Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Extensions

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Extensions

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

150 results found

1. With Twitch Extensions, the Twitch community can interact in ways that were never thought possible. Additionally, it also frees creators to stream from non-traditional devices, while still maintaining the quality we have come to expect on the Twitch Platform.

Traditionally, creators use powerful desktop computers to encode video in real-time and stream to Twitch. With broadcasting software, such as Open Broadcasting Software or OBS, creators can produce a unique experience for their community through a video overlay that represents their personality and brand, and most importantly, helps them differentiate themselves from other creators on the Platform. Differentiation is crucial to…

666 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Today extensions (overlay extensions) are only available on certain web browsers (for PC/MAC).
    Make it available/work on all browsers.

Today extensions (overlays) don´t work on mobile and tablets (apps).
    Make it available/work on mobile and tablet apps.

Please also find a way to make extensions synced, be able to be used in replays/VOD´s/Clips.

444 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Extensions usually aren't related to what the streamer is streaming.
    Extensions do not work properly for me.
    Extensions prevent me from watching streams.

My biggest issue right now is I will not be able to view or hear a stream... Instead I get one of three error messages. In order to get the stream to work I clear my browser (Internet Files/Cache), return to Twitch, Relogin, Visit the Stream, again, and get one of those errors, again. I think repeat the process up to 27 times before the Video and Audio will work for me.

Due to this I am…

226 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I seem to have a persistent issue with users who are banned from my chat still being able to use my extensions to troll/harass me, resulting in the deactivation of the extension until the user moves on. Please have extensions check for banned users and disallow them to use the extension on my channel if they are banned. This is a particularly large issue especially with the Sound Alert Extension. Imagine being spammed with a "RIP" alert every thirty seconds just because you banned a 12 year old from your streams. Not Fun.

186 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Pando is a Twitch extension that allows streamers to adopt a pet.

The pet will respond in chat about new interactions, like followers, subscribers or just a friendly hello to new chatters.

We often receive the request to change the extension-name that is visible in chat. Currently it's Pando (same as the extension name). We would like streamers to change it so it will appears as the pets name.

We know it's a niche feature request but we hope it becomes possible.

151 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Extensions can currently be used to leak IP addresses.

Currently there is a host of scammers who create follow bots who idle in streamers chat to bait the streamer to visit them, steal their IP address and in turn send blackmail messages that threaten to DDoS the streamer unless they pay a ransom.

A system needs to be created to prevent this. Something like:
    - An option to disable extensions globally
    - Have viewers approve extensions before they are enabled on streams
    - Have Twitch manually approve developed extensions before they can be added to stream pages

Telling all streamers…

122 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When an Extension goes through constant improvement cycles the Extension versions start to pile up on the developer dashboard. There doesn't appear to be a particular order in which the versions are displayed so it becomes a tedious task to find the latest one just by looking through the small semver text on the thumbnail.

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be nice to be allowed more than 1 overlay extension and 3 extensions total.

Having something like a schedule / StreamLegends takes up two, but with more of these being added, some of my viewers would enjoy having other things to do on the channel page as well as they like the Twitch Games.

IE: The Powered Up Bits Animation overlay would be nice to have for viewers to add a little flair to their donation, but some still like to play the scratcher, mini-game, etc. This requires those of that use that overlay to sacrifice it.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There is a very large community that makes content for Twitch directly from your PS4 or Xbox console, and we do not have all the advantages that streamers have from PC, developing "exclusive" extensions for streams from console can help this community too much.

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. With the announcement of the mod view at Twitchcon 2019, it would be great to have moderator views for extensions.

A moderator view would be optional and would allow moderators to have some control over the extensions (equivalent or less than the dashboard view)

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I love watching some streamers, but sometimes the music they play is a bit too loud or quiet for my personal taste. It would really be great if there was some way that I could adjust the volume output of the music on my end to something that is more enjoyable for me, and allows for everyone to have the music at the level they want

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. A system similar to what Steam has: Trading Cards that can be unlocked by engaging with the streamer. (Requires the streamer to have such feature enabled; The streamer can design and upload their cards and set conditions such as drop rate, how to get them, say by following, subscribing, donating etc.)

Each user would have their own trading card menu in their personal dashboard, to check which have been unlocked, from which streamers, etc.
    Viewers can also trade cards with others if they have doubles, etc.
    Collecting all cards from a streamer could also unlock a badge or whatever the…

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be great to have a panel feature that would autoplay highlight/clip videos when a viewer clicks on our page or on the about page.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add something like a small visible meter that chat can send their feedback on by liking or disliking the streamer, content theyre providing or the stream as a whole, without viewers leaving to have impact on the view count and on whats streamer doing right or wrong from chats perspective.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Whether you stream on PC, console, or mobile platforms there is only 2 components, 1 overlay, and 3 panels. I understand that this was probably the most anyone wanted to attempt when you guys 1st started. However, now you are probably the top kid in the streaming game, and this feature could use an update in amount of available slots. If these were always showing then I could see the need for a limit, but most only become visible once hovered over or located in the panel section below. So with this being said you could add more slots for…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Good day.
    I suggest adding add-ons for the chat.
    Namely, translation of the chat in real time into different languages.
    For the convenient use of foreign citizens.
    So that every Twitch member can customize the translation of the chat text they know.
    And also provide the opportunity to select the translation of the chat text separately for the streamer.

How viewers see the chat :
    nickname1 - Hello!
    nickname2 - Hola!
    nickname3 - Привіт!

How the streamer and viewers will see the chat by setting up the translator extension:

nickname1 - Hello! [EU]
    nickname2 - Hello! [ES]
    nickname3 - Hello!…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. To optimize the SEO, I recommend that the name of the extension should be included in the title of the extension detail page.

Currently i'm getting search result like:

Extensions - Twitch
    https://www.twitch.tv › ext
    <description of the extension> ...

I am of the opinion that this would significantly improve the visibility of the extensions and make it easier for streamers to find the extension when searching via search engine pages.

Cheers,
    GhostZero

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Go to your channel.
    2. Click "Edit Panels". You should see this: https://i.gyazo.com/7431ffc77efa263da1b8753ac81f3328.png
    3. Click "Activate" on one of the default extensions. A popup will appear.
    4. Click "Activate" on the bottom right of the popup. The popup will disappear.
    5. Click "Configure" on the newly added panel extension. A popup will appear.
    6. Click "Activate" on the bottom right of the popup. Nothing happens.

When you have 3 or more activated extensions, clicking "Activate" on step #6 will display a dropdown. Until then, it does nothing.

This confuses users and causes them to send bug reports to the extension developer, when really this is…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. As I was watching the god gamer Moonmoon play Ghost of Tsushima, it occurred to me that it would be nice to have the ability to donate to the game developer. Maybe twitch can make deals with the developers to set up wallets and what not, and if a streamer is playing their game/category then an extension will allow viewers to also donate to the game dev.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be nice if we could filter the available and installed extensions based on criteria like overlay/panel, info/widget/game, or related stream content.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?