Game Mods & CurseForge

Bug Report? File here → https://support.curseforge.com

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notifications need to be separated better.

Currently the Notifications page in the rework has no boxing on day or the notification itself. It looks like a hot mess and things don't match up.

Separating out each comment inside a box would be great.

Adding status icons for project changes (Like a red X for a reject and a green check mark for an approval) would be good improvement.

Making "X added a comment to X" and "X replied to your comment on X" match would be ideal...

https://i.imgur.com/2WogsEN.png <-- example of issues.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

-CurseForge Team

2. Allow for Files pages to be filtered by Minecraft Version again

On minecraft.curseforge.com there was a dropdown menu on the Files page that allowed users to filter the files by which Minecraft version they were for. Currently, we can only view them by the order in which they were updated, which is frustrating for mods that are maintained for multiple versions.

33 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

-CurseForge Team

3. Add a search bar back to the header.

On minecraft.curseforge.com there was a search bar in the header that allowed me to search for content by name/keyword directly from any page on the site. I used it all the time, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. As of now, it's easier to just google the mod and find it that way than to try and search it internally.

37 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

4. Being able to customize the banner at the top of a project page.

Being able to customize the banner at the top of a project page would give us authors more control over our projects.

Though this banner shows that it's Minecraft related, you could most likely put what game the project is related to in the About Project section.

Example: https://i.imgur.com/mO3tilH.png (being able to customize the minecraft banner at the top)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

5. Fixes to Subscribtions/Favorites page (restoring old functionality)

The old UI had actual functionality:
    1) Allow sorting of the AddOns/Projects I'm following (name/date updated/category/etc...)
    2) A download button would be nice to see back, so I don't have to click through every individual addOn page.
    3) Allow to display the items in a list, the tile display is less then ideal.
    4) Display game version of the latest update

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

6. Unable to set font size or text colour

I am unable to set custom text sizes and colours within the addon description text of my project page. Please restore this functionality.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

7. Re-Add the ability to change font sizes and add lines in the text editor.

Aside from just generally being horribly broken, the new UI update removed plenty of useful features from the text editor.

Support for different text sizes was removed, and the Header section is very broken, making it extremely difficult to organize pages.

Horizontal lines seem to also have been removed for seemingly no reason. Myself and many others used these lines to help organize pages.

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

8. Please bring back wow.curseforge.com/addons

going to wow.curseforge.com/addons now returns:
    Module Disabled
    We're sorry, but this module is currently disabled. Please contact a site admin if this has been done in error. Site admins can enable modules under Site Configuration - General Settings in the Control Panel.

wow.curseforge.com/addons was much easier to navigate and to find latest release, beta, & alpha versions (than on www.curseforge.com/wow/addons).

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

9. Arrow Keys for Screenshots page

Under the "Mod Name"> Screenshots page, I can't use the arrow keys to view the screenshots in sequence.

On the minecraft.curseforge.com it was working (Firefox & Chrome).

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

10. Multiple category selection

Allow users to select multiple categories to filter by, perhaps with check boxes

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

11. Default page on user profiles should be Projects not Followers

I don't really want random user profiles showing up here, it seems to make sense that the user who's profile your on's content is displayed.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

12. 5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

13. Comment User Metadata

Would be very useful if the user could post metadata when submitting comments to a project. Such as which version of the game, mod, and comment category (feedback, suggestion, issue, question) they are posting. This would give other users a better understanding if a complaint or feedback is based on the current or old version of a mod.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

14. Collapse comment replies

I'm looking through the read-only version of the new site releasing today (Jun-26-2019) and I realized it can be a bit painful to scroll through the comments. This is likely an issue with the old site as well. My idea to improve this slightly is to collapse reply chains by default and have an option to expand for those that want to see the replies.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

15. Escape URLs in maven repository redirects

For projects with spaces in the name, the maven API website is sending a 302 redirect, and it is including the space in the location header of the HTTP response. It should be escaping the spaces in the response.

This means that gradle can't use mods with spaces in their name. For example, if I put this in my build.gradle:
    deobfProvided "v0ids-smart-backpacks:V0id's Smart Backpacks:1.0.6"

Gradle gets the redirect:
    15:46:41.075 [DEBUG] [org.gradle.internal.resource.transport.http.AlwaysRedirectRedirectStrategy] Redirect requested to location 'https://edge.forgecdn.net/files/2618/300/V0id's Smart Backpacks-1.0.6.jar'

But the URL is invalid, and it can't resolve it:
    java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in path at index 47: https://edge.forgecdn.net/files/2618/300/V0id's Smart Backpacks-1.0.6.jar

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

16. Additional Category Suggestions

I would like to request a few new categories on the Minecraft Mod section.

- Modpack Utility - This category would be for mods that are specifically designed for customizing modpacks. Things like Custom Main Menu, Game Stages, and CraftTweaker would belong in this category.
    - Minigame/Gamemode - This category would be for mods that add a new way to play the game, or games within the main game. An example of this would be the Waiting Time mod and Modded Bingo.
    - GameStages - This category would be for mods that expand upon the functionality of Game Stages. It…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

17. exclude by category

Ability to exclude by category when searching for mods. This is mainly needed as a way to hide fabric mods on 1.14 when searching for forge 1.14 based mods.

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

18. The 'file' tab for all plugin projects doesn't seem to be working...

I'm trying to download older versions of plugins for my 1.8.8 factions server, but whenever I try and access the 'file' section of the plugin (where you are meant to find the other versions of the plugin), the website gives me an error and states:

"Internal Server Error
    An internal server error has occurred. Please try again later. If the error continues please reach out to support."

Pls fix? :)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

19. Add a datapack category for Minecraft

Datapacks have been around for years now and as curseforge is the main place to download them I'm chocked how there still isn't a category! Currently they are mixed with mod configurations which don't have any similarities at all. Please add a datapack category the same way as mods, modpacks, resourcepacks etc

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

20. When searching, it would be nice to add a filter for the mod loaders

For example, we have the current options
    Sort By: [Date Created, Last Updated, Name, Popularity, Total Downloads]
    Game Version: [1.14.2, 1.13.2, ...]

It would be nice to add the following:
    Mod Loader: [Forge, Fabric (1.14.x), Rift (1.13.x)] or [Forge, Other]

This would be greatly appreciated.
    You could simply add a checkbox when uploading mods to the site to signify that the mod is not a forge mod.

29 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

• Don't see your idea?

Game Mods & CurseForge

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base