Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When streamers run ads, pause the stream and resume it from the same spot after the ads are finished. Then give viewers the ability to fast forward back to live when there is a dull moment in the stream. Ads can still be aired without content being missed.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It is somewhat annoying to sit through a buffering high quality ad for a minute before returning to the stream.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Run a check and see how many times you've shown me the same audible ad it must be around 50 times. please make sure there's a variety of ads. or a means after like showing me it 3-5 times to ask for a different ad as I'm clearly not interested in buying it and you could be advertising me things I actually want to buy.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Most of the streamers I watch usually play on the same roleplay server, and my average viewing session consists of constantly changing channels to see the roleplay from another perspective. Pre-roll ads are the biggest annoyance for me. Every single time I swap to a new channel I'm forced to sit through the same **** 30 second ad, and miss a large portion of whatever reason I was swapping perspectives. Random mid-roll ads can be just as bad, causing me to miss entertaining spontaneous situations.

I hate ads, but if ads are absolutely necessary at least leave it to the…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Change quality setting = ad plays
    Open a stream on your desktop you already have open on your mobile = ad plays
    Switch between audio only and video on mobile = ad plays
    Pause a stream and come back after a couple mins = ad plays

Can we keep it to an ad ONLY plays once when you first open a stream, unless the streamer sets for ads to play every X mins. You can keep track of this via the account and not muddy the waters with only local app tracking.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hey, can you guys not implement things that interrupt a stream while someone is watching it? Thanks.

Your anti-adblock message shouldn't appear when it has been disabled by the user. I don't use adblock when I'm on Twitch.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I propose that Affiliates and Partners should receive AD revenue for VODs. If Twitch is putting ADs on VODs, it is only fair that the content creator receive a share of the AD revenue generated.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I don't mind watching commercials to support channels, but I bet you a vast majority of people use Adblock because they dont want to deal with a 40 second commercial just to find out the person isn't playing the game their channel said it was, or that their voice is annoyingly loud, or that they are terrible at the game. I use adblock on my computers and would take it off in a heartbeat if this was fixed...

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would like to see a subscription to make a channel ad-free for all viewers, not just people with accounts, subscribers, followers or anything, I know turbo exists, but that's only for the person broadcasting that goes and watches someone else's channel. What about the opposite, what if a broadcaster wants the viewers to have an ad-free experience?

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. If you're going to remove an entire avenue of monetization for our community then Multiplayer Ads should be available to all Affiliates as a replacement. I do not understand why these were removed when the other avenues were not ready to be released to all of us.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multiplayer Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. give streamers an incentive to run ads instead of forcing a garbage system that will block important moments

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I wish there was a option for affiliates and Partners alike to turn off preroll ads, a lot of us especially the smaller streamers hate that this is a thing and having a option to turn it off would make a lot of our streams a lot better. The reason why I say a toggle feature is because some streamers have a living from this so its not fair for them not to have it but the smaller streamers we dont like it and it drives away a lot from us

Thank you for reading this and taking this into…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The size of a channel matters when you are looking to make ad revenue. Larger audiences are likely to have a larger number of potential ad viewers. Obviously, the sub/non-sub viewer ratio is important, but larger channels are likely to have a higher potential for ad revenue than smaller channels.

Scaling the time needed to disable pre-roll ads will encourage smaller channels to run ads. When pre-roll ads are disabled, there is a higher chance a new viewer will enter the channel potentially helping to grow that channel.

To "tag" along with the idea, add a tag under a preview…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Streaming content is muted and minimized in the corner.

After the advertisements are done playing, the stream is STILL muted.

This is frustrating because I have to interrupt what I was doing to un-mute THE THING I WAS ALREADY INVESTED IN WATCHING.

Simple solution: auto-un-mute the stream.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Picture-In-Picture  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Would be awesome if streamer that are payed for playing games need to make this clear.
    Ppl playing pay to win games and hype them - its not clear that they are payed for.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please stop the fight against ad blockers. Not everybody is able to afford Twitch Turbo and those aren't people who you want to serve with ads, anyway, since they're low converters. Or do you want to sell ads to your worst viewers? The ones who don't spend money on your premium subscription are also unlikely going to purchase a product after seeing an ad and your advertisers will sooner or later figure that out when they see their low conversion rates...

Users who use ad blockers are annoyed by ads and naturally indisposed against companies who try to force their…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ads have an impact on viewer retention. When someone new comes to a stream, an ad can discourage them from waiting - and simply close the tab. That hinders growth. However, self-run midrolls (to disable prerolls) may have the same effect...

If we can see the impact that running a dreaded midroll can have on our potential to bring in new viewers - the friction against running ads may be lessened.

So my question: When will there be information on our dashboard analytics on how many people leave during a preroll versus midroll?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Pre-roll ads don’t belong on live content to begin with, but they should never be as long as typical commercials/ads. Imagine clicking on a stream that you’re excited about watching in that very moment (because you saw something interesting in the thumbnail or someone tweeted about something happening on that stream) and then after the website loaded and the video player loaded, waiting another 30+ seconds for the live stream to load. That’s the current experience with pre-roll ads. It breaks the in the moment or “you had to be there” experience of live content.
    A 5 second pre-roll ad…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Consumers need control over volume.

On 5% speaker and the lowest setting on Twitch audio bar, ad volumes still instantly destroy my Twitch experience.

I have left not 5, not 10, but over THIRTY streams in the past two weeks because I was unwilling to listen to MAX VOLUME ADVERTISEMENTS.

Pre-stream "you must go deaf before you qualify to watch a guy play lullabies on guitar" ads are a horrid experience. I wanted something to lull me to sleep, not a referral to a otolaryngologist.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Voting is integrated into Twitch chat. When there are ads to be played, let the viewers decide which one(s) should play. This weeds out ads which the viewers of a channel don't like or have seen too often, and it will give Twitch useful feedback on the longevity and/or interest level of ads to take back to advertisers.

To avoid spamming the chat with polls, the results of an ad poll will apply to any ads played on the channel for at least two hours.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?