Game Mods & CurseForge

Bug Report? File here → https://support.curseforge.com

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Give us the ability to search the "issues" portion of minecraft mod packs.

Currently we can view the issues page for mod packs to see bugs/feedback reported there. We can toggle to view by tags or status (open/closed) but we cannot perform any simple search in this section. Being able to search would allow us to determine if an issue has already been reported/addressed.

Sample page: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/project-ozone-3-a-new-way-forward/issues

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

-CurseForge Team

2. Data Pack support

We currently have Mods, Mod Packs, Addons, Resource Packs and World support. However, we still don't have a way to upload data packs, which is a big factor in world customization.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

-CurseForge Team

3. Add a Like/Dislike button to vote mods.

Add a Like/Dislike button to vote mods. Popularity will increase with Likes while will decrease with Dislikes. This will be really useful to tell easier which mods / modpacks are bad.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

4. Option to hide API/library mods from the list

Many Minecraft mod makers upload API/library mods that are only needed to make their mods work, but are pointless to download otherwise. This makes an already very long mod list even longer and more difficult to browse, also because library mods look like content mods until you read the description.

My suggestion is to add a show/hide checkbox to the "API and Library" category, and to make it hidden by default.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

5. Followed modpacks show in launcher

Would be cool if the client tracks modpacks that I follow and allowed me to quick install. This way I do not have to search for modpacks each time I use a new/different computer.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

6. Retain "Get More Content" filter when returning from mod page

When browsing the list of mods found under "Get More Content" I often search specific lists using searches or category filters and click on mods to view the information about them.
    It would be great to not have to start from the very top with no filters again after viewing the mods details.

I swear this was how it used to work before some update that happened...

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments!

7. Translations contributions

I would like the Localization-Tab from the WoW-Curseforge on the Minecraft Curseforge

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8. New Keyword Substitution: integer date of build/packaging

After talking on discord with Zeldo and Torhal we found that @project-date-integer@ does not match the date the zip file was made.
    It match the date of the last commit on git.

If last commit was made locally and merged only a few days later, with other commits in between, the number returned by @project-date-integer@ can be lower than previous zip file.

So this field can't be use for versioning, and there is no other field than can be used for this purpose.

ref: https://authors.curseforge.com/knowledge-base/world-of-warcraft/532-repository-keyword-substitutions

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

9. "Related Projects" section on curseforge pages. (minecraft.curseforge, mainly)

Like you see on the Google Play store, for example.

Use cases I want to use it for: (In my case, mostly with mods)

- Commonly viewed/downloaded together. (Would cover a really all of these, but more specifically:)
    - Mods that do the same thing. Categories aren't quite specific enough, and even if I search for it it's still really common that I find a post on something super common on reddit, for example, for something I *specifically* looked for on curse and it didn't come up. This is frustrating.
    - Parent/Children mods. Different from dependants; dependants are only reliable…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  affoste responded

Thank you for this suggestion, we are currently reviewing it. Please add any additional details you think would be helpful in the comments— we are listening!

10. Enable the browsing of our favorites.

While the ability to favorite a project is seemingly functional, you are currently unable to browse the filles that you have favorited.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

11. Project Image Requirements

Why are project images required to be 1:1. I spent more time getting this image than the rest of the project upload process.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12. Twitch App WoW Dependencies

I'm seeing a number of issues related to World of Warcraft addons and the dependencies as they are handled by the Twitch app. I wanted to start by opening the issue on the Curseforge side and go from there:

Please review my projects - I have a number of them all with the word "TomCat's" in the name.
    In particular, one addon named "TomCat's Tours: Complete" intends to allow some of my more loyal end users to be able to have all of the TomCat's Tours addons installed and kept up to date without having to look for new addons…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

13. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

14. Add a spam filter and CAPTCA to the forums!

Spambots and adbots everywhere. Please do something to stop these posts and delete the spambot accounts.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

15. Expose Versioning for each Mod.

Allow a mod authors to have a version field for their own mod. This way, users can check if they have the latest file from a quick glance.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. easily donate to the addon author

May you add other donation ways like alipay and WeChatPay, so the CN players can donate easily.Thanks.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Thank you for this suggestion, we are currently reviewing it. Please add any additional details you think would be helpful in the comments— we are listening!

17. Give the modpack owners/authers to change modpack logo

would be cool for the modpack owners/auther to be able too change the logo of the modpacks on twitch, if they wan't it more personal or don't like the one they have, instead of feeling forced to only use one type.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments!

18. Upload images for custom profiles

The client currently doesn't allow custom images for custom profiles. The only way to get a custom image is to upload your custom profile to CurseForge as a Mod Pack, which doesn't make sense for private or WIP projects.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

19. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

20. Persistent Optional Files

Having the ability to add optional files to my projects that are not connected to a single main file. This way, they can persist while I upload the main file. Example of this on Nexus.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

• Don't see your idea?

Game Mods & CurseForge

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base