Videos - Uploads, Past Broadcasts, and Highlights

How can we improve Videos - Uploads, Past Broadcasts and Highlights?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I can't upload videos..is there a limit to upload

I cant upload videos..i click on video producer..i don't see that 'up arrow' button i used to see when i wanted to upload a video..is there a limit to upload videos? i already got like 77 videos..i keep on refreshing thinking its my net issue but i don't think it is..is that option moved somewhere?

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Upload experience feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Drastically Improve Processing Time & Interface on Videos after Upload

I uploaded a 958.5mb, 3 hour & 3 minute .mp4 video of a Stream I did last night. The upload appeared to happen very quickly, but it has been stuck in Processing for hours and there is no way to determine how far it has even come.

How long should I expect for this to take? Is there any way to see how much has been processed? It looks as if this has been a problem for a very long time and I would like to know if there is anything that can be done on my end to speed…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Upload experience feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix the upload logo and banner error.

This error has been going on for years and Twitch hasn't bothered to fix it. everywhere i look to find a way to upload it without an error i get the same problem with different people. I know it goes as far back as 2016 cause thats the earliest I've found it on (/r/Twitch) Some have found solutions like going Incognito or deleting your history,cookies,caches,etc. I unfortunately have not found a solution and have even gone as far as emailing Twitch customer support with no reply. If anyone can help or fix the errors then please let me know. The…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Upload experience feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sort Videos & Collections by Name, Game, or Oldest/Most Recent Upload Date

Such a feature would make it easier for viewers to find what they are looking for content-wise, and for broadcasters if they need to find a pre-existing video or collection to edit or delete.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Upload experience feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Upload already online hosted videos by posting the link and .m2ts format

Vid.Me allows video uploads by just posting the link to a already online video (youtube for example). Having this feature here too would be nice.

Being able to upload .m2ts format would be great too, even if you convert it

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Upload experience feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Uploads and Processing

Upload was slow; it needs a bit of work. The only thing I'm more confused about is why Processing (after the video is done uploading) is continuously looping. There seems to be no progress with my upload once it gets to this stage... I've tried Refreshing the page and it's still ongoing.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Video Processing

Would there be a way to optimize the upload of videos from your end? It seems like both the Upload and Processing times of the new service seems greatly reduced. Also, not having a loading bar for the processing to take place is slightly irritating as someone who wants to use this feature.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Upload experience feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. quicker processing times

need to have a quicker processing frame rate so the video won't take so long to be fully "view-able"

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fix the upload logo and banner error.

This error has been going on for years and Twitch hasn't bothered to fix it. everywhere i look to find a way to upload it without an error i get the same problem with different people. I know it goes as far back as 2016 cause thats the earliest I've found it on (/r/Twitch) Some have found solutions like going Incognito or deleting your history,cookies,caches,etc. I unfortunately have not found a solution and have even gone as far as emailing Twitch customer support with no reply. If anyone can help or fix the errors then please let me know. The…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. .MKV is not supported

Can someone tell me why Twitch does not support the MKV file at this time?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Live voice and/or chat during vodcast

During vodcast, allow comments and voice over.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add upload function on phones

This idea of uploading video is very nice but how about adding this function for mobile phones based on iOs and Android? That could be very nice

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Much Better upload quality retention

I uploaded videos of really high quality and noticed that they have really bad compression after being uploaded on Twitch. I would like to see better quality retention. Below are two comparisons of the same video before and after uploading on Twitch.
    Comparison 1:
    https://ibb.co/bVVPn6 Twitch Upload
    https://ibb.co/erwKLR Original

Comparison 2:
    https://ibb.co/dm3oEm Twitch Upload
    https://ibb.co/iGbx76 Original

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. make uploading faster

faster uploading

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Videos - Great Idea, lots of Issues...

Videos are a great idea! The upload time is really slow. The way to showcase uploaded videos to your Home Page just isn't there... Really want this to be looked at more intensely to go above and beyond what YouTube provides. I want to upload here too so change it please! -GRIZZ

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I have one idea

Allow donations on uploaded videos.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I´cant upload

hi i am try upload a video of 500mg but sotp in 30 mg p fix that

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please Preserve Upload Order, Not Processing Order

When uploading multiple videos, they end up landing in your channel in the order they were processed, not the order they were uploaded. This is frustrating because it means that in order to make sure videos are presented in the order you desire, you have to wait for all previous uploads to process before you upload a new video. Please make videos appear in our upload history in the order they were uploaded, not the order they were processed.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. when there's an upload error, maybe have a code for the error type

like maybe it could give you a code and then a message with a hyperlink could come up and it'll be a list of common uploading errors like stuff with format, your internet connection, that kind of stuff. It'd let the uploader know whats going on, and when they contact twitch staff to sort it out, you'd already have an idea where to start, cause even if the code isnt on the list, the uploader could still give it to the staff.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Upload experience feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Upload Metadata Preset

It would be nice to have a preset of metadata for titel, tags and desfcription which is always used when uploading a video. So people could for example always have their affiliate links, pers. website, twitter links etc. already in the description.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Videos - Uploads, Past Broadcasts, and Highlights

Feedback and Knowledge Base