Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Since there aren't different levels of ads and family friendly streamer have to tolerate all ads and some not appropriate, was wondering if Twitch would consider the idea if streamers could create their own ads perhaps select from a list of recommended material that Twitch would want their streamers to create ads from.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Bits for Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Like you can enable/disable showing followers.

Even feature to remove followers from your list especially one who just follow you with trollish names to troll you.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Why is there no video quality setting for ads? I'm sure this has come up before but it's just annoying sometimes to get a thirty second ad and have it take 2 minutes to run. If there was some way a user could change the ad video quality setting or in quality settings to "play all ads in [this quality]".

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I receiving a purple ad page about adblock but mine is off.

Here is some feedback https://youtu.be/M5U-EJu2ZNQ

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. i keep getting ads about alcohol and i have a history with that substance and i wish to not see it on my channel specifically and wish to turn any alcohol related ads off as 80% of the ads i get are bud light. i wish to just not see that on my account at all

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Banners are better and make them so that I don't miss content. Plus being able to remove them after few seconds of seeing them would also be

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. How about for each ad you roll you give back to your community and give 100 bits per ad. I'm missing out on a minimum of 30 seconds of live content. Make it worth my while.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bits for Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Part of the issue that the currently implementation of ads completely passes over is audio. Twitch did a lot of work to add this new picture-in-picture mode, that moves the stream above chat, so the audience isn't "missing" anything. However this is a flawed idea.

You see, visuals to a stream are only 50% at a maximum and can be even less depending on the content. That's where audio and interaction come in. A large number of viewers come to interact with streamers. They come to see and hear the streamers reactions to awesome moments in games, esports, announcements. They…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. ‪From what I’m seeing ppl talk about the main problem is that streamers don’t know when the ads are happening, they won’t to have control over it and they don’t want to miss important moments. so I think the best way for you guys to do it would be as a notification warning the streamer to show an ad in ___ mins or an auto ad will run.‬ this way the streamer has some control and should hopefully be able to run the ad out of match or pause to take a quick break well the ad runs

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Change quality setting = ad plays
    Open a stream on your desktop you already have open on your mobile = ad plays
    Switch between audio only and video on mobile = ad plays
    Pause a stream and come back after a couple mins = ad plays

Can we keep it to an ad ONLY plays once when you first open a stream, unless the streamer sets for ads to play every X mins. You can keep track of this via the account and not muddy the waters with only local app tracking.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Every time I log in to my account, I am greeted with a possibiltiy to manage personalized ads, and it looks like this: https://i.imgur.com/8HUIhPP.png

By default, everything should be off unless I explicitly state I allow gathering my data.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ads on Twitch, just what we F needed! I hate ads, don't want to see them ever. I have been born in a world full of ads and I can't stand it anymore, stop shoving unwanted shit into my eyes and ears.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I am now unable to watch a Twitch channel I am not subscribed to. I get a purple screen for 60 seconds frequently enough that it blocks my ability to watch. FYI my adblocker has been turned off for Twitch for years so that I am able to support streamers and Twitch. I can't even watch the ads to provide revenue, all I see is the purple screen message. I should not be punished just for having one installed.
    Fix your programing, your greed is now punishing people who actually try to give you ad revenue. I'm really starting to…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Oh, hi!
    Didn't see you there, that's because there's a purple message box covering the entire stream. It says that 3rd party browser extensions can decrease the quality of the stream-viewing experience. But given that the stream was just fine running at 1080p 60 fps and the only issue i've had is that box blocking the view (and muting the sound) for 30 seconds, i'd call this a big Kappa. Here's something else fun, whenever the timer reaches 0 for the 1st time, it resets. Gee I sure am glad that those "technical issues" caused by browser addons are now…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I can't watch anything on Twitch, every 5 minutes I receive AD. Stop these advertisements ... I don't pay Prime for that. I can't see the streamers. Where's the pleasurable experience of watching lives? I see more AD than the streamer. This is worse than YouTube. Especially because Youtube Premium does not have AD

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Never in my life have I bought something because of an Ad on the internet and that will never change. On top of that the pre-roll Ads are preventing me from viewing new streams. I'm never going to click a new streamer and be like "okay cool i'll wait this 30 seconds to see if I even like the streamer", if you're going to force pre-roll ads then put it in a window in the corner and adjust the volume so I can hear both the Ad and stream. Or better yet don't try to force them on people!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 30-second ads are ridiculous. Not even YouTube has 30-second ads. It takes way too long to sit through an ad just to see what's going on in a stream. The max should be 15 seconds, no more.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ads on twitch are too intrusive and impact chat's enjoyment of streams. So it would be great if instead of stopping us from watching the stream during ads, the small screen that appears at the top of chat would play ads (muted by default) at different time intervals.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. These ads are absolutely egregious. It's actually even worse than Network Television. It wouldn't be nearly so unbearable if it worked like Youtube and if the break was longer than like 20 seconds, you could choose to skip the ads after about 5 I might consider continuing to use this platform, as is when I go a channel and have to sit through a 30 second commercial realize I'm not actually that eager to be watching this streamer, and go somewhere else, usually off of Twitch.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I've seen multiple people talking about this on reddit and twitter, there seems to be a fair few people who are experiencing distorted audio after an ad plays. Seems to mostly be firefox users.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?