Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: Desktop

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: Desktop

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Yes THERE'S a bug for this. Dark mode disappears when double clicking (to minimize/restore) the Window title bar, please fix this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I like that i can choose where minecraft should be installed.
    I hate that it always ends up in C/users anyways, ignoring my choice.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The full string could be seen in the drop down prior to the UI revamp, but now it is narrower and requires you to open the drop down to see which game version is selected.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I was wondering why my VODS on twitch had no audio in them, then I see it's a common issue with people who have soundtrack, as a reddit user pointed out: "Seems like it's related to the Twitch Soundtrack plugin which I noticed you use. Its intended to remove music from VODs but a lot of people have been having issues with getting everything routed correctly despite following the exact instructions." https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/jw6ovc/nogameaudionordiscordaudioinvodsbut_can/

Same type of thing on OBS Forums: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/any-idea-why-my-in-game-sound-is-muted-in-vod-but-works-when-live-mic-works-for-both-twitch.131970/

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It does not matter what I type (at form 1), (or not type) in adress 2, it simple say it is wrong at the form 3 to get associate. https://imgur.com/s6A2PlS

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. all my games are gone. I tried to refresh, restart, reboot even deleting the app and folders and then reinstall it but the games are gone.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Not an "idea" but more of a complaint...and I'm aware I'm posting in the wrong area. I'll post in the right place and follow your "rules," Twitch, when you fix your app. I constantly have problems with the Twitch app on my iPad mini 4, my iPad Pro, and on my iPhone 11. I need to drop my quality down to 240p and sometimes lower to view a live stream without it stopping every minute. My home Internet streams 4K and sometimes 8K without issue, so I should be able to view Twitch in basic 1080p resolution, with every other…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Repro method:
    1) Using Google Chrome version 88.0.4324.150 on desktop
    2) Place mouse over follow/unfollow button
    3) without clicking, remove curser from the button
    Expected Behavior: The "Follow"/"Unfollow" speech bubble should appear when the mouse enters the button, and disappear when it leaves the button, as it does for the turn notifications on/off button.
    Observed Behavior: The Speech bubble appears, but does not disappear until the mouse goes over another button.

Repro rate: 20/20 100% over multiple stream pages

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Firstly, I have no audio, no matter how many past stream videos I try to play by streamers I follow. I operate on Firefox browser, its up to date. No, I don't use desktop app. Have no desire to.

Secondly, instead of having to come here to scream into the void; when being directed to the "contact us" page and when we select "general issue" why do you not have audio issues for playing past streams? its not about me, I don't even stream any more, or better yet, why not have a support page for NON streamers!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Quasiment tous les jours, les streams crash, il est impossible d'interagir avec le tchat, on perd l'image, on perd nos chaînes suivies bref la plateforme en France est cassée!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. If I pause a broadcast and then leave the room, I don't want a broadcast to be playing when I come back.

But there often is a broadcast playing when I come back because a raid happened.

If I'm paused before a raid, I should be paused after the raid too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. this has been ongoing since i joined and streamed on twitch, the servers need to be vastly improved on website, every stream i watch or try to stream to platform keeps lagging/crashing and auto tunes to 160p. i keep getting random errors ranging from unable to decod or not available on browser. i have tried many browsers and this happens on all. microsoft edge it the worst.

this is riduculus that this has not been addressed for so long.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The User Account Control (UAC) dialogue should only appear if an update is available or has to be installed etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. ReCaptcha simply desnt work on your platform. Even in the Webbrowser version. I tried to login in the Desktop App for 10 Minutes now. Even after a reinstallation it doesnt accept any Login attempts.
    Please get rid of ReCaptcha!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sobald man die Einstellung vorgenommen hat das der Chat auf der linken Seite sein soll bleibt nun auch die Liste von Kanälen denen man folgt ebenfalls auf der linken Seite ohne wie vorher auch die Seite zu wechseln.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When an update is available during playback/browsing while in full-screen mode (F11), users can't click neither the "update" nor "dismiss" buttons. This works with custom-size and maximized windows, however.
    When a similar bar (in yellow) appears to inform the user about the loss of connection, the button-click area has a vertical offset, also in full-screen mode.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Why am I unable to delete the Twitch folder? Its locked with no user permissions, and icacls can't even read it. Even getting out a linux distro, I can't remove this **** folder. What is going on!?
    I am the administrator of my machine. I should have full access to my system. Even getting a tool called "PSEXEC" (which runs commands at SYSTEM level), I can't change permissions or remove this file. What gives?

EDIT: I can't even remove the program.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. make the taskbar icon visible when the desktop app is hidden/minimized so users can see it to right-click > quit the desktop app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Install location drop down is empty when trying to install a new game.

Following error in the log:
    {

"level": "Info",

"memory": 40408.0,
    "message": "[Electron - Platform] game-library.GET-INSTALL-LOCATIONS called",
    "thread": 13904,
    "timestamp": "2019-11-23T20:28:20.946564Z"

},
    {

"data": {

"message": "Error: game-library.GET-INSTALL-LOCATIONS Promise Timeout Elapsed after 1000ms!",
    "name": "Error",
    "stack": "Error: Error: game-library.GET-INSTALL-LOCATIONS Promise Timeout Elapsed after 1000ms!\n at C:\\Users\\picti\\AppData\\Roaming\\Twitch\\Bin\\Electron\\resources\\app.asar\\contents-preload.js:1:1745"
    },
    "level": "Warn",
    "memory": 41328.0,
    "message": "[Electron - Platform.UI: MyGamesLibraryContextManager] Failed to get install locations",
    "thread": 13904,
    "timestamp": "2019-11-23T20:28:21.949428Z"

}

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?