Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: Desktop

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: Desktop

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. For the Mac Desktop app, I was wondering if the light/dark theme could sync up with our settings so that it will change along with our wallpaper, similar to how Twitch on iPhone. The visual change helps when I use Twitch for long periods of time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. all my games are gone. I tried to refresh, restart, reboot even deleting the app and folders and then reinstall it but the games are gone.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. plz add private stream at reasonable cost for example for
    online lessons (courses)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Streams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Chat in game overlays are all over the place and we really need to search for one app that does that like streamlabs or restream. Can we have twitch their own in game chat overlay that when we go live we don't have to rely on third-party apps because for me the chats are the most important thing to notice and also for small streamers they should have a chat notification and it will really work for them because there's no chat traffic yet and they can interact with the viewer 1:1 most of the small streamers doesn't have their…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I'm absolutely sick of seeing Amouranth and other stupid a$$ streamers on my recommended channel list when I'm clearly only here for SC2 and gaming (this is reflected in all my "recommendations" feedback). Quit forcing these stupid recommendations on me or I'm going to just wait for the content I want to be posted to youtube. At least give the option to close that window if you're going to populate the field with nothing but the mainstream BS because it might turn a higher profit. Incredibly annoying especially when I actually browse those channels thinking they were tailored to my…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I'm absolutely sick of seeing Amouranth and other stupid a$$ streamers on my recommended channel list when I'm clearly only here for SC2 and gaming (this is reflected in all my "recommendations" feedback). Quit forcing these stupid *** recommendations on me or I'm going to just wait for the content I want to be posted to youtube. At least give the option to close that window if you're going to populate the field with nothing but the mainstream BS because it might turn a higher profit. Incredibly annoying.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I'm absolutely sick of seeing Amouranth and other stupid a$$ streamers on my recommended channel list when I'm clearly only here for SC2 and gaming (this is reflected in all my "recommendations" feedback). Quit forcing these stupid recommendations on me or I'm going to just wait for the content I want to be posted to youtube. At least give the option to close that window if you're going to populate the field with nothing but the mainstream ***** because it might turn a higher profit. Incredibly annoying.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow users on Twitch.tv to hover over the borders of portions of the page (chat, channel side bar on the left) and drag them in and out to adjust their size. I want to use Theater Mode in a browser so I can still see and participate in the chat, but I want to decrease font size and shrink the chat a bit so I can increase the size of the actual stream.

Adding this level of display control across all Twitch platforms will greatly increase user experience and autonomy, and will probably negate the future need for developing a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. By default, the Twitch windows desktop app displays the My Games icons quite large. For a small number of games this may be fine, but for my 111 game library, it requires more scrolling than I'd prefer. On my 1920x1080 desktop, with the Twitch window slightly smaller than full screen, my game matrix is 9 wide by 3 rows. It appears I could fit 10 across if I made the window larger, but I have reasons for not doing so. I would like to see more of my library at a glance without scrolling.

I would suggest either a zoom…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Game Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Not an "idea" but more of a complaint...and I'm aware I'm posting in the wrong area. I'll post in the right place and follow your "rules," Twitch, when you fix your app. I constantly have problems with the Twitch app on my iPad mini 4, my iPad Pro, and on my iPhone 11. I need to drop my quality down to 240p and sometimes lower to view a live stream without it stopping every minute. My home Internet streams 4K and sometimes 8K without issue, so I should be able to view Twitch in basic 1080p resolution, with every other…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Twitch has dark mode, but it would be great to have an option to automatically match system setting. This can be realized thought CSS media query "prefers-color-scheme".

JS:
    darkMode = window.matchMedia("(prefers-color-scheme: dark)").matches; //true

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. moderator ansicht die benutzter im chat anzeige automatisch refreshen lassen
    ein timer einbauen lassen das der moderator die zuschauer so alle 20 secunden refresht wird so das man den reloadet butten nicht drücken muss dauerhaft nervt ein wennig

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. There are more options to help manage my stream in the Dashboard in my internet browser. It would be great to have them in the Twitch Studio desktop app. Examples: Hosting, Raids, Stream health bar. ACCURATE viewer count.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Game Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Repro method:
    1) Using Google Chrome version 88.0.4324.150 on desktop
    2) Place mouse over follow/unfollow button
    3) without clicking, remove curser from the button
    Expected Behavior: The "Follow"/"Unfollow" speech bubble should appear when the mouse enters the button, and disappear when it leaves the button, as it does for the turn notifications on/off button.
    Observed Behavior: The Speech bubble appears, but does not disappear until the mouse goes over another button.

Repro rate: 20/20 100% over multiple stream pages

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Firstly, I have no audio, no matter how many past stream videos I try to play by streamers I follow. I operate on Firefox browser, its up to date. No, I don't use desktop app. Have no desire to.

Secondly, instead of having to come here to scream into the void; when being directed to the "contact us" page and when we select "general issue" why do you not have audio issues for playing past streams? its not about me, I don't even stream any more, or better yet, why not have a support page for NON streamers!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. What you have right now is a great start but I feel like some important features are missing. As a new user, I find the app confusing, disorienting, and a little overwhelming when you look at it. I don't recall if there was a "Getting started" tutorial when I started Twitch for the first time, but if there isn't - there should be. Also, I'd really love and appreciate a way to view my user profile. As it stands I don't find it easy unless I type in a URL to do so, which is fine, but most programs have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. It is possible to AirPlay a Twitch video stream from iOS to Apple TV. It would be great if the same could be done with the MacOS Twitch app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?