Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Extensions

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Extensions

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Add the "Extensions" feature to Twitch Studio! Rather irritating that it's not available on the official studio software.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  CME Extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It would be cool to have a option to add a client reference id when creating the transaction. This would allow me to link a transaction (before create the transaction flow) to a specific item by just using the method useBits() and the new webhook.

Currently I still have to use the onTransactionComplete. To link the item to the transaction. However, if the developer’s EBS experiences an outage, it is difficult to retroactively fulfill the benefits to viewers who have already spent Bits.

I have in an extension virtually "infinite" items which can be purchased with bits that shares the…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make it possible to add editor credentials to another Twitch user to edit one's overlays and select the one in-use. Make it possible to add editor credentials to another Twitch user/account to edit one's overlays and select the one in-use. It would avoid security issues from sharing passwords in order to create/edit/select overlays.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  CME Extension  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. There is a lot of commotion about the DMCA thing so why not make a function so that viewers can listen to the same music as the streamers on Spotify and Youtube Music, maybe Soundcloud also. There is already a watch party function for Prime Video so why not do something similar for music so streamers and viewers can enjoy music together without worrying about copyright infringement.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I just downloaded Soundtrack by Twitch and while the music is quality stuff, I would really like to be able to create my own playlists. I'm picky about what songs I listen to, particularly when it comes to language, and I want to make sure I'm only streaming songs I'm comfortable listening to. Could you also add a search feature so I can search songs? Thank you so much!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hey guys, not really an idea but my channel won't let me host anyone. Does anyone have a solution? I've tried everything I can think of.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide a way to automate each step of the "Extension Life Cycle". https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/extensions/life-cycle

Extension developers manage their extensions through email, and a website. There's a ton of links to click, lots of waiting, never ending confirmation dialogs.. and more clicking.

I want to perform one action (one click, one cli command, etc) to move to the next, or previous step. It would save us devs a lot of time and energy.

Personally, I would love to be able to do this on the command line.

$ twitch --to-hosted-test -y -f twitch.config.js

Boom and done. Now you made a mistake and…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Currently viewers can make an extension invisible via the extension taskbar but this setting does not persist. There are some channel extensions that I find useful and others that I find to be intrusive.

My only option to remove intrusive extensions presently is to disable them all (by automatically removing the extension-content and extension-taskbar divs). It is a shame to have to disable the functionality entirely for the sake of a few irritations.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow an extension to be seen/used only by the streamer, as well as their editors and mods.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. mobile

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I love the fact my LG smartv got your app, but i can't login my account on it, so when i watch my favored streamers by him i dont get stuff like channel points or can interact in chat in any form... It's sad because watching twitch on TV has became more fun than on PC to me, so... this is my feedback.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Some extensions, do use image upload.
    To avoid flaws in the moderation system it would be great to have an image upload system on Twitch.

The streamer or developer could upload an image, that will be reviewed by Twitch, like emotes or cheermotes, etc. Once the image is approved, it can be used in the extension on the streamer's channel.

This will allow streamer to have more personnalisation options in extension, without adding multiple image upload system for each extensions that doesn't go through the twitch moderation system.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Since the removal of snap an app on xbox console, we can no longer view live chats. This has made it increasingly harder for Xbox streamers to be notified. Many streamers who are getting started use overlay expert, but that doesn't show up the streamers' console either. Providing a live chat box for the streamers would be very much appreciated.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I really wish those popular streamers add the closed captions to their stream for the viewers who is Deaf including myself. It's 2021 already though. Is there a way you could force them to add it? I would be much appreciate it!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The new purple screen of death that's been happening to a lot of people obviously doesn't work as intended and should be removed until it does. I miss a lot of streams because it pops up randomly. I never use adblock on twitch. I use BTTV and FFZ. That shouldn't be flagged as 3rd party tools that affect the stream performance negatively.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I would suggest making sure whoever makes an extension that requires bits needs to continuing offering support for that extension for as long as it remains up. I have used multiple extensions thats require bits from the users in my chat and those who made the extension no longer supported it and was just collecting the 20%.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hi,

It would be great to showcase a short clip of 30 - 60sec to showcase the extension.

This could demonstrate a lot more than just a picture and is pretty common for similar platforms.

It is somewhat surprising a live broadcasting platform doesn't have this feature.

Hope you guys make it work.

Cheers, Jeroensk - CVS-Gaming

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?