Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel: Panels, settings, profile, notification, etc

Channel: Panels, settings, profile, notification, etc

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Dear Twitch,

We are now dealing with a new threat of bot accounts. These accounts sit lurking in channel, possibly logging info of either streamers or chatters. They may be using this info for giveaway sniping, or possible future bot attacks, including viewer bots, follower bots, and even spam bots. They sit there and do nothing, they follow us to other streams we host/raid. We ban them, not like they ever say anything, but to prevent them from spreading, we need a way to KICK THEM OFF THE CHANNEL.

Recently had a run in with "Opentwitchbot" whom acknowledges that they…

593 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

161 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, I know that this is a very late response, but we’re hoping to find time to address this issue later this year. There are a few steps we’ll have to take to solve this problem in a way that will work for all streamers, but we understand the severity of the issue.

2. Before you implemented the new player you didn't need to refresh the page when a stream went live. Now you will not even notice when a stream goes live unless you refresh the page.

Example:
    Current behavior:
    1. Go to offline stream page (ex https://www.twitch.tv/reckful)
    2. Reckful starts his stream
    3. Nothing happens and the user has no idea that reckful has gone live even if he has had this tab open for hours

Wanted behavior:
    1. Go to offline stream page (ex https://www.twitch.tv/reckful)
    2. Reckful starts streaming
    3. Stream starts playing instantly

I know that this worked…

225 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. No two weeks of streaming are the same for me as a variety streamer.

Even those people who play the same game every day tend to switch up the focus point of their content.

The current 'day of the week and time' doesn't allow us to schedule any further than 7 days ahead. Instead, could we please just get a simple calendar function?

We could schedule streams much further in advance to bookmark game releases, sponsored content or even upcoming holidays/absences (giving our audience plenty more warning)

Then for those who ARE doing the same content each week, simply have…

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow streamers and/or mods to view the points for each viewer, and to add/remove points from viewers in their channel. (This will also give streamers the option to manually transfer points from any other point system.)

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Channel points would benefit from having more options. Give streamers the ability to put a redemption on a cooldown per user and per redemption so we aren't getting spammed with 10 hydration checks in one minute etc.

Allowing moderator access to channel points could be cool too. Have a redemption that we can type a command and have it work automatically. Examples:
    "Time myself out for 1 minute!" /timout [user] 60
    "Emote only chat!" /emoteonly

Even better would be a double command with a box for a time interval, so:
    "VIP for a day!" /vip [user] | duration 24:00:00 |…

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I follow quite a lot of streamers, some of which are far bigger than others, and I'm sure this is a common problem. If there was an option to pin a channel, so it was always on your sidebar when they're online, regardless of viewer count, it would be super convenient. Would also help the smaller streamers along most likely!
    Just a small thing which would be nice I think :)
    Thanks!

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Instead of your followed channels on the Homepage being sorted by viewer ammount it would be nice if I could rearrange or change the sorting so the biggest streamer isnt at the top for me (by default its fine). I like to watch smaller streamers and having to click showmore once or twice everytime Im on twitch to see if theyre streaming is getting annoying especially after I miss a stream every now and then.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Having a channel-specific badge that viewers can display could be a great way to allow users to flaunt long-term viewership in a channel. Similar to the way that a channel-specific bit badge operates, viewers could choose to invest Channel Points in to this badge which would upgrade to a fancier version at whatever cutoff points Twitch decides upon. This can also serve as a good catch-all purpose Channel Points redemption for channels that don't have or want extensive Channel Point options available.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. A lot of military veterans use streaming as a way to connect to the community and re-integrate with society. This would allow other veteran streamers find and support other veterans in there pursuit of building a safe community for veterans.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I think it would be useful to be able to toggle panels on/off instead of having to remove them and re-add them each time.
    For example, I'd like to have a panel with information specific to a game I'm playing, but if I'm playing a different game I'd like to turn it off temporarily and not have to worry about setting it up all over when I go back to the other game.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Being able to personalize moderator and VIP badges could be a great addition to give originality to the channels and with the logos related to their channel.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I think as a matter of principal, a streamer should be able to reset everyone's channel points down to 0 if they choose. It's their channel and they should have the ability to reset everything back to square one. I have a personal experience to why I really require a reset button for this.

I enabled channel points way back when the feature was first introduced with the intent of adding custom redemptions down the line. Well last month I added them and I'm in the predicament where I can't set values for them fairly. I have people who have…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add a list of options to choose from for a channel point redemption. For example I allow users to change the stream layout. Rather than having 3 separate icons I could have one and they can choose the option. The output in chat would be the same as if they typed the message out. I'd also like them to be able to change the greenscreen background and adding 3 or 4 more redemption options would start to clutter the points screen.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. To my friends on Twitch,

Affiliates work hard to make their channels great. It would be excellent to have the ability to have a badge next to our names, similarly to the verified badge Partners get but obviously with a subtle difference.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. What else do we need in our Nerd Life? Correct, the new Category from Digimon 2020 TCG.

Please vote this Up guys <3

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1. Being able to convert channel points into bits to use for that specific channel where you collected the channel points. Twitch can set an amount that would be beneficial to them and the Broadcaster.

2. Being able to use the channel points to subscribe to the channel. I mean we are there watching and supporting the broadcaster but it would bring in more viewers and watch time if the channel points actually mean something and is useful.

Example where channel points don't matter at all is at Maximilian_Dood's channel who is one of my favorite broadcasters. I have accrued so many…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hello, I follow a lot of people on Twitch, a lot of people have not started streaming yet, will probably do it soon or will not stream at all.

I find it impossible that the channel follow limit is 2000 follow.

Please increase the number to at least 10000 channel follows, so that I can follow more than 2000 channels & users.

Even on Youtube there is no channel following limit!

Please increase this, I have to delete users from my channel list all the time, which annoys me a lot.

I also find it very dubious for a streaming…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. There's currently a limit per stream for each redemption. But, it would be great to have a limit of redemptions per user to mitigate any forms of spamming rewards in the chat.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Hello!

I am developing an integration with the channel points redemption pubsub that allows viewers to interact with the streamer’s game. For example, they can set the character on fire, make them invisible, etc.

The issue I am running into is that there appears to be a hard cap of 25 custom rewards available per channel. This limits the number of unique interactions that can be redeemed via the interface. A possible workaround is to group multiple rewards together and perform levenshtein distance on user input. However, it would be desirable to set a unique cost, description, and image to…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. My viewers expressed their deception many times to me about only being able to unlock the tier 1 emotes with channel points. most of the could not afford a subscription so being able to use channel points was a blessing. unfortunately, i only have 2 tier 1 emotes to unlock and those who already have a subscription are not even able to unlock emotes. Its unfortunate for them and for the artist who worked hard for the emotes and doesn't see her work used as much as it could.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?