Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

778 results found

1. I am from Ukraine and I don't want to watch Russian ads. We have our own language (Ukrainian) wich is completely different from Russian. Please show ads to Ukrainian users either in Ukrainian or English.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Right now theres not enough control over how a streamer runs an their stream with the new mid-rolling. However, a feature that can be added is to disable for 20 - 30 minutes mid-rolls for the stream per 30 second ad break and mid and pre-roll per 60 second. That way, a streamer can plan their ad breaks and work around them, especially for competitive games like overwatch, LOL, CSGO, etc. Even for non-competitive games, allowing a streamer the ability to control the flow of the stream by implementing an ad break to avoid mid rolls allows them to build…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Everytime a series of ads run on twitch, the volume resets after every ad to an absurdily high volume. If I set the volume down to 0 or 1%, with the original stream volume being at say 50%, the volume of the ad resets to 50% every ad.
    Stupidly annoying.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Any ad ran, either manually or through the Ad Manager should count towards the creators 3 minutes per hour of required ad time in order to earn the 55% split. After reading the following text in the Ad Manager support page, it became clear that manually running ads while I am taking a quick break to stretch or grab a drink, those ads are actually hurting my overall revenue split.

Can Affiliates earn 55% ad revenue splits by running ads manually, or via a third party tool?
    No. Only ads run via Ads Manager (at 3 minutes or more per…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I'm a small streamer, there's so many out there like me, and I do speedruns. People can miss things during the runs, ask me things then miss replies or leave during a pre-roll. I had them turned off but now it's forced on people because of Amazons profit-first approach. You're turning people away and, frankly, ruining something I enjoy doing. And I know I'm not the only one who feels that way. Small streamers earn almost nothing, we put content out there that you make money from, but are most at risk of losing the few viewers they have. Just…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. What was the idea with ads that automatically play in the middle of a stream. Here I am enjoying watching my favorite streamer during a big moment then all of a sudden they are not only minimized to a super small box in the top right, but the sound to their stream is cut off in favor of the ad. Twitch said during their new ads this would not happen and they also said the ads would be non-disruptive by appearing in a small box at the bottom of the stream... this is clearly not the case. Who thought these…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. As rich as Amazon is you do not need commercials as much as you show them in streams and obviously your not going to get rid of ads. Find a way to show ads where it will not interrupt stream watching. Maybe a tiny box with an ad in stream where is someone is interested in the ad they can click on it. This way you get a true click number for you data. But I guarantee you that your numbers will be low because people cannot stand commercials. Watching these ads pop up ****** people off . Why do…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Give us more autonomy in the Ads manager beyond the sliders. Right now in the ads manager we’re confined to sliders however I would love the ability to manually place ad blocks in the ad manger for more precise control on the timing of ads.

Example: I would love to run my ads automatically at the top of every hour on my stream so that I can schedule my breaks then and chat won’t miss out on any action while ads are running but the way the sliders are set up currently doesn’t make this possible. Having the ability to…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The size of a channel matters when you are looking to make ad revenue. Larger audiences are likely to have a larger number of potential ad viewers. Obviously, the sub/non-sub viewer ratio is important, but larger channels are likely to have a higher potential for ad revenue than smaller channels.

Scaling the time needed to disable pre-roll ads will encourage smaller channels to run ads. When pre-roll ads are disabled, there is a higher chance a new viewer will enter the channel potentially helping to grow that channel.

To "tag" along with the idea, add a tag under a preview…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Can Black Lives Matter ads please NOT be shown? or can I have an option to NOT SEE BLM ADS?

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Affiliates don’t earn enough from ads to have to deal with the headache of them consistently rolling when they’re gaming or whatever content they’re doing! We should have the option to TRUELY DISABLE THEM or have a timer when the next one is gonna show, YouTube has a marker that shows when an ad is gonna run, I get with live streaming that isn’t possible but if I know the times they’re gonna run, I’ll be sure to not start a game or pause the video or stop my content for the 3 minutes it’s gonna run, so my community…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Pre-Rolls Need To End: A huge majority of people aren't sitting through an unskippable 3-5 min ad to see someone they've never watched before. As a creator I would much rather be required to run 1-2 ads within a stream at a chosen time, than these pre-rolls scaring off new people. At having to run one, I can do it in a natural pause of a game so nobody misses a major moment.

2. Mid-Rolls: If you insist on this awful feature we can't control, they should not take up the entire screen unless clicked on. Pop them in the corner…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Never in my life have I bought something because of an Ad on the internet and that will never change. On top of that the pre-roll Ads are preventing me from viewing new streams. I'm never going to click a new streamer and be like "okay cool i'll wait this 30 seconds to see if I even like the streamer", if you're going to force pre-roll ads then put it in a window in the corner and adjust the volume so I can hear both the Ad and stream. Or better yet don't try to force them on people!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. What is this? because this is happening on my channel, and in my lives, it is not generating any revenue, what is the intention of this? and why is this showing up? what's the use of doing 12 hours of live, 18 hours of live not having any income, being an affiliate, how am I going to grow, working for free... could you tell me something, I don't know what the communication channels are for, why no one answers, or gives an opinion, or solves something, they seem to do it on purpose...

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently, affiliates are able to schedule 3 min of ads an hour to achieve 55% ad share, an increase from 35%. However, partners are only promised the 55% through the ad incentive program. Why? This makes applying for partner a potential downgrade, as if you get bad offers (which happens) you can't simply use the auto ad manager to make as much as you should.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. This is awful. I want to receive bits that I can use for whoever I want. I don't want to watch an ad with a moshpit of people I don't know for only ONE streamer. As an individual consumer, I am allowed to watch multiple people, and should be allowed to award multiple people with bits. Why fix something when it isn't broken?

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I don’t know what made someone think adding an ad about batteries (I believe) that involves a smoke detector going off right at the start was a great ad revenue option. I can think of literally thousands of other ads that I’d prefer to encounter. Horrific for headphone users. Can’t imagine trying to watch a stream late at night and having that ad be the one to go off. Absolutely unpleasant experience.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. These are some ideas to improve the experience of the user when trying to find new channels to watch.

1. Disable pre-roll ads for streamers with few viewers. Right now the user is actively punished for switching channels and this actively harms the discoverability on the platform.

2. Add a cool down since the last ad was played before a pre-roll can be triggered again. A value as little as 5-10 minutes could greatly improve the experience.

3. When running ads not triggered by the streamer it should continue showing the stream (eg. picture in picture with the stream audio muted). Right now…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ads have an impact on viewer retention. When someone new comes to a stream, an ad can discourage them from waiting - and simply close the tab. That hinders growth. However, self-run midrolls (to disable prerolls) may have the same effect...

If we can see the impact that running a dreaded midroll can have on our potential to bring in new viewers - the friction against running ads may be lessened.

So my question: When will there be information on our dashboard analytics on how many people leave during a preroll versus midroll?

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. This site is used by many different people. Some of us suffer from/have recovered from addiction problems. I myself had a gambling addiction, and it is incredibly hard to not lapse back into it. You banned gambling on streams, so why promote adverts for gambling? I extend this idea to alcohol adverts, too, as I have seen many users express concern as recovering alcoholics, that these adverts may lead them to a relapse.

I'd also like to point out that the minimum age for this website is 13 years old. Why are you promoting these sorts of things on a…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?