Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Extensions

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Extensions

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

84 results found

1. Allow an extension to be seen/used only by the streamer, as well as their editors and mods.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Provide a way to automate each step of the "Extension Life Cycle". https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/extensions/life-cycle

Extension developers manage their extensions through email, and a website. There's a ton of links to click, lots of waiting, never ending confirmation dialogs.. and more clicking.

I want to perform one action (one click, one cli command, etc) to move to the next, or previous step. It would save us devs a lot of time and energy.

Personally, I would love to be able to do this on the command line.

$ twitch --to-hosted-test -y -f twitch.config.js

Boom and done. Now you made a mistake and…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hello!

I would like to propose implementing a better landing page experience for the Extension Discovery page which currently features the same three extensions for 3-4 months at a time with very little rotation.

I would propose either rotating the top three extensions more often (monthly).. or randomizing them with a larger pool of featured extensions that refreshes on page load.

This will help streamers more easily discover extensions they may not have seen otherwise.

Thank you

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I think a pronoun extension would be great a lot of streamers are using the chrome one but if it were a twitch extension you could view on all
    Browsers and hopefully on the mobile app.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Some extensions, do use image upload.
    To avoid flaws in the moderation system it would be great to have an image upload system on Twitch.

The streamer or developer could upload an image, that will be reviewed by Twitch, like emotes or cheermotes, etc. Once the image is approved, it can be used in the extension on the streamer's channel.

This will allow streamer to have more personnalisation options in extension, without adding multiple image upload system for each extensions that doesn't go through the twitch moderation system.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. With more and more funny and useful extensions coming out it would be really helpful if the amount of slots could be bumped up by a lot, the 2 overlay, 3 panel is just not cutting it.
    And if the mobile overlay use isn't coming any time soon, make it so that we can place an extension in both the overlay and panel slot at the same time, so that we can cater to both types of viewers.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Probably 95% of Bits are provided through Twitch Chat by typing e.g. Cheer100.

This way of using Bits is explained and well-known for Twitch viewers. Not allowing Twitch Developers to use the same functionality is a direct limitation and provides an inconsistent user experience.

For example, let's say we have a game called "Racer". Join the race with bits and race against other viewers. Viewers type racer100 in Twitch chat and join the race.

Every developer gets a certain code (racer) similar to the extension name, and the amount determines the action. The action list is communicated with !racer, more…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add it so I can make a comment to the twitch streamer without having to DM them on discord or whisper, please.

/comment Care for [user] being toxic in chat with [ ] .

Just would make things easier IMO and helps a lot if the streamer gets issues with running discord or any other issues.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Currently it is impossible for users or developers to disable or turn off an extension based on currently set category. Having an option to automatically detect (based on set category) or manually turn them off temporarily when the game or application may still be running in the background but not actively played / shown on stream would give us the option to prevent irrelevant info from cluttering the screen and would improve viewers' experiences without having to completely uninstall and reinstall an extension every time.

Many extensions are in the "extensions for games" category on Twitch and many streamers may…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be nice to be able to have the ability to add as many extensions as I please because at any given time I usually would want 4 or 5

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Overlay Expert Recommendation: You know how streamers shrink their gameplay screen to a certain size? That would be a nice addition. That's if it's possible of course.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. A new feature for the mod view.
    A moderator chat so you can easily give out informations to every mod on when to take actions and share informations to everyone at the same time.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I am curious why Twitch streamers are limited to 3 panel extensions. I hope there is a good reason, cause I feel like 5 sounds like a better number. There's a lot of super awesome extensions out that I can want to utilize, but the limited # prevents that. Any reason why it's limited to 3, and could it be expanded?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. As an editor for a few of my friends, as it stands the only way for me to edit their extentions is via their personal sign in ID and password. I find this rather distasteful since we are supposed to never share that information. As an editor, I should be allowed to access something as important as extensions that provide NEEDED additions to the stream! Please, I hope Twitch, fellow users, and fellow editors share in this idea and see the assistance it would offer the gamers, and the truly epic opportunity Twitch editors(Like myself) would be able to further…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. There should be a logo or something that shows if extensions are mobile-friendly or not

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hi,

It would be great to showcase a short clip of 30 - 60sec to showcase the extension.

This could demonstrate a lot more than just a picture and is pretty common for similar platforms.

It is somewhat surprising a live broadcasting platform doesn't have this feature.

Hope you guys make it work.

Cheers, Jeroensk - CVS-Gaming

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Many extensions support multiple installation types (panel, overlay, component).
    A Streamer must select where to install it then.

Some Streamers preferr the overlay mode but some viewers don't like overlays, so then got the option to disable it on twitch.

Now the viewer does not have access to the content in the extension anymore.

If Twitch would allow streamers to simultaneously install such extensions as overlay but also as panel, the viewer would not be forced to allow the unwanted overlay if he/she wants to use the extension's features.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 4 votes

We're glad you're here