Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The reason for audio-only is >>> Audio Only <<<<

Your new ads auto-play video in Audio-Only settings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. You have 7sec or less (30sec ads = lost viewer) to serve the viewer their content or they will bounce, do like YouTube's 5secs. Ads must be relevant to the streamer. Ads can not violate COPPA.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I formulated the title drastically because it‘s a serious problem lately happening on Twitch and don’t see that getting addressed from them, at least not in the level as it should.

I said it several times on social media and i also say it here: Twitch is ruining their ads business, constantly and -seems like- willingly:
    - The sheer amount of ads which you face as a viewer of the platform is simply ridiculous
    - You‘ve guys taken the control of the ads out of the hands of the content creators
    - You implement changes to the ad system without…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. All ads need to run in a window on the stream instead of blocking out the stream for up to 20 seconds. Every ad that runs makes me AVOID the products shown like the plague because they are INTRUSIVE and BELIGERENT is brute-forcing advertising about items I have absolutely NO interest in.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Picture-In-Picture  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Use a pop-up ad overlay banner kind of like the espn score ticker. A pop-up banner in the video player doesn't disturb the livestreams and pop-ups are proven to catch user's attention. By using an integrated banner and removing video ads from livestreams, you will still get advertising while preventing the distribution of streams.
    video ads could still be used for VOD's since there's no risk of missing the streamers content.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Just stop. It's killing discoverability of smaller streamers. Pop in a lower thirds or banner ad when joining and pop in a skippable ad 10min in. Lower thirds ads that have to be closed by the viewer will easily compensate for the stupid long pre-rolls everyone leaves during.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. This is a archaic method of advertising that doesnt fit with a LIVE content , use banners ,overlays ,PIP that dont interfere with watching the content , give the broadcasters control and options for spreading adverts on there channels , overlays, banners , give the viewers a choice and incentive to click on a ads on there own , do emote unlocks for ads watched instead of bits , forcing MORE ADS on the viewers is not what the community on twitch wants , these ideas took me a few minutes to come up with , dont tell me you…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Pre-roll ads don’t belong on live content to begin with, but they should never be as long as typical commercials/ads. Imagine clicking on a stream that you’re excited about watching in that very moment (because you saw something interesting in the thumbnail or someone tweeted about something happening on that stream) and then after the website loaded and the video player loaded, waiting another 30+ seconds for the live stream to load. That’s the current experience with pre-roll ads. It breaks the in the moment or “you had to be there” experience of live content.
    A 5 second pre-roll ad…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bits for Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. ... And honestly your service isn't that special. Ads shouldn't make someone hate a site so much that they went down a rabbit hole to find out exactly how to voice their opinion. I will simply stop using twitch and I don't understand why you think your behaviour as a company is acceptable. Not to mention 90% of content creators use other platforms. I would argue, even, that what you do is a disservice to streamers and content creators. People who support streamers on twitch are being conned into spending more money because of how you administer your advertisements. I'm…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. its only happened a couple of times, but when an ad plays, the smaller window that opens in the top left above chat for the stream just plays another ad

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Turbo, although it supports streamers, does not offer many enticing incentives outside of an ad-free experience. A lot of people appear to get far more enjoyment out of subscribing to channels as it allows them to feel like they're a part of the community.

Prime was a nice solution, it used to have ad-free viewing, but it got ditched despite Prime costing more than Turbo. I believe that should be brought back.

Although I'm more of a fan of the idea of allowing people with multiple concurrent subscriptions offering an ad-free experience sitewide. This offers the chance to more directly…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 예전에 1개월 구독권을 다른분께 선물받고 기간이 끝나 연장을 했고 컬쳐랜드에서도 결제가 되어 돈이 나갔는데도 구독이 안되어있고 재구독에 들어가면 3042: A recurring subscription already exists with this account. Please wait until it expires to make a payment for renewal. If you have any questions, please contact our customer support for further assistance at help.xsolla.com. 이라는 창만 뜨네요 ㅠㅠ 연장도 못하고 이도저도 못하는 상황이라 슬픕니다,,,, ,,해결부탁드립니다

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Your ads are incredibly loud and intrusive. I report the sound and the repetitiveness every time it happens and nothing has been fixed. At least go back to controlled ads.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 아니 ㅆㅂ 홈들어가면 자동으로 틀어져서 광고 소리 최대로 나오잖아 ㅆㅂ 트코 ㅆㅂ놈들아 왜 자동으로 쳐 나오게 쓸대없이 업대이트 해가지고 그리고 홈들어가서 일시정지 해놔도 광고는 왜 자동으로 틀어지는데 애미뒤진 트코새끼들아

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. A fair amount of my audience has been negatively impacted by the mid-roll ads to the point of turning away from the platform entirely, and it's not a rare occurence. Something has to be done to lower the intrusiveness of them - whether it's making them banner ads or picture-in-picture or whatever, anything would be an enormous improvement, and as it is I do believe the platform will experience a sharp reduction in viewerbase - lowering revenue streams for both Twitch and Creators as less people sub or use bits - that would likely be a negative or neutral result…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Pre-rolls on twitch are not working right now because they are ignorant and focus on maximizing profits instead of the viewer experience. The dodge rates are incredibly high.

Change the system, let the creators hook the viewers into their content first before you throw an ad on their screen. there are two ideas on how to do it:

Let the creators modify the first picture of the thumbnail preview. this will drastically change the look of the main page, but it gives creators an additional window to communicate with potential viewers. You can send a message to showcase your content,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Can't watch the actual livestreams anymore due to ads? I've had Valorant 1v4's and Warzone 50 kill games ruined by ads playing at the climax of the game, so i've given up on watching livestreams and now only watch Vods because i don't get ads during them. great fix if you just want to watch and don't mind missing out on chat.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?