Game Mods & CurseForge

Bug Report? File here → https://support.curseforge.com

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Optional mods in modpacks

When making a modpack it would be cool to have optional mods. This is a feature that exists in a few launchers I've created for other groups. It works by defining a flag on each mod (required, recommended, optional). Then when a user starts or installs the pack it asks if they want to enable the mod or leave it disabled.

The idea behind this would be to allow shipping mini-maps or performance fixed. While allowing users to disable them without unlocking the modpack and manually disabling the mods.

It would also provide a much better user experience. Along with…

24 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Thank you for this suggestion, we are currently reviewing it. Please add any additional details you think would be helpful in the comments— we are listening!

2. "Update All" button in mod list

When managing the mods installed in a pack, it's very common to want to update every mod with an update available. Currently, this requires scrolling through the mod list and manually clicking on all the update buttons, which can take quite a while even for modestly-sized (50-100 mods) packs.

A simple "update all" button, which could even be hidden in the "…" menu at the top, would make this so much less annoying and error prone (easy to overlook a button when scrolling).

30 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  affoste responded

Thank you for this suggestion, we are currently reviewing it. Please add any additional details you think would be helpful in the comments— we are listening!

3. BUG: Context menus don't display properly

In the client, context menus should be toplevel so that they are displayed over over elements. (Outlined in Red)
    Sub menus should open to the right if there is enough room for them ie. where the arrow is. (Outlined in Yellow)
    https://i.imgur.com/zHoEYSV.png

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

4. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

-CurseForge Team

5. Add ability to download packs in client.

It would be very useful to have a way to download a modpack (or even a mod) to the Twitch client, directly from the website. This could take the form of a button on the wesbite that says "Download in Twitch client", and clicking this button would communicate with the Twitch client and prompt the download to happen.

Ideally, this feature would be handled by registering the Twitch app to handle a custom URI scheme. Microsoft has some more information on that here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/internet-explorer/ie-developer/platform-apis/aa767914(v=vs.85)

I believe the above approach would be ideal because it greatly streamlines the process for the…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

6. A working REFRESH button would be nice

Currently, clicking the REFRESH button does nothing. The button is not animated in any way to show it is doing anything, and if it does, that is nothing.

I have to actually EXIT the program, launch it again to find new mods that have updates.

eg: I had 2 mods that showed updates available.
    Hit refresh, still 2 mods. Hit refresh, still 2 mods.
    QUIT PROGRAM and start it again, now shows FIVE (5) mods that have updates.

OLD version worked beautifully. You could click 'refresh' and it worked. You could keep things sorted that mods which have updates are…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments!

7. Twitch app client / Minecraft modpack version filter

Where is the filter gone to select what version of Minecraft should be shown in the mudpack list. Its horrible to find packs for as example the newest version of Minecraft with out such a field.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

8. Pressing delete on installed mods gives no feedback

Something that makes or breaks an app like Twitch - specifically in the game mod area - is tactility, and to me, it seems like with a recent update quite a bit of that has been lost.

While I'm asking specifically for the 'delete' button to be polished up a bit to possibly change into a loading spinner and then another icon if the deletion has failed (since at the moment literally nothing happens even if the delete actually worked), I think a lot more things in the same regard need a look at in terms of polishing.

I really…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments!

9. Twitch sub button on other parts of the Twitch app.

The new experimental sub button is only on the expanded info page for a mod. While I can't speak for every user, I feel like most users download their mods from the search list rather than the expanded info page. The reasoning for this is that it is quicker to download mods you are already familiar with that way, and there is no clear indication that an expanded info page exists from the search page.

In my experience with the twitch app I only view the expanded info page if it is for a mod I am not familiar with.…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Minecraft: Where are the resource packs and version selectors on the client now?

I can't seem to find the version for minecraft to select and I can't find the resource packs to download when I do download a modpack. Where did they go and how do I get them back?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Disable minecraft profile play buttons when files are getting downloaded.

Currently you can start the game while files are trying to be updated or downloaded. This causes an error as the files will be in use when the app tries to replace them.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

12. Followed modpacks show in launcher

Would be cool if the client tracks modpacks that I follow and allowed me to quick install. This way I do not have to search for modpacks each time I use a new/different computer.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

13. Retain "Get More Content" filter when returning from mod page

When browsing the list of mods found under "Get More Content" I often search specific lists using searches or category filters and click on mods to view the information about them.
    It would be great to not have to start from the very top with no filters again after viewing the mods details.

I swear this was how it used to work before some update that happened...

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Twitch App WoW Dependencies

I'm seeing a number of issues related to World of Warcraft addons and the dependencies as they are handled by the Twitch app. I wanted to start by opening the issue on the Curseforge side and go from there:

Please review my projects - I have a number of them all with the word "TomCat's" in the name.
    In particular, one addon named "TomCat's Tours: Complete" intends to allow some of my more loyal end users to be able to have all of the TomCat's Tours addons installed and kept up to date without having to look for new addons…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

15. Upload images for custom profiles

The client currently doesn't allow custom images for custom profiles. The only way to get a custom image is to upload your custom profile to CurseForge as a Mod Pack, which doesn't make sense for private or WIP projects.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

16. For Game Mods, Allow us to save mod profiles

For Game Mods, Allow us to save mod profiles, for new computers or fresh installs to easily go back to installing the same mods you had before.

29 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  affoste responded

• Don't see your idea?

Game Mods & CurseForge

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base