How can we improve Videos - Uploads, Past Broadcasts and Highlights?

Error Uploading Video Bug

I keep getting an error message that says "There was an error with your video. Cancel upload, or try uploading again". What is wrong here? I uploaded 6 videos just fine, and now I get this message every time I try to upload. It doesn't say what the problem is. You can see a screenshot here: http://imgur.com/qyH4CxD

16 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jason Porter shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mylinda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't upload my videos to Twitch. I keep getting a red error when it hits processing. Anyone else having this problem?

• VeiledSheak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OH OK, so I posted a comment here, logged out, logged back in and suddenly it's working again? XD I'll take it I guess. So people try relogging, for some reason it showed as an error for me but was actually uploaded correctly. Relogging let me publish.

• VeiledSheak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same, no reason, just "error" with a red lock. All I can do is cancel upload. I've uploaded 4 hour videos to twitch and suddenly 4 minutes is too much? What???

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the same problem. It will get to the end and say there was an error. I love how the admin’s questions are pretty much saying the problem must be on our end instead of theirs hahaha!

• Tyreece commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am experiencing similar issues as well. Any word on this being fixed at some point ?

• G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Trying to upload a 1.8gb file, and running into this problem. Really, Twitch? For once, it's not my ISP, lol.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having a similar issue: I successfully uploaded half a dozen .flv files in the past, and now I'm told that the file type isn't supported, for a 4GB .flv.

I'm having this problem as well. i did it 17 times... and the video is 18 gb and it stops at the same time... and the twitch say it can be max at 20 gb its rly frustrating pls help ! tokidamjanoski is my twitch name

• 658_Gaming commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a startup gaming channel I find this issue very frustrating. I have tried nearly 30 times to upload my vids onto my twitch channel and each and every time I get the same issue that others here are getting. To date I have contacted twitch support 3 times since mid December and still nothing, no response or reply to my inquires. Its even made worse because when i first got the automated message it asks if you have been able to upload your videos to Youtube, yes and every time on the first try too. I really want to be able to post my vids on twitch as well because I have heard they are a bit more supportive of their creators and I still plan to keep trying for the foreseeable future but man does it get annoying sometimes.

TL:DR - I just needed to vent thanks.

• msmoofy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having this problem as well. Video is encoded according to Twitch's requirements but it still fails and gives an error message. Is there some magic OBS setting for recording gameplay that the Twitch uploader likes? I've tried Chrome and MS Edge and so far nothing has worked.

I'm have that same issue but it keeps saying it's an error in getting the up load key.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

im having the same issue. i was able to upload one then every single one past that theres an error

• dragonitewolf223 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it just me, or is it a little weird that the info button vanishes after the error is visible and even more so that they don't add an easier way to retry the upload. Like imagine if someone tried to make like 37 attempts and then it still didn't work then either he wouldn't have anymore internet or his bills would be INSANE. That would suck. Good thing I know what this is now. XD

Well, doesn't look like I'll ever be doing Trove videos either...

That stinks. I JUST fixed almost all of the video quality issues (yes I was smart about it no way in hell is it have anything to do with the problem like I said b4) and also this was my only really GOOD video but the others I don't wanna get rid of. (Not like it'll fix it anyway. After all, if the issue was a video LIMIT then you'd think the testers would know and either it'd be fixed or if it was intentional they would tell us.)

I am having the exact same issue. The video is only 1.1 GB in size and fits all requirments and limitations.
        Ironically I only have 6 videos uploaded as well. Do you think that maybe the software responsible for handling our uploads (software as in the site--not the browser although I was also on Chrome) is accidentally being interpreted along with excess commands like one that could be responsible for limiting us to only 6 uploads?
        Well, it IS only in beta right now.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base