Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: Desktop

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: Desktop

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. sometimes we want to watch more than one streamer at the same time, so, one idea would be TO BE ABLE TO OPEN MORE THAN ONE TABE IN THE TWITCH APP, so we wouldn't need to open the twtich app and watch another streamer through the web browser, since the twitch app uses less RAM memory than web browser

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A Calendar-Overview would be great.
    Where the viewer see all the planned streams of the followed streamer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Since it appears our game libraries are going to be eventually pushed over to the Amazon Games app, can you please make it so that it detects the games already installed via the Twitch app?

I don't really care which app we have to use, but I don't want to have to uninstall and reinstall all of my Twitch games on the new application. Until this happens, I refuse to use the new app.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Game Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I'm absolutely sick of seeing Amouranth and other stupid a$$ streamers on my recommended channel list when I'm clearly only here for SC2 and gaming (this is reflected in all my "recommendations" feedback). Quit forcing these stupid *** recommendations on me or I'm going to just wait for the content I want to be posted to youtube. At least give the option to close that window if you're going to populate the field with nothing but the mainstream ******** because it might turn a higher profit. Incredibly annoying.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. It would be awesome to have the choice to listen to your own music (as a watcher of the stream) while listening to the stream when the streamer puts its own music in the stream. If I were to do it now, there would be my music playing AND the streamer music playing which is just a mess of sounds.

Honestly sometimes I don't listen to a streamer just because I don't want to listen to the streamer music because either I don't like the music background or because I wanted to simultaneously watch something else with sounds on my…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I don't want to see LOL games but LOL game stream is on the main page.
    I already put LOL in list of unwanted game but too many LOL stream is recommended in upper main page.

PLEASE I don't want to see LOL stream!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I was wondering why my VODS on twitch had no audio in them, then I see it's a common issue with people who have soundtrack, as a reddit user pointed out: "Seems like it's related to the Twitch Soundtrack plugin which I noticed you use. Its intended to remove music from VODs but a lot of people have been having issues with getting everything routed correctly despite following the exact instructions." https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/jw6ovc/no_game_audio_nor_discord_audio_in_vods_but_can/

Same type of thing on OBS Forums: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/any-idea-why-my-in-game-sound-is-muted-in-vod-but-works-when-live-mic-works-for-both-twitch.131970/

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Instead of having our dozens (hundreds!?) of followed channels in one lump, allow us to create custom-named folders to group our channels like we want... sports, music, games, etc....

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be sweet to hop from player to player screen view in RPG VTT instead of just the DM screen. For most VTT applications, the player view is limited and thus different.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. If I click a Discord link, the Discord app opens.
    If I click a Steam link, the Steam app opens.
    If I click a UPlay link, the Uplay app opens.
    If I click a Twitch link, my browser opens.

Please add a file type "twitch link" to Windows during the app install so that we can link the app to that file type in the bwoser settings.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. What you have right now is a great start but I feel like some important features are missing. As a new user, I find the app confusing, disorienting, and a little overwhelming when you look at it. I don't recall if there was a "Getting started" tutorial when I started Twitch for the first time, but if there isn't - there should be. Also, I'd really love and appreciate a way to view my user profile. As it stands I don't find it easy unless I type in a URL to do so, which is fine, but most programs have…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Twitch has dark mode, but it would be great to have an option to automatically match system setting. This can be realized thought CSS media query "prefers-color-scheme".

JS:
    darkMode = window.matchMedia("(prefers-color-scheme: dark)").matches; //true

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Simple really, I would love there to be the ability to turn off hardware media controls within the Twitch application. I constantly listen to music while watching streams and when I use my media keys on my keyboard it not only pauses the music but also the stream which is annoying. I realize this is a very nitpick thing and I love the app overall but I would love that edition!

Just to provide a little more context: you can do this within chrome by going to chrome://flags/ and disabling the Hardware Media Key Handling flag for the web browser.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I cant have my affiliate because its just reseting at every live i make!! I need you to make that bug desapear! Plz do it!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. As with browser, not only does the popout player in the desktop app not inherit the latency setting of the parent window but additionally (and unlike browser) the latency toggle in the popout appears to have no effect!

I love the popout miniplayer and use it a lot, it would be awesome to have latency control fixed at some point.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Game Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The streamer you are currently viewing has their emotes pinned to the top of the chat window for easy access, followed by all your other subscribed emotes under that (in some ordering that I can't figure out).

After a raid you want to show love for the channel you just raided FROM but you have to scroll through your list of emotes to find that recently raided from streamer. Please pin CURRENT streamer emotes to top of list followed by LAST VISITED channel and then whatever weird order you are using. This will make it easy to show your support…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please provide native Apple silicon support for improved performance and battery usage.

Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?