Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: Desktop

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: Desktop

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. It would be cool, if you could pick from your friends list, or just anyone else that's you choose that's on and active, to a duel, or make a team and challenge them, without it being a super special event. Kind of a stream vs stream duel, and when you challenge someone it alerts and notifies both parties streams chats.

Like in LoL, DoA6, SF5, Tekken, Racing games, Speed Run times, Form a team from chat maybe even, and ?vs? from each stream in whichever game is mutually designated.

And OverWatch....by the by...whose holding heavy on the OverWatch 2 alpha…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Streams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I am using Twitch desktop app only for updating my game addons, nothing more. I have no interest in broadcasting, no interest on watching others. I only want to update and manage my game addons.

Before forced merge from Curse to Twitch, it was possible in Curse but now I don't have such option.

Please make mod / addon manager only desktop app.

Also remove Popular Channels tab in Addons page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Don't know if this is implemented on Windows OS, but on Mac OS you can't maximize window to fill the screen (by double clicking the window and there is no option in the window settings on the top panel). There is an option to put it on full screen, but that is not what I'm after here.

Maximizing window gives option to have multiple windows in same screen, without the hassle to use mac's touch pad to change the virtual desktop space to other one. Especially if you use external mouse instead, you really can't do that unless you do…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Excuseme,i can the best

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When an update is available during playback/browsing while in full-screen mode (F11), users can't click neither the "update" nor "dismiss" buttons. This works with custom-size and maximized windows, however.
    When a similar bar (in yellow) appears to inform the user about the loss of connection, the button-click area has a vertical offset, also in full-screen mode.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Why am I unable to delete the Twitch folder? Its locked with no user permissions, and icacls can't even read it. Even getting out a linux distro, I can't remove this **** folder. What is going on!?
    I am the administrator of my machine. I should have full access to my system. Even getting a tool called "PSEXEC" (which runs commands at SYSTEM level), I can't change permissions or remove this file. What gives?

EDIT: I can't even remove the program.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. make the taskbar icon visible when the desktop app is hidden/minimized so users can see it to right-click > quit the desktop app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hi. Before update ,while watching VOD, jump forward/back with the arrow keys was 5 seconds, but after update its 10 seconds. Could revert it back or make us to choose?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Install location drop down is empty when trying to install a new game.

Following error in the log:
    {
    "level": "Info",
    "memory": 40408.0,
    "message": "[Electron - Platform] game-library.GET-INSTALL-LOCATIONS called",
    "thread": 13904,
    "timestamp": "2019-11-23T20:28:20.946564Z"
    },
    {
    "data": {
    "message": "Error: game-library.GET-INSTALL-LOCATIONS Promise Timeout Elapsed after 1000ms!",
    "name": "Error",
    "stack": "Error: Error: game-library.GET-INSTALL-LOCATIONS Promise Timeout Elapsed after 1000ms!\n at C:\Users\picti\AppData\Roaming\Twitch\Bin\Electron\resources\app.asar\contents-preload.js:1:1745"
    },
    "level": "Warn",
    "memory": 41328.0,
    "message": "[Electron - Platform.UI: MyGamesLibraryContextManager] Failed to get install locations",
    "thread": 13904,
    "timestamp": "2019-11-23T20:28:21.949428Z"
    }

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. In the Twitch App, one can only see the Total Downloads of a project for a Minecraft addon but not the amount of downloads a specific file has. This data is public on the curseforge website, I see no reason to deny Twitch App users of this same data.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Currently in the Twitch App it is impossible to see what other projects a user owns for Minecraft. However this data is available through the curseforge website so I feel the Twitch App should display this as well.

Why shouldn't users who only use the Twitch App be able to see what their favorite creators have made?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I cannot find LEGO DC Super Villains on the game list, or LEGO Ninjago.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Game Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I turned dark mode on before the latest version. I am now trying to turn it off. There is no option in dark mode on the desktop app to turn off dark mode.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 4 5 7 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?