Game Mods & CurseForge

Bug Report? File here → https://support.curseforge.com

How can we improve game mods and CurseForge?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. More modloader support across curse without being required to use forge.

Options to chose between modloaders and supported mods/modpacks such as FabricAPI, liteloader, rift and so on.

Each modloader having it's own mods and modpack area as to not mix them up causing compatibility issues without including Forge as we are required to use at the moment (since that has been the only modloader on curse for a long time now)

129 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

22 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the suggestion, we are looking into this. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

2. Add a search bar back to the header.

On minecraft.curseforge.com there was a search bar in the header that allowed me to search for content by name/keyword directly from any page on the site. I used it all the time, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. As of now, it's easier to just google the mod and find it that way than to try and search it internally.

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

-CurseForge Team

3. Re-Add the ability to change font sizes and add lines in the text editor.

Aside from just generally being horribly broken, the new UI update removed plenty of useful features from the text editor.

Support for different text sizes was removed, and the Header section is very broken, making it extremely difficult to organize pages.

Horizontal lines seem to also have been removed for seemingly no reason. Myself and many others used these lines to help organize pages.

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to submit your idea! We are looking into this suggestion internally and will update this page once a final decision has been made. Please add any additional details that you think would be helpful in the comments! We are Listening!

-CurseForge Team

4. Do not treat Japanese comments as spam.

I made a mod,and I submitted it to CurseForge.
    After, I set its Primary Language as JAPANESE.(because I am Japanese)

But my Japanese friend, he send the comment to its page, the comment is treat as spam immediately.

It is not good.please change settings.

32 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

5. Allow for Files pages to be filtered by Minecraft Version again

On minecraft.curseforge.com there was a dropdown menu on the Files page that allowed users to filter the files by which Minecraft version they were for. Currently, we can only view them by the order in which they were updated, which is frustrating for mods that are maintained for multiple versions.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

6. idk why the new Twitch layout sucks but here's some input

Ignore everything below, or don't.

I see a lot of people don't like the new layout. Here are a couple of things I noticed or missed immediately after the layout switch: the site clearly prioritizes Twitch App users which is noticeable in the download button layout, and users can't filter mod files by game versions anymore. EDIT: the mod list is also missing pagination at the bottom of the page, and there isn't a "back to top" either. EDIT 3: no search bar in the header despite the fact that all file content is- nevermind, this is hard. I'm going…

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. When searching, it would be nice to add a filter for the mod loaders

For example, we have the current options
    Sort By: [Date Created, Last Updated, Name, Popularity, Total Downloads]
    Game Version: [1.14.2, 1.13.2, ...]

It would be nice to add the following:
    Mod Loader: [Forge, Fabric (1.14.x), Rift (1.13.x)] or [Forge, Other]

This would be greatly appreciated.
    You could simply add a checkbox when uploading mods to the site to signify that the mod is not a forge mod.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

8. DarkMode on curseforge sites

Ability to have a dark mode for those of us who has a dark mode!

57 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Thank you for this suggestion, we are currently reviewing it. Please add any additional details you think would be helpful in the comments— we are listening!

9. You can MASSIVELY improve CurseForge simply by making the project search show whether something is a mod or a modpack.

I just now went out of my way to join a Discord server and tried to ask someone whether their mod Technomancy Revamped had the same issue as another 1.12.2 port of the mod called Technomancy. After much confusion and irritation on both sides of the conversation, someone mentioned to me that Technomancy Revamped is a modPACK, not a mod. The CurseForge search results give absolutely no indication whatsoever as to whether a specific result is a mod, modpack, texture pack, or whatever else it could be. I just wasted thirty minutes barking completely up the wrong tree because of…

38 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

10. How am I supposed to search for mods now?

I'm not going to be one of those who demands an immediate revert to the old style, but man. Don't take out 9/10 of the features that kept me here in the first place. WHY did you do that? Stupid *** decision.

I was in the middle of a big project. I have to put it on hold now, because it's impossible to find anything on your site any more, let alone in bulk.

- I can't find a way to search / browse mod authors any more. This is stupid.
    - Searches I'm CERTAIN are cutting out 90% of…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. New Site Lay-Out Design Needs Some Help

The new website has some issues that really should be looked into. I made a bug report already and I know a whole new launch of a site is a "great thing" and I'm sure hard work went into it but these are just some further general thoughts that really should be considered:

1) You have way to much white in my honest opinion. It is actually blinding. The contrast is just all off. Having a "Dark Theme" like you do on all the Twitch things I'm sure is something being worked on but maybe doing something about the sheer…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

12. Shader

Add a shaders section please. A lot of devs are following me over to curseforge after the death of mc forums

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

13. API access to csv data

Right now we can export projects via csv 1 at at time. For developer like myself with 60 projects this is very inefficient and requires automation to get down quickly. What me and several other developers would like is an API driven way to access the data exported. This way we can feed it into other tools and software directly. As well integrate it with our sites for the projects.

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

14. The search algorithm is lacking. A search for "Battle Pet" did not find Better Battle Pet Tooltip. The old webpage did.

Your search algorithm needs to be "includes" the entered words not "starts with" the entered words. For that matter, I'm pretty sure the old search wasn't just of the addons' titles but some of the other fields as well. Keywords, maybe?

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Comments in emails

After the latest site update emails have shift to only saying "You have comments on project [Name]" rather than how it use to show a highlight of the comments. This has made it difficult to know if I need to answer right away or if it can wait until later. I would prefer if I could see the comments again in the email.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

16. add developer stats to the user profile page

the authors dashboard displays various stats..it would be nice have total downloads and project count available on our public profile pages

32 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for this suggestion, we are currently reviewing it. Please add any additional details you think would be helpful in the comments— we are listening!

17. Fixes to Subscribtions/Favorites page (restoring old functionality)

The old UI had actual functionality:
    1) Allow sorting of the AddOns/Projects I'm following (name/date updated/category/etc...)
    2) A download button would be nice to see back, so I don't have to click through every individual addOn page.
    3) Allow to display the items in a list, the tile display is less then ideal.
    4) Display game version of the latest update

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

18. Where is the "add to favorite" functionality?

I simply can't see where the add/remove favorite addon functionality has gone on the new website?

And please please change it to a simply list of favorite addons, instead of having me browsing 13 pages of oversized addon entries.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

19. Localization has a number of features broken with the June 2019 update

"Add Phrase" just clears the right-hand pane and leaves it blank

"Edit Phrase" just clears the right-hand pane and leaves it blank

Revision history shows the latest revision's text and then repeats that same text for every other revision.

Changing the localized text and pressing "Save" breaks the Phrase Key button for that text in the left-hand pane

There could be more, but I haven't needed to try to use them yet.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

-CurseForge Team

20. Collapse comment replies

I'm looking through the read-only version of the new site releasing today (Jun-26-2019) and I realized it can be a bit painful to scroll through the comments. This is likely an issue with the old site as well. My idea to improve this slightly is to collapse reply chains by default and have an option to expand for those that want to see the replies.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

-CurseForge Team

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Game Mods & CurseForge

Feedback and Knowledge Base