Game Mods & CurseForge

Bug Report? File here → https://support.curseforge.com

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Persist game version in addon filter

When going through WoW addons, the game version resets every time I select a new category. Please have the site remember the game version I'm selecting so I don't have to scroll down to the bottom of the list to find WoW Classic compatible mods.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can find an addon via the website, but using the same exact search terms will show no results in the App. Launcher

Allow addon's found via the website search functions to also work via the App Launcher search functions. Currently I am able to find addon's via the website for WoW, but unable to find them using the exact name of the addon using the App. When I click on Install via the website, all it does is open the App launcher, and nothing happens. No automatic download & unable to find the same addon using the launcher. It acts as if there is a totally separate database. Really upset about the Curse/Twitch partnership as it seems to have been a really…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Share codes for projects.

Currently with CF there is many packs made for servers, friends and "private" use. Many of these packs don't really need to be listed in the modpack listing. In the first 3 pages about 30% of the projects listed are of this kind. (when this was posted) Removing most of these kinds of packs will improve the searching for packs to play along with help people who make modpacks get their pack out there.

The current way to share packs outside of a public listing on CF is to export and host the export somewhere. Then link your users to…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add full markdown support

Add full markdown support for things like descriptions and more

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. ticket notification

when we send a ticket we should get a notification if the ticket got sent,i been waiting for a ticket and i dont know if it got sent and i dont wanna spam.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow the user to change file getting uploaded.

Currently when uploading a file if you pick the wrong file or need to do a quick fix you forgot about the file can't be changed.

It would be nice to have the ability to change the file instead of losing everything and needing to start over.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Return the website layout to pre twitch days

You absolutely ruined this website.

The design is atrocious, it was never amazing but how did you manage to make it worse?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Cleanup "Addons" and "Customization" for Minecraft.

Currently these are both vague and confusing. The only thing that might determine where something ends up is the sub-categories. These don't sub-categories don't cover Data packs thus they end up in both areas.

Vanilla related things like Loot Tables, Data packs, Resource packs, Worlds and such should all be in one area on its own.
    The modded options should also be totally separate.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Put the download links back. This is anti-competetive behavior by Twitch.

On the minecraft modpack's pages there is no direct download link, and if you click on files tab, there still is no download link next to the current pack's version, or ANY of the pack's versions, you have to click on the current pack's file link AGAIN to get to a download URL or click specifically on the bottom right file link in the modpack page.

There should be a direct download link from the main modpack page, or a link to a downloads page labeled. Right now it seems it is deliberately buried and obfuscated to make it more…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. CurseForge search results pages need Previous/Next buttons

The new webpage search results only shows the first page of hits on a search. Some addons have a TON of related stuff that needs to be displayed. For example HandyNotes has WAY more plugins and related addons than the 20 that are displayed. This suggestion/question was posted earlier and was then closed with a notification that it had been implemented. IT HAS NOT!!!

There are STILL no Next/Previous buttons on the Search Results pages!! It still only shows the first 20 hits and that's ALL!!! For example:https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/search?category=&search=handynotes

Please add the Previous/Next buttons you said you did.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

11. Poor Site Maintenance

Please try to maintain the site better. You seemed to be focused more on making a ridiculous looking site than actually keeping a functional platform. There are a lot of usability issues with this site that have yet to be addressed, and more problems seem to be appearing. You still have not fixed deleting comments despite it being well over a week since last reporting it (may have been known long before). Now uploading files (a critical function of your website!) seems to not be working (it literally just says "Error: error"). Someone else reported an issue of having the…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. File Seperation

Seeing as you have now added an option to select the modloader when uploading a file please add something like this https://i.imgur.com/YL3joY7.png

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support authentication methods different from Twitch

Hello,

I realize that CurseForge is now essentially owned by Twitch, however I would like to share a story that removed a small part of this day's awesomeness for me, while it might have not, had authentication avoiding Twitch been available.

Planning to submit some content to CurseForge, I found out that I have to create a Twitch account to proceed. During that process, I was somewhat shocked by how the form only wanted my password once, but I've only considered that a very minor UX violation of not meeting the user's expectations.

I have thus proceeded, inputting my nickname,…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Don't show modloaders as a version on the table display

If I select "Forge" as a supported modloader for a file, it gets displayed as the main "Game Version", which is not correct.
    See here: https://imgur.com/a/LrXaqNF

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Support multiple mod loaders to be tagged on one file

Some mods have decided to ship Fabric and Forge mods in the same jar. Unfortunately, your new mod loader flagging system on files doesn't support this, as you can only pick one.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Show multiple versions in the files list

As you can see in this screenshot, only the mod loader is shown and not a single version! https://i.imgur.com/24T8rng.png

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

17. Filter by multiple game versions or mod loaders

Right now you can only select one game version OR a mod loader from the dropdown, but what if you want only 1.14.4 Forge mods? or mods for 1.14.4 and 1.14.3, but not all of 1.14.x

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. SUPPORT CRACKED

SUPPORT CRACKED MINECRAFT WHAT IF A KID WANTED TO PLAY
    WITH SOME MINECRAFT MODS AND HE DININT FIND ANY SITE THAT
    WOULD LET HIM PLAY MODPACKS AND U MADE IT ONLY FOR PPL WITH AN ACUAL MINECRAFT ACCOUNT MAKING YOU B5ITSHS

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?