Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

780 results found

1. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Wenn man jedem streamer nen sub gibt den man schaut ist man am Ende pleite, es verdient nicht jeder so viel. Und wenn ich alle 30min. Werbung an schauen muss verpasst man mind. Die Hälfte und die wichtigsten schlüsselszenen vom Stream. Da kann ich gleich zum normalen tv umschalten. Es werden sicher einige dadurch abspringen weil die keine **** auf Werbung haben. Wenn man nem stream joint ist es ok mal Werbung einzublenden, aber während dessen bitte nicht

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Picture-In-Picture was a good idea to roll ads non invasively. It initially dawned on my but I was unsure how to provide that feedback.

The UX on mobile is still rather rough when it comes to pre-roll ads, especially when people are co-streaming and you want to quickly swap between two channels.

I propose that on mobile, rather than play a video for an advertisement, a silent banner is placed under the video player, which could be used to embed dynamic content, for maybe ~5 seconds and then it could be dismissed. Keeping in mind that users might not have…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. twitch premium: no ads, can stream at increased bitrate, can upload 5 personal emotes to use on any channel, special badge

$5 a month, or $50 a year

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. its *****, i just hosted another member, i got a commercial, im subscribed the that channel i hosted, and missed the **** thank you or if anything was even said to me... i have also left so many other streams because i aint wating for that *.... it also kills all curiousity of the thumbnail... its a complete joke of a revenue scam and im muting the **** thing anyhow... i think im done here... i literally dont even enjoy it here anymore.. ty, gnite, g'riddins

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. This can also be a problem if we already have another stream running as it will pause/buffer due to the bandwidth being sucked up by the ad.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. it would be nice to have a countdown timer for ads that viewers can see. maybe next to uptime and viewer count underneath the player? it's such a bummer to ask something to a streamer just to have an ad play right when your question starts to be answered. a countdown timer would at least help me plan around that to ask a question

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I was watching a livestream that was literally going to finish in 4-5 min, but instead, I had to endure a 30s ad, 10s ad, 15s ad, 15s ad, 15s ad, 15s ad, 30s ad, 15s ad, 20s ad, and finally a 15s ad. Yup, that's 10 ads in a row totaling 3 min of the end of a livestream!
    A lot is said and can be missed in a short span of 30s, let alone 3 min!!!
    Absolutely unacceptable!
    Yes, money has to be made. But at what detriment to the viewers experience?!

SURPRISING the viewers with a sudden…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I believe the best way to get viewers to stay on the stream without losing that moment of awesomeness is adding a Skip Ad button. For Example, if an ad is 3 mins long it could range from 1-9 ads playing which is not good for viewer experience.

If there was an Skip Ad button added, it would give the viewer the opportunity to return to the stream much faster while the streamer still getting credit for the ads being watched.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. En la categoría de ASMR se podria poner que automáticamente el sistema realice una busqueda de los streams que tienen puesto ASMR en descripción de su stream para bajar el volumen de los anuncios

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Lately, Twitch has been "What channel do I want to be given ads for Simulator". It's impossible to switch streams without being bombarded. When attempting to watch one specific stream, good luck.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Currently the max you can run with one button press is three minutes (one hour of no pre-rolls). Allow us to increase that to whatever we want, for example I would like 6 minutes of ads (2 hours of no pre-rolls).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I missed so many very important moments while watching bc of 2-3 min long unskippable ads that covered the whole screen. I rarely watch twitch anymore bc the ads are super annoying and block content so that I miss important moments in peoples streams. I think it would be nice if there was a skip button of some sort so people can continue to enjoy the streams and not like a min in jus like 5-10 sec ads PLEASE.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I have seen many unengaged creators using artificial mechanisms to earn money with ads. In addition to being an unfair way, this can cause problems for Twitch by taking money from ads without having the audience to do so. Today there are many mechanisms that appear to be authentic public but are not. With Moss.gg for example. Lives by creators who are part of this type of "networking" often have dozens or even hundreds of people watching them, but they do not represent a real community. This is easy to see when you see that there is no engagement in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. BASTA YA DE METER 1000 ANUNCIOS CADA 2 MINUTOS Y EN LOS MOMENTOS DEL STREAM QUE MAS OS INTERESA. ES ABUSIVO Y DENOTA QUE TENES ALGUNA MANERA DE COMPROBAR QUE HACEMOS LOS USUSARIOS, SI ESTO SIGUE ASI VOYA DENUNCIARLO

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Too much advertisement when watching stream, especially 3 min long.I have encountered it three times.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Recently, a new form of advertisement has appeared on all viewable streams. An irremovable banner centered at the bottom of streams ruins the individual viewing experience.

Please consider an option to exit the advertisement at a minimum. Complete abolishment of this type of ad is highly preferred. Thank you in advance for your consideration.
    - A Concerned Viewer

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Much like with radio or spotify ads, the new audio only ads Ive experienced are much louder than the content I'm watching. It may technically be made to match the sound level of the content, but often these types of ads are compressed to seem much louder. Hopefully ads content is reviewed ahead of time before they are published and can catch this type of artificially boosted loudness. Ive not experienced the same problem with regular ads.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Watching a stream, which at a point it was very quiet, immediately a short "Skulls & Bones" ad plays & it was uncomfortably loud, I could hear it 2 rooms away. Ads love to have loud volume to catch the viewer's attention, but people who have sensitive hearing could get very anxious, or panicky. other ads are nowhere near as loud as skulls & bones. it was extremely obnoxious.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?