Game Mods & CurseForge

Bug Report? File here → https://support.curseforge.com

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. CurseForge search results pages need Previous/Next buttons

The new webpage search results only shows the first page of hits on a search. Some addons have a TON of related stuff that needs to be displayed. For example HandyNotes has WAY more plugins and related addons than the 20 that are displayed. This suggestion/question was posted earlier and was then closed with a notification that it had been implemented. IT HAS NOT!!!

There are STILL no Next/Previous buttons on the Search Results pages!! It still only shows the first 20 hits and that's ALL!!! For example:https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/search?category=&search=handynotes

Please add the Previous/Next buttons you said you did.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

2. Show multiple versions in the files list

As you can see in this screenshot, only the mod loader is shown and not a single version! https://i.imgur.com/24T8rng.png

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

3. BUG: Context menus don't display properly

In the client, context menus should be toplevel so that they are displayed over over elements. (Outlined in Red)
    Sub menus should open to the right if there is enough room for them ie. where the arrow is. (Outlined in Yellow)
    https://i.imgur.com/zHoEYSV.png

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4. Increase the height of the notifications menu

As seen here, it only shows like one notification without scrolling: https://i.imgur.com/eOl9D77.png

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Need a specific search option for project ID

I think Curse Forge should add search option for project ID. It will be more specific and easier for the one who search for project ID,not the name

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6. Display more Minecraft file versions on the side panel than just the three most recent versions.

When I first started using CurseForge, the right-hand panel showed the most recent download for EVERY major Minecraft release version, rather than just the three most recent versions.

Since my suggestion to allow file upload notification subscriptions on a per-version basis was rejected, and version filtering in the Files section is not fully implemented, this is the only feasible way for players of particular versions to easily see new uploads for their version of choice.

The three most recent Minecraft versions aren't even the most popular, so it makes sense to show a file download for all versions. Three is…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Twitch app client / Minecraft modpack version filter

Where is the filter gone to select what version of Minecraft should be shown in the mudpack list. Its horrible to find packs for as example the newest version of Minecraft with out such a field.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

8. Private Pack Filter

Lately there seems to be an influx of "Private Packs". These packs are intended for use on a private server and they tend not to offer public support, bug reporting, etc. It also seems very odd to put something private in a public space.

I would like a way to filter those out while searching for packs to play.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

9. Cannot set issues/source for wowace addons

I create a new addon and try to set it issues and source settings how it just shows

Not found
    We were unable to find the page or file you were looking for.

Please fix this issue as soon as possible

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

10. Need a Customization sub-category for Minecraft Datapacks

CurseForge Minecraft needs a category for Minecraft datapacks, probably under Customization. They are a lot like Resource Packs, but provide logical-server-side customization of recipes, advancements, loot tables, tags, etc. for vanilla Minecraft 1.13/1.14+. PlanetMinecraft hosts them as a sub-category of mods, which is a bit odd in my opinion; you don't appear to host them at all.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

11. Comments in emails

After the latest site update emails have shift to only saying "You have comments on project [Name]" rather than how it use to show a highlight of the comments. This has made it difficult to know if I need to answer right away or if it can wait until later. I would prefer if I could see the comments again in the email.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

12. Make alpha versions actually show in Recent Files.

It looks like the last updated time does include alpha versions of project files, but there doesn't seem to be a way to get them to show up in order to select an alpha version for details or download. This is probably why several addon projects have recent update times, but all available files (which does include beta versions) are days old.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

13. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

14. Please re-add the navigation buttons and descriptions to images when you click on them

It's really annoying to have to close the full view of an image just to move to the next one, it'd be far easier to have navigation buttons on the sides, and the description of the image under it, kinda how it used to be on the old site.

Better yet, just re-enable the old site and stop forcing a ****** UI on people that literally no-one ******* wanted! Thanks!

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

15. Changelog needs to be available on the project site

Changelog is not visible on project site any more, so to check all changes on mods I ahve to read them on the app.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

16. New Site Lay-Out Design Needs Some Help

The new website has some issues that really should be looked into. I made a bug report already and I know a whole new launch of a site is a "great thing" and I'm sure hard work went into it but these are just some further general thoughts that really should be considered:

1) You have way to much white in my honest opinion. It is actually blinding. The contrast is just all off. Having a "Dark Theme" like you do on all the Twitch things I'm sure is something being worked on but maybe doing something about the sheer…

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

17. Where is the "add to favorite" functionality?

I simply can't see where the add/remove favorite addon functionality has gone on the new website?

And please please change it to a simply list of favorite addons, instead of having me browsing 13 pages of oversized addon entries.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

18. Popup on projects for when they won't sync to the client like when making a new project mentions you need a file.

Currently there is no way for a user or dev to know that the project they just made/found will not show up on the launcher ever due to some limited circumstances.

These circumstances should be made aware to people and be clearly pointed out in a popup like what happens when you make a new project with no files.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

19. Increase the size of the change log box.

The current size of the change log scroll box of 9 lines if way too limiting and needs to be increased, preferably the scroll box should be dynamically sized with the webpage.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

20. Localization has a number of features broken with the June 2019 update

"Add Phrase" just clears the right-hand pane and leaves it blank

"Edit Phrase" just clears the right-hand pane and leaves it blank

Revision history shows the latest revision's text and then repeats that same text for every other revision.

Changing the localized text and pressing "Save" breaks the Phrase Key button for that text in the left-hand pane

There could be more, but I haven't needed to try to use them yet.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base