Game Mods & CurseForge

Bug Report? File here → https://support.curseforge.com

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shader

Add a shaders section please. A lot of devs are following me over to curseforge after the death of mc forums

14 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

-CurseForge Team

2. 9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

-CurseForge Team

3. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

4. New MC Version and fabric.

1) Please add MC 1.14.1 as a game version.

2)Please add fabric mods as a search filter.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We already have MC 1.14.1 as a game version. As for fabric mod filter, we are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments!

5. Last Updated times for mods are not consistent

On curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods the "Last Updated" field that it sorts by is not the same field it displays in the list. So, you'll have the most recently updated mod at the top, and it might say, "Last Updated: 5 days ago", and the one below it will say "Last Updated: 1 hour ago". If you navigate to the mod's overview page, you can often see one "Last Updated" time under the mod's name and another, different updated time on the sidebar to the right.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments!

6. Update the "Support Game Versions" dropdown for addons

When creating a new addon project, the drop-down menu used to specify the game version the add-on supports only has Minecraft 1.7 and below. The game is currently on 1.12 (which is in beta but is the most active version for add-ons)

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments!

7. Minecraft version filter not working

When selecting version 1.13.2 for Minecraft and filtering, Mods without versions for 1.13.2 are listed.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add sorting ability to a mod dependents view

As exemple:
    I want to find modpacks with Thermal Exmapsion mod, I can find TE mod, open Dependents view ( https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/thermalexpansion/relations/dependents ) and all that I can see a list of 300+ sorted by alpha mods and modpacks.
    It will be really helpful to add ability to sort them by populatity too. Ideally the same ability as in the main search page.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Don't show delete comments in notifications

When a comment is deleted on a mod it still shows in notifications. This can make it annoying to check in on user interaction with mods. As the comment still shows, can be clicked, and gives the impression that it exists. However, when clicked it will load the page but not go to the comment section. My suggestion is to either not show the comment in notifications or show the comment in a deleted state.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Do not treat Japanese comments as spam.

I made a mod,and I submitted it to CurseForge.
    After, I set its Primary Language as JAPANESE.(because I am Japanese)

But my Japanese friend, he send the comment to its page, the comment is treat as spam immediately.

It is not good.please change settings.

35 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

11. Pressing delete on installed mods gives no feedback

Something that makes or breaks an app like Twitch - specifically in the game mod area - is tactility, and to me, it seems like with a recent update quite a bit of that has been lost.

While I'm asking specifically for the 'delete' button to be polished up a bit to possibly change into a loading spinner and then another icon if the deletion has failed (since at the moment literally nothing happens even if the delete actually worked), I think a lot more things in the same regard need a look at in terms of polishing.

I really…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12. Retain "Get More Content" filter when returning from mod page

When browsing the list of mods found under "Get More Content" I often search specific lists using searches or category filters and click on mods to view the information about them.
    It would be great to not have to start from the very top with no filters again after viewing the mods details.

I swear this was how it used to work before some update that happened...

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Twitch sub button on other parts of the Twitch app.

The new experimental sub button is only on the expanded info page for a mod. While I can't speak for every user, I feel like most users download their mods from the search list rather than the expanded info page. The reasoning for this is that it is quicker to download mods you are already familiar with that way, and there is no clear indication that an expanded info page exists from the search page.

In my experience with the twitch app I only view the expanded info page if it is for a mod I am not familiar with.…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Minecraft: Where are the resource packs and version selectors on the client now?

I can't seem to find the version for minecraft to select and I can't find the resource packs to download when I do download a modpack. Where did they go and how do I get them back?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. A working REFRESH button would be nice

Currently, clicking the REFRESH button does nothing. The button is not animated in any way to show it is doing anything, and if it does, that is nothing.

I have to actually EXIT the program, launch it again to find new mods that have updates.

eg: I had 2 mods that showed updates available.
    Hit refresh, still 2 mods. Hit refresh, still 2 mods.
    QUIT PROGRAM and start it again, now shows FIVE (5) mods that have updates.

OLD version worked beautifully. You could click 'refresh' and it worked. You could keep things sorted that mods which have updates are…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16. Please write a 302 redirect to send 404's from /server-mods/ to /projects/

Last year the content from /server-mods/ was reassigned to /projects/ and broke thousands and thousands of links on resource pages.

Instead of waiting for us to contact the author of each plugin and ask them to overhaul each Wiki and resource page, can you write a 302 redirect to redirect requests for everyone automatically? They'r always used in this situation, it just looks like someone forgot. : ( It happens

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Give the modpack owners/authers to change modpack logo

would be cool for the modpack owners/auther to be able too change the logo of the modpacks on twitch, if they wan't it more personal or don't like the one they have, instead of feeling forced to only use one type.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18. Idea for Minecraft Mods section

So for 1.13 and higher now, there is a few different ways for mods. Theres Forge we all know and love, and there is now Rift, and Fabric, and who knows what else to come. So my idea is, you know where you can select your MC version 1.13, 1.13.1, 1.13.2, etc. Perhaps add a section there that says 1.13.2 Forge, and 1.13.2 Rift so people can browse by forge mods for 1.13.2, and Rift mods for 1.13.2. This may help people browsing for mods, because if they dont read the mod file, they may not know that the mod…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

19. API access to csv data

Right now we can export projects via csv 1 at at time. For developer like myself with 60 projects this is very inefficient and requires automation to get down quickly. What me and several other developers would like is an API driven way to access the data exported. This way we can feed it into other tools and software directly. As well integrate it with our sites for the projects.

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

20. On the authors dashboard, allow to downloading all statistics at once.

Since we can now download statistics per project, it would be nice not to have to go through multiple pages of projects to download all of the data.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

• Don't see your idea?

Game Mods & CurseForge

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base