Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

767 results found

1. I have intense anxiety and suffer from chronic nightmares; not being able to safely peruse twitch is greatly affecting my safety as a user. Add an option to filter/opt out of triggering ads, or at least implement a way to report distressing ads. This would improve the user experience for people with anxiety, PTSD, paranoia, and even those who prefer family friendly streams. Not having this as an option is ableist and alienating a large portion of your user base.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It is somewhat annoying to sit through a buffering high quality ad for a minute before returning to the stream.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Just a huge idea regarding an extreme annoyance. When I am watching a Twitch video on a channel I am not subscribed to, upon pausing the video I then click play/resume and a new set of Ads appears, even if I just paused the video only a minute ago and just finished a round of Ads. What is this??? This is a bit ridiculous. Does Twitch not have the technology to know that I just watched Ads only a minute ago when I paused the video?

For example, I am watching a gaming channel where I write down strategies, and…

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The idea of rewarding only the creator for every vote seems like a wasted opportunity for me, normal ads do that already.

Instead, what about giving back to both, the creator and the viewer?

The way I understand it, every vote seems to get a certain value (e.g. 5 bits) which will then be all added together and sent to the creator after the ad is over.

What if instead of bits, this value would be divided into gifted subs and every participant then gets a chance to win one of them, while any possible remainder gets paid in bits…

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add the option to instead of just cutting away the part of the stream that continue to run even when an ad interrupts it, the stream is paused at the same moment the ads start. Then when the ad ends, you continue where you left off, but the VOD is speed up by an amount you select, e.g. x2 until you catch up to the live stream, at which point you go back to the live stream.

Another option that would be nice if some full screen ads with audio was traded for silent banner ads, and that you get…

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Would love to get more information on how automated mid-rolls will work -- and specifically instruction for streamers on how to avoid them, if possible.

In short, the idea your stream would be interrupted without your control is a scary concept. Either it's going to be better for streamers to control the mid-roll experience themselves, or the experience is something more experimental that isn't clear (vs. simply interrupting a stream).

In the Twitch Support initial Tweet it says "these [mid-roll ads] won't run if the viewer has an ad break." Can you clarify? FAQ seems to be missing how to…

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When you report an ad, maybe like saying "this isn't relevant to my interests" Stop playing it nonstop after that. Seems like a easy idea and i shouldn't have to suggest it, but your feedback is just a waste of time (At least it certainly feels like it). If I select playback issue and select "this advertisement is not relevant to my interests) (REF: Doordash) then it should play less like on Twitter/X. What is the problem here at Twitch? Seems like you have the technology, Twitter does, and it works, so Twitch should and so you can reasonably determine…

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Editors had access to change the ad density for months and you just took away the permission with this new update.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Run a check and see how many times you've shown me the same audible ad it must be around 50 times. please make sure there's a variety of ads. or a means after like showing me it 3-5 times to ask for a different ad as I'm clearly not interested in buying it and you could be advertising me things I actually want to buy.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Remove ads from people streaming below a certain viewer amount.

Good god, it's so incredibly frustrating to go to people who have maybe 10-50 viewers, and you get a 30 second unskippable ad. I understand big events having ads, I understand people with 100-500 viewers getting ads. But when I visit a friend who's streaming with 4 viewers, and I get ads, it royally pisses me off. Your ads are becoming more annoying to deal with than YT advertisings.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Currently, in the Ad Manager, you can set ad breaks to be up to 3 minutes, but 90 seconds is the maximum amount to disable pre-rolls (30 minutes). Why not allow to disable pre-rolls for the full hour if you set the Ad Manager to 3 minutes? Running an ad every 30 minutes is way too disruptive. I am incapable of taking breaks when I speedrun for a full 100 minutes, it it impossible for me to adjust the three disruptions that would occur so that no one misses an important fight or trick. If it was ONE break of…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I know that twitch has been looking into ways to get around AdBlock and whatnot to ensure that ads get played, but: Consider less intrusive/annoying/irritating advertising. The majority of people are using AdBlock because they find ads annoying. You know, that stereotype CONGRATS YOU'VE WON A FREE PRIZE!!! flashing ad kind of thing?

If you were to make twitch advertising less intrusive, I believe it would help. Twitch ads already aren't that bad, but they could be improved in a number of possible ways:

• Make the advertisement only hijack the video feed, not the audio. With the advertisements jumping…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. If you are going to have midrolls you need to provide us tools to work with the midrolls as best we can as creators. Enough people have given you a reason it is a bad idea. I am offering up ideas to make it at least workable if you continue this route.

• We need a countdown on the streamer dash and the mod view on when the next ad will roll. Like a producer would have.
    • We need a limited ability to push back an adroll. Like a one time 2 minute snooze button, or a trigger early button.
    • We…
    36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hey Twitch team. The possibility to get a share of the ad revenue is a great feature. Unfortunately this can make everything around streaming (Taxes etc.) complicated. Where I'm from (Austria) an ad revenue makes everything much more complicated (I don´t go into detail here). So a option to opt out from this share would be great to have.
    Probably there are similar cases for other country. And even if not, this would help most of the Austrian creators.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Running midrolls every 30 minutes to prevent pre-rolls is insane. A single midroll as a streamer with 50-100 viewers will lose me half of my viewers per adrun.

This is not something I'll EVER do. The running of midroll ads simply is not something that's viable in any way ever for small streamers..

Give me an option to run a non-intrusive ad that does NOT interrupt live content and sure, I'll run it to prevent pre-rolls. But cutting the entire stream? Never ever

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I have been a part of the Ad Incentive Program since March-April of this year trying various ad lengths and seeing the consequences of longer ad running times. For context I have been Streaming on the platform full time since early 2019.

One major perk to any level of Ad Program offer is that Streaming has become more sustainable for specific partners like myself.

A major issue is that offers CANNOT be renegotiated. If you receive an offer for 1 min, 2 mins, 3 mins per hour one month, your next month could be a minimum of 5 mins per…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Simple put, this system is poorly designed and problematic. What it creates is a system where only the larger creators will see any amount of money, due to how low of value a single bit is. The creator you show on the help page only gets 5 bucks. My problem with this feature is that it doesn't address any of the problems with regular bits, and allows for even easier abuse of the system, unless you have extra stuff in place to decide who's vote counts for bits, will mean that people could bot their stream and get a ton…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Currently, the Ad Incentive Program presents you three offers every month. It's on a take it or leave it basis. I find there is a big issue with this though. The amount of money you are offered is fine. The amount of hours you are required to stream for a month is fine. The thing that doesn't make sense is the amount of minutes of ads per hour you are required to run.

I have received offers in two months now where the lowest ads per hour requirement was 4 minutes, and I have even seen some people with their…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. give streamers an incentive to run ads instead of forcing a garbage system that will block important moments

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Today (August 17th) a new feature has apparently rolled out because I have not experienced this before. While watching TeePee, I was keeping my volume on Twitch around 10% as I was doing some other work. When he put his Ad-Roll on (which I don't have a problem with), I was instead BLASTED by Ads sounds overriding the Twitch volume control. I was able to reset it back down, but each subsequent ad turned the volume RIGHT BACK UP.

This is completely unacceptable and forced me to turn off the stream. So if driving away viewers is the goal, then…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Interest  ·  Ana responded

Hi, thanks for your feedback!

This status is to let you know your idea has been reviewed. Your idea is open for voting/comments from other Twitch community members. This is a great time to share your idea with others. Learn more about status updates here.

---

For the community: If you like this idea or relate to the feedback provided, please vote on it. If you have any additional thoughts - feel free to add on in the comments.

• Don't see your idea?