Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel: Panels, settings, profile, notification, etc

Channel: Panels, settings, profile, notification, etc

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Dear Twitch,

We are now dealing with a new threat of bot accounts. These accounts sit lurking in channel, possibly logging info of either streamers or chatters. They may be using this info for giveaway sniping, or possible future bot attacks, including viewer bots, follower bots, and even spam bots. They sit there and do nothing, they follow us to other streams we host/raid. We ban them, not like they ever say anything, but to prevent them from spreading, we need a way to KICK THEM OFF THE CHANNEL.

Recently had a run in with "Opentwitchbot" whom acknowledges that they…

592 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

161 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, I know that this is a very late response, but we’re hoping to find time to address this issue later this year. There are a few steps we’ll have to take to solve this problem in a way that will work for all streamers, but we understand the severity of the issue.

2. Before you implemented the new player you didn't need to refresh the page when a stream went live. Now you will not even notice when a stream goes live unless you refresh the page.

Example:
    Current behavior:
    1. Go to offline stream page (ex https://www.twitch.tv/reckful)
    2. Reckful starts his stream
    3. Nothing happens and the user has no idea that reckful has gone live even if he has had this tab open for hours

Wanted behavior:
    1. Go to offline stream page (ex https://www.twitch.tv/reckful)
    2. Reckful starts streaming
    3. Stream starts playing instantly

I know that this worked…

224 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please let us delete Followers. I had some trolls in my channel, creating stupid usernames including my channelname.

I reported them over a week now and twitch is doing nothing. This accounts still exist....

I dont want them in my follower list! I dont want them to get a mail, when i go live to remember them "Hej, he is online again, lets get there and troll him again"!
    If someone is trolling, following and gets a mail everytime, when the streamer is going live, he can start over and over to create troll accounts.
    So: PLEASE! Let use remove…

178 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. No two weeks of streaming are the same for me as a variety streamer.

Even those people who play the same game every day tend to switch up the focus point of their content.

The current 'day of the week and time' doesn't allow us to schedule any further than 7 days ahead. Instead, could we please just get a simple calendar function?

We could schedule streams much further in advance to bookmark game releases, sponsored content or even upcoming holidays/absences (giving our audience plenty more warning)

Then for those who ARE doing the same content each week, simply have…

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow streamers and/or mods to view the points for each viewer, and to add/remove points from viewers in their channel. (This will also give streamers the option to manually transfer points from any other point system.)

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Recently, small raids (under 5 viewers) stopped showing up in chat, which excludes small streamers from getting recognized by the streamer. For large streamers it makes sense to set the limit to a higher number, but smaller streamers may want to acknowledge even a 1 or 2 person raid. Letting mods change this setting on the fly will prevent a possible raid notification spam

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Channel points would benefit from having more options. Give streamers the ability to put a redemption on a cooldown per user and per redemption so we aren't getting spammed with 10 hydration checks in one minute etc.

Allowing moderator access to channel points could be cool too. Have a redemption that we can type a command and have it work automatically. Examples:
    "Time myself out for 1 minute!" /timout [user] 60
    "Emote only chat!" /emoteonly

Even better would be a double command with a box for a time interval, so:
    "VIP for a day!" /vip [user] | duration 24:00:00 |…

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I follow quite a lot of streamers, some of which are far bigger than others, and I'm sure this is a common problem. If there was an option to pin a channel, so it was always on your sidebar when they're online, regardless of viewer count, it would be super convenient. Would also help the smaller streamers along most likely!
    Just a small thing which would be nice I think :)
    Thanks!

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Dear Twitch,

Hello, I am one of users who use your services.
    Recently, I found out that I couldn't follow other channels. So, I'm looking for the reason why i can't follow the other channels.
    Then I found out that Twitch users can only follow 2,000 channels.
    Though 2,000 seems like a large enough number, but it means 'following' is a resource that will be exhausted one day.
    I've told the problem on Twitch Support service, but the only answer I've got is that "We can't tell when the problem is solved, but we will solve it someday."
    If so,…

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Instead of your followed channels on the Homepage being sorted by viewer ammount it would be nice if I could rearrange or change the sorting so the biggest streamer isnt at the top for me (by default its fine). I like to watch smaller streamers and having to click showmore once or twice everytime Im on twitch to see if theyre streaming is getting annoying especially after I miss a stream every now and then.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I am not a streamer but I watch Twitch every day for hours. I would like a customizable homepage that I can launch everytime I come on. This homepage would have all streams I follow, top games right now, top streamers right now, top communities right now (maybe also communities I follow), top clips from streams I follow (where you can toggle by 24 hours, 7 days, 1 month etc). Everything customizable so that you can create your own little 'home'.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Having a channel-specific badge that viewers can display could be a great way to allow users to flaunt long-term viewership in a channel. Similar to the way that a channel-specific bit badge operates, viewers could choose to invest Channel Points in to this badge which would upgrade to a fancier version at whatever cutoff points Twitch decides upon. This can also serve as a good catch-all purpose Channel Points redemption for channels that don't have or want extensive Channel Point options available.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I would love to see animated GIF support for my stream panels or even larger filesizes permitted. Currently there is a 1 megabyte limit on file size.

Since twitch loads the video stream first and doesn't load the panels until the user attempts to scroll down, the increased file size allowance would not impact the load time of a broadcast.

Animated GIF, MP4 or MOV support would greatly increase the control and polish available to broadcasters

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Panels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Most advertisements you get in emails at least give you the option to unsubscribe. I know what games and I'm not interested in free loot or whatever. The world has too much click bait already.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. A lot of military veterans use streaming as a way to connect to the community and re-integrate with society. This would allow other veteran streamers find and support other veterans in there pursuit of building a safe community for veterans.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I think it would be useful to be able to toggle panels on/off instead of having to remove them and re-add them each time.
    For example, I'd like to have a panel with information specific to a game I'm playing, but if I'm playing a different game I'd like to turn it off temporarily and not have to worry about setting it up all over when I go back to the other game.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Being able to personalize moderator and VIP badges could be a great addition to give originality to the channels and with the logos related to their channel.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add a list of options to choose from for a channel point redemption. For example I allow users to change the stream layout. Rather than having 3 separate icons I could have one and they can choose the option. The output in chat would be the same as if they typed the message out. I'd also like them to be able to change the greenscreen background and adding 3 or 4 more redemption options would start to clutter the points screen.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I think as a matter of principal, a streamer should be able to reset everyone's channel points down to 0 if they choose. It's their channel and they should have the ability to reset everything back to square one. I have a personal experience to why I really require a reset button for this.

I enabled channel points way back when the feature was first introduced with the intent of adding custom redemptions down the line. Well last month I added them and I'm in the predicament where I can't set values for them fairly. I have people who have…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A while back the main graph on Channel Analytics changed to show statistics based on the day instead of the stream. This means that if you stream past midnight, you get two bars, one for the statistics before midnight, the other for the statistics after midnight.

Statistics on Twitch are almost only relevant per stream, not day, and this change has made it a much less helpful representation.

Please change this back!

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?