Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Alright, let’s be real here. The only people on Twitch that would use this feature and actually earn a few bits off of it would be large creators. Once again, let’s be real... do these large creators give two hamburger crumbs about bits? No. The only thing that they would care about is actually earning real currency off of ads. And ads don’t give you anything at all really so...

The people that will care about bits and want bits would be people that don’t stream or unpopular streamers. Let’s say you’re a unpopular streamer. How much bits would you…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Multiplayer Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. What I would like to see is people who hold multiple concurrent subscriptions, say 4 or 5 and up, to be allowed to have a site-wide advertisement-free experience.

Currently Turbo is the only option for an ad-free experience site-wide. Prime used to have it, but it was removed as a benefit for Prime (even though Prime costs more). Personally I find Turbo to be very unappealing for its cost, especially when I already have Prime which comes with most of its other perks.

I'd rather spend that money unlocking emotes in other streamer's channels as I feel it makes me…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can Black Lives Matter ads please NOT be shown? or can I have an option to NOT SEE BLM ADS?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ad Specific Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. If I sit through a preroll, I don't want to watch the stream for 15 seconds and then also sit through a midroll or an ad from the streamer. Shared Cooldown at the very least please

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. SDAs look like a huge improvement over the existing ads. Thank you for experimenting with this. Please continue. Please expand this. This is an excellent initiative and I appreciate it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Display Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. having pre roll count down on the twitch chat similar to where the hype train is - so streamers dont need to keep an additional browser source open to watch the dashboard.

Id like to be able to tell from within my obs software when ads are playing

you want us to run ads - please make it accessible and easy for us to do so from within our streaming software so the process isn't disruptive for viewers.

not good with photo editing but heres an example of how it could look

https://twitter.com/ellerows/status/1369553181076815876

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. ads are not an enjoyable experience no matter how you try to present them. Don't be like everyone else and force them on people. Find another way. Do something different.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Picture-In-Picture  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The idea came up because for some reason people are getting Russian ads in Lithuania (and other near by regions) instead of English. New generation don't speak Russian, so it would be cool to have ads default in English. People could always just switch to Russian if they want to.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ad Specific Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Specifically the Bissel ad with the loud firework noise. It sets my dogs off every time and I've recently just started watching Youtube instead just to avoid that commerical.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ad Specific Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Didnt appear any ads after i set up schedule run ads during the broadcast, but its was noting ads run on my stream for a week!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Currently you can only space ads AT MOST by 1 hour, but some content doesn't really lend itself well to that. The same logic applies to the initial delay just like 1 hour isn't enough, there's no way 30 minutes is enough. All this makes the manager basically unusable. Maybe an option to make the first ad shorter? I think the manager is a great idea for people like me that want to run ads but keep forgetting, but it's too rigid in its current state if your content needs to not be cut off by an ad

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make it an option to play ads while your stream is static (meaning the streamer is not at the computer) This would be a great way for streamers to remove pre-rolls without sacrificing any content for the viewers watching.

How it would work: Twitch detects a static screen in a channel with the settings enabled. It then sends out a 30 second ad (Configurable by the streamer) The streamer comes back with a happy audience and with pre-rolls disabled for newcomers.

I'm no developer but I'm sure there's a drop in bitrate used whenever the screen is static, there's also…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. For example, getting so many ads about hotels trying to convince people to travel and spread a pandemic that just took the lives of family and friends. Also wanted to mention how much this ableism disregards the safety the disabled community.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ad Specific Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I think there should be a way to "watch ad later". Lets say you can "save" up to like three ads to watch in another time. Once the limit is reached, you are "forced" to watch them. This would be good because sometimes we get in a stream in key moments and/or ads come up during key moments of the stream. That way we can save the ads for a moment when nothing really is happening on the stream or the streamer is taking a break.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I don’t know what made someone think adding an ad about batteries (I believe) that involves a smoke detector going off right at the start was a great ad revenue option. I can think of literally thousands of other ads that I’d prefer to encounter. Horrific for headphone users. Can’t imagine trying to watch a stream late at night and having that ad be the one to go off. Absolutely unpleasant experience.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The latest offender is the Adidas feelgood "save the oceans" shoe advert that makes me want to puke

Lets turn plastic bottles into fine plastic threads that break down even faster into human reproductive hormone disturbing, blood brain barrier passing, bioaccumulating microplastics! Sounds like a good plan to save the oceans, depopulate the planet!

Stop promoting this garbage. These companies are criminal, their greenwashing is actively harmful. The solution they are marketing is WORSE than just burying bottles in the ground. Stop assisting them in their quest to destroy the ecosystem and hasten the decline of human population.

Be better.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The streamer I moderate for has a contract with Twitch where they have to run ads every hour. Sometimes they are busy with the game they are playing. Rather than having to post in chat a bunch to get their attention, it would help if moderators had the ability to start ads. Along with this, the moderators can't tell if the ads are successfully running if they are subbed. We have to constantly pester the streamer to know if they did ads on time. If there was some way for us to know the ads are running it would help…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. How about get rid of the bloody ads after we pay for a twitch sub? i am getting of sick of seeing ads every single time, sick of seeing ads covering content, sick of seeing the video hang but the vocals keep going so i have to refresh then i get another bloody ad. Sort your stupid ads out, i am not interested in paying for ads.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. currently you have ads playing in the main screen taking over volume as well as preventing people from hearing the stream while you push the stream into a small player above chat without sound. for many games this makes it impossible to keep up with whats going on especially with the random timing you've now introduced into the ad plays now that its out of the control of the streamer.

if you could swap the ad and the mini stream and not force the ads volume to mute the stream the ad could play effortlessly without really bothering anyone especially…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Picture-In-Picture  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Give us the option to completely disable ads by "paying" you for the loss through taking a bit more of the revenue.

In my channel analysis ad income is less than 2% of the overall income, but (especially) pre rolls extremely reduced channel growth - which obviously would have raised my channel income much more than thos 2% for ads.

The numbers may vary from channel to channel, which is the reason to make it optional:
    - No money loss for Twitch.
    - Every streamer can decide for themselves, which is the best option.

Thanks for reading and have a…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?