Bug Report? File here → https://support.curseforge.com

Game Mods & CurseForge

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When managing the mods installed in a pack, it's very common to want to update every mod with an update available. Currently, this requires scrolling through the mod list and manually clicking on all the update buttons, which can take quite a while even for modestly-sized (50-100 mods) packs.

A simple "update all" button, which could even be hidden in the "…" menu at the top, would make this so much less annoying and error prone (easy to overlook a button when scrolling).

51 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  affoste responded

Thank you for this suggestion, we are currently reviewing it. Please add any additional details you think would be helpful in the comments— we are listening!

2. For Game Mods, Allow us to save mod profiles, for new computers or fresh installs to easily go back to installing the same mods you had before.

41 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  affoste responded

Thank you for this suggestion, we are currently reviewing it. Please add any additional details you think would be helpful in the comments— we are listening!

3. When making a modpack it would be cool to have optional mods. This is a feature that exists in a few launchers I've created for other groups. It works by defining a flag on each mod (required, recommended, optional). Then when a user starts or installs the pack it asks if they want to enable the mod or leave it disabled.

The idea behind this would be to allow shipping mini-maps or performance fixed. While allowing users to disable them without unlocking the modpack and manually disabling the mods.

It would also provide a much better user experience. Along with…

34 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

4. It would be very useful to have a way to download a modpack (or even a mod) to the Twitch client, directly from the website. This could take the form of a button on the wesbite that says "Download in Twitch client", and clicking this button would communicate with the Twitch client and prompt the download to happen.

Ideally, this feature would be handled by registering the Twitch app to handle a custom URI scheme. Microsoft has some more information on that here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/internet-explorer/ie-developer/platform-apis/aa767914(v=vs.85)

I believe the above approach would be ideal because it greatly streamlines the process for the…

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

5. Most mods dont let you install them and say some mods wont work or Object reference not set to an instance of an object. on twitch. Pls fix this.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Currently, clicking the REFRESH button does nothing. The button is not animated in any way to show it is doing anything, and if it does, that is nothing.

I have to actually EXIT the program, launch it again to find new mods that have updates.

eg: I had 2 mods that showed updates available.
    Hit refresh, still 2 mods. Hit refresh, still 2 mods.
    QUIT PROGRAM and start it again, now shows FIVE (5) mods that have updates.

OLD version worked beautifully. You could click 'refresh' and it worked. You could keep things sorted that mods which have updates are…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments!

7. We really need a linux curse minecraft launcher

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The client currently doesn't allow custom images for custom profiles. The only way to get a custom image is to upload your custom profile to CurseForge as a Mod Pack, which doesn't make sense for private or WIP projects.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

9. Currently you can start the game while files are trying to be updated or downloaded. This causes an error as the files will be in use when the app tries to replace them.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

-CurseForge Team

10. 4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

-CurseForge Team

11. Would be cool if the client tracks modpacks that I follow and allowed me to quick install. This way I do not have to search for modpacks each time I use a new/different computer.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

12. The new Curseforge/ Overwolf app is hard to use, and I wish we could just download mods straight off the website like before. I recently decided to try modded minecraft again but was disappointed to see that you have to download the overwolf app to your desktop. I have got the app all set up, and I am signed in but its saying that it cant find any of my games on my pc. I have tried manually finding the file for them as well. Before this new app all I had to do was look up the mod/ texture…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. As Overwolf app does not support Mac users, what are all the mac users going to do about updating their WOW Addons?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. In the "Mods" tab of the client, the width of the dropdown with the two different versions of WoW is not wide enough to show enough information to know which version you are currently looking at. There's plenty of screen real estate in the client to extend it out so it shows the full path by default, and/or make it so the user can drag it out to make it a lot wider than it is.

It would also be great if instead of seeing the folder path, we could see a nickname we choose, like WoW or WoW Classic,…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. HTTP Code: 403
    Status Text: error
    Address: https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/nameplatem
    Date: Sun Aug 23 2020 04:21:17 GMT+0200 (stredoeurópsky letný čas)
    Request: GET /comments/4397001/delete

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The PTR (public test realm) is opened only when new content is being tested. It is highly unlikely any existing mods or addons will work in the test environment. It would be pointless to install any mods or addons to that directory, much less default there as the Twitch app currently does. Also, it would be a safe bet that 99% of the people that use your app are trying to install for their live version of the game, be it Retail or Classic. I propose that your app be made able to detect the PTR realm as the file…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would like to be able to create a 1.14 and later instance using the Fabric mod loader. The website already allows for mods to be uploaded for Fabric, and makes it easy to distinguish between Forge/Fabric for mods, but it is currently impossible to use Fabric mod packs in the Twitch client. This means that you can't upload a pack that uses Fabric to CurseForge, since it needs to work on the Twitch client. Additionally, it would be useful for mod pack developers to automatically filter mod versions to the mod loader the pack is using; for Forge packs,…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Something that makes or breaks an app like Twitch - specifically in the game mod area - is tactility, and to me, it seems like with a recent update quite a bit of that has been lost.

While I'm asking specifically for the 'delete' button to be polished up a bit to possibly change into a loading spinner and then another icon if the deletion has failed (since at the moment literally nothing happens even if the delete actually worked), I think a lot more things in the same regard need a look at in terms of polishing.

I really…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments!

19. The new experimental sub button is only on the expanded info page for a mod. While I can't speak for every user, I feel like most users download their mods from the search list rather than the expanded info page. The reasoning for this is that it is quicker to download mods you are already familiar with that way, and there is no clear indication that an expanded info page exists from the search page.

In my experience with the twitch app I only view the expanded info page if it is for a mod I am not familiar with.…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I can't seem to find the version for minecraft to select and I can't find the resource packs to download when I do download a modpack. Where did they go and how do I get them back?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?