Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: Desktop

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: Desktop

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Enable the view counter and time streamed as a part of the overlay when in full screen. Make these numbers only appear on hover/ mouse over.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Streams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I'm sure this is probably more of a niche problem, but when you follow a lot of channels, the 'followed channels' sidebar can get really crowded. It would be great if we could separate or filter this list by channels we're subscribed to. This is especially useful for when you get gifted a few subs and would like to check out a channel again without scrolling through your notifications. In addition, a search bar for your followed channels would be nice to quickly find that offline channel without searching your list manually

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I think streamers can stop Prime Video contents in Watch Parties category. Because when i pause my video my viewers can still watch the movie or series but i miss the part that i paused. So basically i want to take the control of remote.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. There are events happening all the time. I can't remember them all. Is there a way to schedule them, so that I am notified when they are streaming? Like WoW Streams in English that only happen once per week? The Gamecon that is coming up on August 27th. Yes I could put these on my phone calendar, but it would be great to have them notify me when they start if I can asked to be notified. There may already be a way. I am new to Twitch so just learning. I love Twitch and am amazed at all the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It would be cool, if you could pick from your friends list, or just anyone else that's you choose that's on and active, to a duel, or make a team and challenge them, without it being a super special event. Kind of a stream vs stream duel, and when you challenge someone it alerts and notifies both parties streams chats.

Like in LoL, DoA6, SF5, Tekken, Racing games, Speed Run times, Form a team from chat maybe even, and ?vs? from each stream in whichever game is mutually designated.

And OverWatch....by the by...whose holding heavy on the OverWatch 2 alpha…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be a good idea to add a custom Disconnect Protection image to allow channels to keep their branding through a brief disconnect for example a custom image which informs the viewer of a potential issue.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Excuseme,i can the best

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. plz add private stream at reasonable cost for example for
    online lessons (courses)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Streams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Can we get an audio only option for the Desktop App. The Mobile App has that option and it would be pretty nice if we can get the same feature for the Desktop App. Also the browser version too. Twitch as a radio/streaming channel would be pretty sick in my opinion

185 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Streams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Either let us listen to Twitch with no video or stop forcing me to watch in 1080p. One streamer I follow's streams are forced into 1080p half the time, but not all the time. He says there's nothing he can do about it, so could you just fix it Twitch? My internet can't handle it most of the time.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When in fullscreen mode on the desktop app I instinctively hit escape to exit fullscreen mode and yet nothing happens. This feels like a default action that should be built in.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Streams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. It would be nice to add "always on top" option on Twitch. Because, many times I'm doing something else, in browser or , work from home and I decrease size of of Twitch window in top corner and work other thing. If there is always on top feature, it would prevent Twitch window disappearing when clicking other things on PC/Mac.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Streams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. For years there has been some funky issues with Twitch on Chromecast devices, though recently things have been better.

I downloaded your desktop app today but was disappointed to see that it did not have a Chromecast integration. Can we get this?

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Streams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show all the followed channels rather than the first couple. Currently only the first few (depending on resolution) are shown (or at least fill the bar). This makes it so that top streamers aren't eating up all the viewers. Also, make it so the channels with the least viewers aren't placed on the bottom. Make it based on time the stream has started or something, so again larger streamers don't eat up all the viewers. Second, move the friends panel, it doesn't belong there on the followed channels bar.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Streams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I will like to have the twitch extension also in the twitch app.. because now more and more channels are using extensions to eliminate bots in the chat.. i dont like to open twitch in a browser to have accest to that if a have the twitch app for that..

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Streams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I'm not able to have the fullscreen mode "saved" so that when I open the app, it starts in fullscreen. It wasn't an issue before Twitch started with all these updates. But now it is...HELP!!!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Streams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Mouse cursor doesn't hide when on full screen

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Streams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Scrolling up in a twitch chat that has filled its 100-300 message limit(whatever the chat history limit is), while many new chat messages are being sent makes it impossible to read the chat message you scrolled up to read. Please, the web browser version handles this perfectly, freezing the chat viewport on the text you scrolled up to, rather than letting new chat messages push what you wanted to see upwards.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please make RERUNS part of the host options. Doesn't mix with LIVE streams, when the Streamer isn't there and its just a RERUN. I suggest its own RERUN slot or put them in another category other then Live, because they aren't!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hey you ever open the twitch app and UH OH missed your favorite stream by a few weeks so you go to look for it but it's not the latest video any more. "what am I to do????" you think to yourself.
    Welllllllllllll if you look closely there's a button that says "videos" but when you click the button it opens your browser. why?! you built an app to watch twitch and forgot V.O.D. and clips. get them in there.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?