Game Mods & CurseForge

Bug Report? File here → https://support.curse.com/hc/en-us

How can we improve game mods and CurseForge?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. exclude by category

Ability to exclude by category when searching for mods. This is mainly needed as a way to hide fabric mods on 1.14 when searching for forge 1.14 based mods.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The 'file' tab for all plugin projects doesn't seem to be working...

I'm trying to download older versions of plugins for my 1.8.8 factions server, but whenever I try and access the 'file' section of the plugin (where you are meant to find the other versions of the plugin), the website gives me an error and states:

"Internal Server Error
    An internal server error has occurred. Please try again later. If the error continues please reach out to support."

Pls fix? :)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I don't certify even after one day.

I don't certify even after one day...
    Please let me approve mod soon. It seems that there are other people. Is it maintenance?
    https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/japanese-localization-patch
    It is a mod that only makes Japanese.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Search modpack by containing mods

I like your project, it makes it easy to load, use and organize modpack and also all the information, even for server installation its great. But what i am actually missing is a function to filter modpacks by its contained mods. So for example would like to play a couple of mods, but want to access an already optimized bundle what modpacks offer in general. So for example i like open computers and immersive engineering. I would like to find all modpacks you support which contain these mods, this would be awesome. Another thing what i would enjoy in addition…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. New MC Version and fabric.

1) Please add MC 1.14.1 as a game version.

2)Please add fabric mods as a search filter.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We already have MC 1.14.1 as a game version. As for fabric mod filter, we are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments!

6. Download Latest File button does not respect the Game Version filter

If you go to a project's "files" page, and filter by Game Version, the Download Latest File button should download the latest file available for that filtered list.

Specifically if I go to (https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/autofish/files) and filter by Game Version: 1.14, only one file appears, which is a Release-flagged file. Hitting the Download Latest File button still downloads a file for a different version. Also, in that specific instance, the file it downloads isn't even the latest Release version overall.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The Download Latest File button does not download the latest file flagged as Release

Specifically, on the project autofish (https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/autofish/files), using the Download Latest File button is downloading a file that is not the most recently uploaded file flagged as Release. It is downloading file ID:2699339, which is the third most recent Release file. It should be downloading file ID:2708684.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Last Updated times for mods are not consistent

On curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods the "Last Updated" field that it sorts by is not the same field it displays in the list. So, you'll have the most recently updated mod at the top, and it might say, "Last Updated: 5 days ago", and the one below it will say "Last Updated: 1 hour ago". If you navigate to the mod's overview page, you can often see one "Last Updated" time under the mod's name and another, different updated time on the sidebar to the right.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments!

9. Update the "Support Game Versions" dropdown for addons

When creating a new addon project, the drop-down menu used to specify the game version the add-on supports only has Minecraft 1.7 and below. The game is currently on 1.12 (which is in beta but is the most active version for add-ons)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments!

10. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Minecraft version filter not working

When selecting version 1.13.2 for Minecraft and filtering, Mods without versions for 1.13.2 are listed.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add sorting ability to a mod dependents view

As exemple:
    I want to find modpacks with Thermal Exmapsion mod, I can find TE mod, open Dependents view ( https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/thermalexpansion/relations/dependents ) and all that I can see a list of 300+ sorted by alpha mods and modpacks.
    It will be really helpful to add ability to sort them by populatity too. Ideally the same ability as in the main search page.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Not having to wait over a day and more for your mod pack to be accepted.

I am currently waiting for my mod pack to be accepted it's been over a day now and still no response this is driving me insane and I am furious as to why it's taking so long.

I want it so that you only have to wait a few hours at tops not over day or many days.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Don't show delete comments in notifications

When a comment is deleted on a mod it still shows in notifications. This can make it annoying to check in on user interaction with mods. As the comment still shows, can be clicked, and gives the impression that it exists. However, when clicked it will load the page but not go to the comment section. My suggestion is to either not show the comment in notifications or show the comment in a deleted state.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Do not treat Japanese comments as spam.

I made a mod,and I submitted it to CurseForge.
    After, I set its Primary Language as JAPANESE.(because I am Japanese)

But my Japanese friend, he send the comment to its page, the comment is treat as spam immediately.

It is not good.please change settings.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. callback for email new plug-ins and updates of old ones

Hello.
    Can I, somehow via email, receive notifications about the emergence of new plug-ins and updates of old ones?
    How it is implemented on spigotmc.org.
    Thank!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. General functionality improvements

there are currently 2 websites doing the same:
    - [1] https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/jei
    - [2] https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/jei

just looking differently, both are on curseforge and just use another url layout. get rid of one of them (preferably the first one cause its has way less functionality than the second one)

(both have different comment sections -.-)

the current search function on website [2] is useless. for everything you search it shows so much modpacks that you probably won't find what you're looking for except you know exactly the name. google is way faster and better.

the search on website [1] at least recognizes…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please write a 302 redirect to send 404's from /server-mods/ to /projects/

Last year the content from /server-mods/ was reassigned to /projects/ and broke thousands and thousands of links on resource pages.

Instead of waiting for us to contact the author of each plugin and ask them to overhaul each Wiki and resource page, can you write a 302 redirect to redirect requests for everyone automatically? They'r always used in this situation, it just looks like someone forgot. : ( It happens

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Idea for Minecraft Mods section

So for 1.13 and higher now, there is a few different ways for mods. Theres Forge we all know and love, and there is now Rift, and Fabric, and who knows what else to come. So my idea is, you know where you can select your MC version 1.13, 1.13.1, 1.13.2, etc. Perhaps add a section there that says 1.13.2 Forge, and 1.13.2 Rift so people can browse by forge mods for 1.13.2, and Rift mods for 1.13.2. This may help people browsing for mods, because if they dont read the mod file, they may not know that the mod…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

-CurseForge Team

20. The "Download Latest File" button should be renamed to "Download Latest Stable Release" or similar

Currently, the "Download Latest File" button on CurseForge only downloads the latest release version, even if there are newer alphas/betas available. I understand why this is the case, but many players would rather have a later, more feature rich beta than an older release, since most mod betas are stable enough to be played.

My suggestion is changing the button to read "Download latest stable release" and adding a dropdown option to download the latest alpha/beta version. Plus, there should be a persistent setting that lets you switch between downloading the latest release and downloading the latest alpha/beta.

This applies…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

-CurseForge Team

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Game Mods & CurseForge

Feedback and Knowledge Base