Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: Desktop

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: Desktop

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. i would like the xfinity time guide or another one for tv shows but for streamers so we can see when streamers go live and offline.

Streamers currently have either posted on discord, on the twitch page, or a third party extension on there twitch page.

giving a time chart Guide will help everyone greatly since then they can view who to stream, what time, what game all in one area

there could be even pop up with cancelled stream or special stream

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The Twitch Studio App needs filters, blur effects, call outs, transitions, and more! Please add these features!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Come on guys, I can download this stuff onto a USB and it runs without issue using WINE. Let us have our games on the platform we want. It'd be fairly trivial for you to compile the source with DXVK and other tools, judging by the fact your app is built in dotNET. Having these games on the x86 Chromebooks would be nice too.

****, Mac already runs on x86, so you could just run WINEBottler. Seriously, it's like zero effort.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. the ability to rename custom modpacks within the twitch launcher

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Currently to see the channels I sub to I have to go onto a seperate tab, and then wade through the other channels I follow. A list of the channels you're subbed to should be on the first page, before any of the Suggestions for new channels. I pay to be subbed and it's not unreasonable to think that I should get easy access to those channels.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The Watch Party feature is a pretty good way to have a community come together to watch something they have in common interests. However I had a different vision of these Watch Parties, when there's these expos and conferences online where different streamers watch together, I expected a more immersive look of a watch party. My idea I want to present is having stream communities come together. This includes badges and emotes, if more than 1 streamer has a watch party of the same expo, and decide to do a group stream, I would call this a watch party. My…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. A button on Multitwitch to open all selected live

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I am using Twitch desktop app only for updating my game addons, nothing more. I have no interest in broadcasting, no interest on watching others. I only want to update and manage my game addons.

Before forced merge from Curse to Twitch, it was possible in Curse but now I don't have such option.

Please make mod / addon manager only desktop app.

Also remove Popular Channels tab in Addons page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Simple really, I would love there to be the ability to turn off hardware media controls within the Twitch application. I constantly listen to music while watching streams and when I use my media keys on my keyboard it not only pauses the music but also the stream which is annoying. I realize this is a very nitpick thing and I love the app overall but I would love that edition!

Just to provide a little more context: you can do this within chrome by going to chrome://flags/ and disabling the Hardware Media Key Handling flag for the web browser.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. PC application shall allow to pop-out video player and make it float on top of other windows (like Opera's popout).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. PC application shall allow to pop-out video player and make it float on top of other windows (like Opera's popout).

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Whenever I would go searching for mods for Minecraft it would be useful if you can have it so twitch remembers its place when you click on a mod that is interesting and when you go back to the mods page it will be on that same mod instead of scroll all the way back up to the beginning. This feature was here before the new update.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make it where we can use the twitch app to go to our previously downloaded mods and use them while offline. During this pandemic theres no telling how many people lost connection.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Don't know if this is implemented on Windows OS, but on Mac OS you can't maximize window to fill the screen (by double clicking the window and there is no option in the window settings on the top panel). There is an option to put it on full screen, but that is not what I'm after here.

Maximizing window gives option to have multiple windows in same screen, without the hassle to use mac's touch pad to change the virtual desktop space to other one. Especially if you use external mouse instead, you really can't do that unless you do…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The apps (iOS, Android, whatever...) needs to have access to the low latency mode. Without it the app is almost unusable in my opinion.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. For the Mac Desktop app, I was wondering if the light/dark theme could sync up with our settings so that it will change along with our wallpaper, similar to how Twitch on iPhone. The visual change helps when I use Twitch for long periods of time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hi,

During my testing of using HD Textures and Shaders within Minecraft, I had identified the need to use more than 12GB RAM due to crashing when making changes to specific settings within the game.

My suggestion is to allow the allocation of more than 12GB RAM. It would be a good idea to allow a maximum usage of 90% of total available RAM on the system. This also gives flexibility to the end user using the software.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Hi. Before update ,while watching VOD, jump forward/back with the arrow keys was 5 seconds, but after update its 10 seconds. Could revert it back or make us to choose?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. In the Twitch App, one can only see the Total Downloads of a project for a Minecraft addon but not the amount of downloads a specific file has. This data is public on the curseforge website, I see no reason to deny Twitch App users of this same data.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?