through the read-only version of the new site releasing today (Jun-26-2019) and I realized it can be a bit painful to scroll through the comments. This is likely an issue with the old site as well. My idea to improve this slightly is to collapse reply chains by default and have an option to expand for those that want to see the replies.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

12. Add a datapack category for Minecraft

Datapacks have been around for years now and as curseforge is the main place to download them I'm chocked how there still isn't a category! Currently they are mixed with mod configurations which don't have any similarities at all. Please add a datapack category the same way as mods, modpacks, resourcepacks etc

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

13. A working REFRESH button would be nice

Currently, clicking the REFRESH button does nothing. The button is not animated in any way to show it is doing anything, and if it does, that is nothing.

I have to actually EXIT the program, launch it again to find new mods that have updates.

eg: I had 2 mods that showed updates available.
    Hit refresh, still 2 mods. Hit refresh, still 2 mods.
    QUIT PROGRAM and start it again, now shows FIVE (5) mods that have updates.

OLD version worked beautifully. You could click 'refresh' and it worked. You could keep things sorted that mods which have updates are…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments!

14. Share to social media button

Would be cool to have a button that allows sharing to common social media platforms. This would help users promote mods they enjoy and drive more traffic to the site/mod. Main target could be twitter, discord, and reddit. As these are very common for sharing mods.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

15. "Related Projects" section on curseforge pages. (minecraft.curseforge, mainly)

Like you see on the Google Play store, for example.

Use cases I want to use it for: (In my case, mostly with mods)

- Commonly viewed/downloaded together. (Would cover a really all of these, but more specifically:)
    - Mods that do the same thing. Categories aren't quite specific enough, and even if I search for it it's still really common that I find a post on something super common on reddit, for example, for something I *specifically* looked for on curse and it didn't come up. This is frustrating.
    - Parent/Children mods. Different from dependants; dependants are only reliable…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Review  ·  affoste responded

16. Translations contributions

I would like the Localization-Tab from the WoW-Curseforge on the Minecraft Curseforge

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17. Increase the size of the change log box.

The current size of the change log scroll box of 9 lines if way too limiting and needs to be increased, preferably the scroll box should be dynamically sized with the webpage.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

18. Please bring back wow.curseforge.com/addons

going to wow.curseforge.com/addons now returns:
    Module Disabled
    We're sorry, but this module is currently disabled. Please contact a site admin if this has been done in error. Site admins can enable modules under Site Configuration - General Settings in the Control Panel.

wow.curseforge.com/addons was much easier to navigate and to find latest release, beta, & alpha versions (than on www.curseforge.com/wow/addons).

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

19. Default page on user profiles should be Projects not Followers

I don't really want random user profiles showing up here, it seems to make sense that the user who's profile your on's content is displayed.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

20. 5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

• Don't see your idea?

Game Mods & CurseForge

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base