Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The feedback that I have seen about automatic mid-roll ads has been entirely negative, which is not surprising to me at all. No one likes being forced into situations even when it could be good for them.
    I've seen lots of posts from streamers saying they don't like the loss of control and viewers saying that you should fix ads for bits, which says to me that the issue is not ads, it is how the ads are being presented.

The entire platform is built around the idea of interactive entertainment, so why are the ads being treated differently?
    My…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I know that twitch has been looking into ways to get around AdBlock and whatnot to ensure that ads get played, but: Consider less intrusive/annoying/irritating advertising. The majority of people are using AdBlock because they find ads annoying. You know, that stereotype CONGRATS YOU'VE WON A FREE PRIZE!!! flashing ad kind of thing?

If you were to make twitch advertising less intrusive, I believe it would help. Twitch ads already aren't that bad, but they could be improved in a number of possible ways:

• Make the advertisement only hijack the video feed, not the audio. With the advertisements jumping…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please stop running "pre-roll" ads right when a live stream starts. Every time I get queued up for a live stream about to start, as soon as it starts, I miss the first 30 seconds of the stream and have no idea what they talked about. This is especially annoying on dev streams and the like. KNOCK IT OFF, TWITCH! Even Prime users get screwed this way.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please enable picture by picture for pre-roll ads. I'm a small streamer and I feel a lot of people aren't willing to sit through a 30s or longer ad break just to see if my stream quality is good or chat is active or if the preview image is accurate to what I'm actually doing on stream. Picture by picture would fix this by enabling them to check out the stream and chat whilst the ad plays in the main view.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Picture-In-Picture  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I have an ad blocker, but it's paused on the entirety of the twitch.tv domain. Today a got a big purple screen instead of the normal ad. Today, 2/24/2021 was the first time I got the purple screen instead of an ad. Would much rather see an ad... again, my adblocker is paused on your site.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hello,

I'm a moderator for a few channels. I'm not a sub in all the channels. When someone I stream for starts, that I am not subscribed in but am a moderator I usually get 1-3 ads before I can enter the stream.

It would be extremely helpful if ad's or at the very least pre-rolls were disabled for moderators for the channel they mod in.

Thank you!

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. You are driving your userbase away by forcing unskippable 30 second ads every time we click on a stream to see if it's interesting. Instead of branching out to other streamers I would rather stay in the channels I sub to so I don't have to deal with ads, or just stop watching twitch entirely.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. As a streamer myself I understand that people like their own Twitch page to be theirs to control. A lot of people disable ads on their own channel and a lot will also run them willingly while streaming. Try giving more options we can opt into on our own channels. Without blocking our content at the same time, unless we choose to do so. Here's an idea or so:

• Brb ads
      (We already have, and do get used. Nice example to start)

• Lower thirds
      (Could allow us to set them to pop up as often as we like. Minimum of…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Either bring back ad-free twitch viewing from prime members, or lower Twitch turbo price. Twitch turbo is about $110 a year and all it really offers is ad free twitch. Which is way to expensive.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. If you want streamers to run more ads then give them an incentive by paying them more for ad revenue. Also, give them the option to choose when these ads run. Atm, there is no point in running ads since most streamers make almost no money from ad revenue. Also forcing a **** ton ads to viewers is only going
    to make them use Adblock please fix this.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. This purple screen has got to be fixed... I disabled ADblock for Twitch but i don't wanna remove it... It has really good uses for other sites. Purple screen pops like every 15 minutes... What is this nonsense. If this is a bug fix it, but if this is really you forcing us to disable adblock for everything that's really bs. I watch a ton of content but today this is really unbearable and frustrating...

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Get rid of mid-roll ads and allow the provider to determine when to run them. I know you need to make money, but you can't just pop an ad in the middle of content.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bits for Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Pretty much as it says in the title. Interrupting live content is the most patently stupid way of going about this. I suggest the following:
    1. Make the forced mid rolls use the smaller picture-by-picture player and make them silent so the stream doesn't need to be muted.
    2. Use banner ads instead.
    3. Pause the live stream in the background while the ad plays so that viewers don't miss anything.
    4. Abandon the idea altogether.
    5. Give creators full control of when they play and what ads get played.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Right now theres not enough control over how a streamer runs an their stream with the new mid-rolling. However, a feature that can be added is to disable for 20 - 30 minutes mid-rolls for the stream per 30 second ad break and mid and pre-roll per 60 second. That way, a streamer can plan their ad breaks and work around them, especially for competitive games like overwatch, LOL, CSGO, etc. Even for non-competitive games, allowing a streamer the ability to control the flow of the stream by implementing an ad break to avoid mid rolls allows them to build…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. STOP GIVING PURPLE SCREEN FOR ADBLOCK PLZ

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1/3 of people never make it to the stream due to ads before they can watch and we can not turn the ads off. We need to be able to turn off preroll ads.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bits in my opinion are a great way to support creators, but people like me who are only 13 years old and can't legally get a job, it's hard to support streamers and also I would never be able to buy bits in the first place. When I found out about watch ads for bits, I was so happy I could support my favorite streamer who inspired me. But when I tried to watch the ads it didn't let me. I did my research and found out that it was only for the U.S which I really don't understand why.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bits for Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. When streamers run ads, pause the stream and resume it from the same spot after the ads are finished. Then give viewers the ability to fast forward back to live when there is a dull moment in the stream. Ads can still be aired without content being missed.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I understand that ads are necessary to support twitch and streamers, and while I don't like it, I can deal with it. But one thing is SUPER annoying - when an ad pops up right when something exciting is happening/about to happen and everyone misses the action. At least TV ads have the courtesy to play during breaks - imagine if an ad came on while the super bowl-winning touchdown pass was in the air!

If we can't outright remove or skip ads (understandable), how about having a simple button pop up in a corner of the stream when an…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Short Ads like up to 15secs are fine with me, but 52+secs is too much, especially when It's an annoying ad. (M******* Dew Challenge)

Plays over and over again, each time I refresh or reload a stream

It's also very annoying when the ad kills the stream (black screen) and you have to reload the stream, it plays the same long a** ad all over again!!! Sometime it takes me many tries, 3-5 minutes to start watching a streamer's stream. Oh god.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?