How can we improve Videos - Uploads, Past Broadcasts and Highlights?

Error Uploading Video Bug

I keep getting an error message that says "There was an error with your video. Cancel upload, or try uploading again". What is wrong here? I uploaded 6 videos just fine, and now I get this message every time I try to upload. It doesn't say what the problem is. You can see a screenshot here: http://imgur.com/qyH4CxD

19 votes
Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jason Porter shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

37 comments

Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Wayne Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem I'm having is I've uploaded a video but it's only processing for 4 months and will not allow me to stop it or delete it what should I do

• Son of Stapes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just want to add myself to the list of people having this problem. Haven't been able to upload my tuesday stream for the last few days.

• Johan Malmsten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried it myself today. I only get a non-helpful "upload failed"... Nothing else. The videos I try to upload are all h264 in mp4 wrappers and they are well under a gig in length.

They essentially are timelapsed versions of my streams.

After searching around I find this article:

https://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/articles/2909343-how-to-premiere-your-video-on-twitch

So I guess that video uploads isn't available for me since I have... Uhm... One follower (yeah, the channel is brand new and drawing pictures in Adobe Animate in complete silence isn't exactly huge viewer potential)... and therefore I am not an affiliate and by extension premieres is unavailable, which all video uploads seemingly are part of?

• Slain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the same problem.. I tried many times, is there anything I should do to fix this issue?

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have same problem today, try whit mp4, avi, flv files, all the time I see red lock after 100% load :( PLS HELP ME SOMONE :(

• Tom Bowman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just tried to upload a video and tried to do it multiple times this video was successfully uploaded to Youtube before so I know there is nothing wrong with the video also I uploaded videos successfully to Twitch months earlier so I don't know what is going on

• Mylinda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't upload my videos to Twitch. I keep getting a red error when it hits processing. Anyone else having this problem?

• VeiledSheak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OH OK, so I posted a comment here, logged out, logged back in and suddenly it's working again? XD I'll take it I guess. So people try relogging, for some reason it showed as an error for me but was actually uploaded correctly. Relogging let me publish.

• VeiledSheak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same, no reason, just "error" with a red lock. All I can do is cancel upload. I've uploaded 4 hour videos to twitch and suddenly 4 minutes is too much? What???

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the same problem. It will get to the end and say there was an error. I love how the admin’s questions are pretty much saying the problem must be on our end instead of theirs hahaha!

• Tyreece commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am experiencing similar issues as well. Any word on this being fixed at some point ?

• G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Trying to upload a 1.8gb file, and running into this problem. Really, Twitch? For once, it's not my ISP, lol.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having a similar issue: I successfully uploaded half a dozen .flv files in the past, and now I'm told that the file type isn't supported, for a 4GB .flv.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base