There was an error during translation

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. As a streamer myself I understand that people like their own Twitch page to be theirs to control. A lot of people disable ads on their own channel and a lot will also run them willingly while streaming. Try giving more options we can opt into on our own channels. Without blocking our content at the same time, unless we choose to do so. Here's an idea or so:

• Brb ads
      (We already have, and do get used. Nice example to start)

• Lower thirds
      (Could allow us to set them to pop up as often as we like. Minimum of…

18 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. You are driving your userbase away by forcing unskippable 30 second ads every time we click on a stream to see if it's interesting. Instead of branching out to other streamers I would rather stay in the channels I sub to so I don't have to deal with ads, or just stop watching twitch entirely.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Get rid of mid-roll ads and allow the provider to determine when to run them. I know you need to make money, but you can't just pop an ad in the middle of content.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bits for Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pretty much as it says in the title. Interrupting live content is the most patently stupid way of going about this. I suggest the following:
    1. Make the forced mid rolls use the smaller picture-by-picture player and make them silent so the stream doesn't need to be muted.
    2. Use banner ads instead.
    3. Pause the live stream in the background while the ad plays so that viewers don't miss anything.
    4. Abandon the idea altogether.
    5. Give creators full control of when they play and what ads get played.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. If you want streamers to run more ads then give them an incentive by paying them more for ad revenue. Also, give them the option to choose when these ads run. Atm, there is no point in running ads since most streamers make almost no money from ad revenue. Also forcing a **** ton ads to viewers is only going
    to make them use Adblock please fix this.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Right now theres not enough control over how a streamer runs an their stream with the new mid-rolling. However, a feature that can be added is to disable for 20 - 30 minutes mid-rolls for the stream per 30 second ad break and mid and pre-roll per 60 second. That way, a streamer can plan their ad breaks and work around them, especially for competitive games like overwatch, LOL, CSGO, etc. Even for non-competitive games, allowing a streamer the ability to control the flow of the stream by implementing an ad break to avoid mid rolls allows them to build…

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When streamers run ads, pause the stream and resume it from the same spot after the ads are finished. Then give viewers the ability to fast forward back to live when there is a dull moment in the stream. Ads can still be aired without content being missed.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I understand that ads are necessary to support twitch and streamers, and while I don't like it, I can deal with it. But one thing is SUPER annoying - when an ad pops up right when something exciting is happening/about to happen and everyone misses the action. At least TV ads have the courtesy to play during breaks - imagine if an ad came on while the super bowl-winning touchdown pass was in the air!

If we can't outright remove or skip ads (understandable), how about having a simple button pop up in a corner of the stream when an…

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Short Ads like up to 15secs are fine with me, but 52+secs is too much, especially when It's an annoying ad. (M******* Dew Challenge)

Plays over and over again, each time I refresh or reload a stream

It's also very annoying when the ad kills the stream (black screen) and you have to reload the stream, it plays the same long a** ad all over again!!! Sometime it takes me many tries, 3-5 minutes to start watching a streamer's stream. Oh god.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Either bring back ad-free twitch viewing from prime members, or lower Twitch turbo price. Twitch turbo is about $110 a year and all it really offers is ad free twitch. Which is way to expensive.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Most people hate advertisements in this day and age. Twitch is a very in the moment platform. Being interrupted with an ad really impacts the stream. Viewers lose communication with the streamer, and even if the streamer explicitly states they are going to run an ad, they get nominal money from the ad at the huge risk of losing viewership.

A couple proposals to remedy this:

1. Do not play ads when swapping channels (causes stagnation of viewer bases) instead do a banner ad. (like for mobile users, minimally invasive and doesn’t affect the flow of the stream)

2. Set a limit…

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I would like to see a subscription to make a channel ad-free for all viewers, not just people with accounts, subscribers, followers or anything, I know turbo exists, but that's only for the person broadcasting that goes and watches someone else's channel. What about the opposite, what if a broadcaster wants the viewers to have an ad-free experience?

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1) Prime users should not have to watch pre-roll ads. Period. When a streamer decides to show ads, those should be shown since that generates revenue for the streamer.

2) A lower-priced turbo where it shows streamer ads, but not pre-roll. Or add an option to Turbo where I have the option to view streamer generated ads (settings per channel, not overall for Twitch).

3) Add an option for subscribed channels where I can decide if I want to watch streamer generated ads (settings per channel, not overall for Twitch).

If I am paying extra money for a service, I…

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Most of the streamers I watch usually play on the same roleplay server, and my average viewing session consists of constantly changing channels to see the roleplay from another perspective. Pre-roll ads are the biggest annoyance for me. Every single time I swap to a new channel I'm forced to sit through the same **** 30 second ad, and miss a large portion of whatever reason I was swapping perspectives. Random mid-roll ads can be just as bad, causing me to miss entertaining spontaneous situations.

I hate ads, but if ads are absolutely necessary at least leave it to the…

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I don't mind watching commercials to support channels, but I bet you a vast majority of people use Adblock because they dont want to deal with a 40 second commercial just to find out the person isn't playing the game their channel said it was, or that their voice is annoyingly loud, or that they are terrible at the game. I use adblock on my computers and would take it off in a heartbeat if this was fixed...

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Obviously we don't want Twitch to lose money and die out like other streaming platforms. The ads are a necessary evil. Let streamers control when the ads drop during the stream. Give them a requirement for how many ads have to be run per hour, or whatever the terms are, but let them determine when they run. Bathroom & food breaks would be ideal. Some streamers find the beginning of the stream critical, so running pre-roll is a bad idea for them. If the streamer doesn't run the required number of ads, hit them where it hurts - their wallets.…

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I propose that Affiliates and Partners should receive AD revenue for VODs. If Twitch is putting ADs on VODs, it is only fair that the content creator receive a share of the AD revenue generated.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. give streamers an incentive to run ads instead of forcing a garbage system that will block important moments

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Give broadcasters the choice of what type of ads to play (political, beauty, sports, etc.) And make it so broadcaster-run ads disable random ads for longer periods of time.

That way the streamer is in control of their cast

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Don't roll ad clips, put in ad banners and little windows within the stream. It doesn't interrupt the stream completely and everyone can see a d recognize it!
    Nice, clean and simple for broadcaster and viewers.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?