Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I propose that Affiliates and Partners should receive AD revenue for VODs. If Twitch is putting ADs on VODs, it is only fair that the content creator receive a share of the AD revenue generated.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Most of the streamers I watch usually play on the same roleplay server, and my average viewing session consists of constantly changing channels to see the roleplay from another perspective. Pre-roll ads are the biggest annoyance for me. Every single time I swap to a new channel I'm forced to sit through the same **** 30 second ad, and miss a large portion of whatever reason I was swapping perspectives. Random mid-roll ads can be just as bad, causing me to miss entertaining spontaneous situations.

I hate ads, but if ads are absolutely necessary at least leave it to the…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. As a streamer myself I understand that people like their own Twitch page to be theirs to control. A lot of people disable ads on their own channel and a lot will also run them willingly while streaming. Try giving more options we can opt into on our own channels. Without blocking our content at the same time, unless we choose to do so. Here's an idea or so:

• Brb ads
      (We already have, and do get used. Nice example to start)

• Lower thirds
      (Could allow us to set them to pop up as often as we like. Minimum of…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Obviously we don't want Twitch to lose money and die out like other streaming platforms. The ads are a necessary evil. Let streamers control when the ads drop during the stream. Give them a requirement for how many ads have to be run per hour, or whatever the terms are, but let them determine when they run. Bathroom & food breaks would be ideal. Some streamers find the beginning of the stream critical, so running pre-roll is a bad idea for them. If the streamer doesn't run the required number of ads, hit them where it hurts - their wallets.…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Consumers need control over volume.

On 5% speaker and the lowest setting on Twitch audio bar, ad volumes still instantly destroy my Twitch experience.

I have left not 5, not 10, but over THIRTY streams in the past two weeks because I was unwilling to listen to MAX VOLUME ADVERTISEMENTS.

Pre-stream "you must go deaf before you qualify to watch a guy play lullabies on guitar" ads are a horrid experience. I wanted something to lull me to sleep, not a referral to a otolaryngologist.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Run a check and see how many times you've shown me the same audible ad it must be around 50 times. please make sure there's a variety of ads. or a means after like showing me it 3-5 times to ask for a different ad as I'm clearly not interested in buying it and you could be advertising me things I actually want to buy.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I understand that ads are necessary to support twitch and streamers, and while I don't like it, I can deal with it. But one thing is SUPER annoying - when an ad pops up right when something exciting is happening/about to happen and everyone misses the action. At least TV ads have the courtesy to play during breaks - imagine if an ad came on while the super bowl-winning touchdown pass was in the air!

If we can't outright remove or skip ads (understandable), how about having a simple button pop up in a corner of the stream when an…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Simple put, this system is poorly designed and problematic. What it creates is a system where only the larger creators will see any amount of money, due to how low of value a single bit is. The creator you show on the help page only gets 5 bucks. My problem with this feature is that it doesn't address any of the problems with regular bits, and allows for even easier abuse of the system, unless you have extra stuff in place to decide who's vote counts for bits, will mean that people could bot their stream and get a ton…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multiplayer Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I am a former Alcohol abuser and I really don't appreciate the recent trend of literally every collection of ad's for some of my streams contain ads for alcohol. It seems 1, like a waste of ad space for me, and 2. an annoyance and reminder of a temptation i don't want or need.

It would just be nice to be able to just block ads for drugs/alcohol.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ad Specific Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Pretty much as it says in the title. Interrupting live content is the most patently stupid way of going about this. I suggest the following:
    1. Make the forced mid rolls use the smaller picture-by-picture player and make them silent so the stream doesn't need to be muted.
    2. Use banner ads instead.
    3. Pause the live stream in the background while the ad plays so that viewers don't miss anything.
    4. Abandon the idea altogether.
    5. Give creators full control of when they play and what ads get played.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Right now theres not enough control over how a streamer runs an their stream with the new mid-rolling. However, a feature that can be added is to disable for 20 - 30 minutes mid-rolls for the stream per 30 second ad break and mid and pre-roll per 60 second. That way, a streamer can plan their ad breaks and work around them, especially for competitive games like overwatch, LOL, CSGO, etc. Even for non-competitive games, allowing a streamer the ability to control the flow of the stream by implementing an ad break to avoid mid rolls allows them to build…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hey, can you guys not implement things that interrupt a stream while someone is watching it? Thanks.

Your anti-adblock message shouldn't appear when it has been disabled by the user. I don't use adblock when I'm on Twitch.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Everytime after a add is rolled, when it is over the stream comes back muted, and is really annoying having to got back and unmute the stream.

I'm using Google Chrome latest version.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. When streamers run ads, pause the stream and resume it from the same spot after the ads are finished. Then give viewers the ability to fast forward back to live when there is a dull moment in the stream. Ads can still be aired without content being missed.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I don't mind watching commercials to support channels, but I bet you a vast majority of people use Adblock because they dont want to deal with a 40 second commercial just to find out the person isn't playing the game their channel said it was, or that their voice is annoyingly loud, or that they are terrible at the game. I use adblock on my computers and would take it off in a heartbeat if this was fixed...

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like to see a subscription to make a channel ad-free for all viewers, not just people with accounts, subscribers, followers or anything, I know turbo exists, but that's only for the person broadcasting that goes and watches someone else's channel. What about the opposite, what if a broadcaster wants the viewers to have an ad-free experience?

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Preroll-disable functionality already exists, just have hypetrains add 5 minutes to that when they start, if the counter is at zero. Add more time if level-ups extend the hypetrain duration.

If a hypetrain is going, something hype is happening, right? Who wants to come into a channel during a HYPE moment, only to get slapped in the face with a preroll instead of joining in with everyone immediately?

The preroll revenue loss would be minimal, would encourage hypetrains (so a potential positive ROI), and be a win for everyone involved; adds functionality to the hypetrain product, and shows that Twitch…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Can Twitch please display the ads beneath the video player without the motion transition resizing the stream video to be more disability accessible for people with visual sensitivities and for people who rely on closed captioning/ subtitles?

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Display Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. If you're going to remove an entire avenue of monetization for our community then Multiplayer Ads should be available to all Affiliates as a replacement. I do not understand why these were removed when the other avenues were not ready to be released to all of us.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multiplayer Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Twitch has rolled out their new automated ad functionality, but I would like to know if there is a way for the ad manager to notify anyone watching the stream (perhaps via a notification at the top of chat, much like channel point challenge/hype train alerts), which would also help any streamer who reads their chat, but isn't looking at their stream manager and ensures me that if I'm telling a long winded story, for instance, that I can take that quick intermission to catch my breath and hydrate.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?