Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

778 results found

1. Ads hinder growth so, so much and they barely make any profit for small creators/ for twitch when playing on small creators‘ channels. Maybe give affiliates the ability to turn off all ads completely in their streams, and only have mandatory ads for partners?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I don't think this is the correct place to post the bug, but on firefox I have had an issue trying to watch a streamer where you will serve me an ad and then refuse to let the ad play. Thus I am locked out of the stream because it repeatedly serves another ad that doesn't play if I hit refresh. I hear that advertisers prefer their ads to be played too.

I don't think this is the correct spot to be posting this, but when I tried to go through your help section it felt very clunky and all…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I use a Common Access Card(CAC) for work. For those that don't know what it is, it is a government ID for government employees, contractors, and militants. Over the last week, there have been three instances where entire streams have stopped working because some ads cause a CAC login screen to popup. This is a very big security issue as these ads could possibly cause individuals DODIDs to be exposed by accident. I don't know if any other people are having this issue but, it happens.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Eu virei afiliado recentemente e os anúncios não estão aparecendo pra os espectadores

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Esses anúncios obrigatórios que aparecem no meio dos videos dos Streamers é muito chato, não tem opção de deixar de ver. Isso é muito irritante, estou pensando seriamente em abandonar a TWITCH TV e ir para a Booyah, pois la não tem esse tipo de problema. Que coisa chata, irritante, não tem como sair desses anuncios irrelevantes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The idea is that a user could sit and watch adds in return for an amount of ad- free watch time. E.g. I watch the Ads channel for 10 mins and get 2 hours ad-free watch time on other streams

At the moment streamers have no control over number and duration of ads so we have as situation occurring many times where a crucial part of the narrative is in effect deleted by an ad.

On TV we have the situation where "...and the murderer is ... <advert break> .. "The butler!!"

On twitch we are getting "... and the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow mods/editors to see when another editor runs an ad. Currently it just says failed to start commercial and you can only see how much time you have left until you can run another ad in the creator dashboard but you have to try and run an ad.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I'm not a content creator myself, but I thought of an idea that may help with ads experience after watching the Twitch Townhall.

From time to time, content creators needs to step away from their chairs and sometimes they do not know how long they need to step away for. Instead of having a fixed bank amount of ad blocks, allow content creators have a dynamic way to play ads. It would work like this:

• Creator needs to step away from the computer
    • Creator clicks on (Start adblock) button
    • Creator can take 30 seconds to get food or 3 minutes…
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Instead of having disruptive and user experience unfriendly pre-roll and midroll ads automatically play for streamers, with their only alternative being still disrupting their own content by playing ads manually to turn off preroll ads for a period of time, allow streamers and content creators to fill in an amazon blacksmith list of recommended purchases for the viewers. Viewers are a lot more likely to take the list seriously vs a 10-15 second ad by a big corporation, and is more valuable to all parties involved. Twitch/amazon could even suggest items for the viewer to possibly add to the list…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. its only happened a couple of times, but when an ad plays, the smaller window that opens in the top left above chat for the stream just plays another ad

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Any way that ads won't cover the entire screen won't keep viewers away from the action, which would make them much more bearable. The current state is NOT like ads running on TV, more like if we had to watch ads during a sports match and ended up missing part of the game because of it! It's obviously extremely disruptive and long term damaging.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. If you guys are going to completely FORCE ads down our throats, you need to do one of three things:
    1) By far the easiest solution - Make Ads Skippable after X seconds.
    2) Make ads something that pops up as a Picture in Picture in the corner or something when a stream is running. I honestly like this one the best because I honestly wouldn't have an issue checking out whatever is being advertisted as well as (and I cant stress this enough) NOT MISSING STREAM CONTENT because someone wants to run 7-10 15-30 second ads in a row.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. They killed the experience of finding new streams because as soon as I find a stream I'm instantly hit with 30second to 2mins of ads, only to be hit by them every few minutes, how am i supposed to enjoy a stream when I miss out on so much?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Literally just stop doing it, it's terrible. Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I wanted to give some feedback on the new ad experience. There is an audio bug that resets the volume to maximum after setting it to a predefined setting. So I turn it down during one ad then the next ad sets volume to max and screams at me. Using Microsoft Edge (Chromium), Windows 10 Pro.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Congrats, you have succeeded in being shittier then Youtube, They at least pause videos when they cram advertisers down your throat. It kinda ruins the point in watching live streams (as apposed to pre recorded video) when you miss chunks of the live stream to feed corporate greed. thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. In a tweet today Twitch Support stated "Thank you for all of your feedback. We have completed the mid-roll ads test. Ads are an essential part of keeping Twitch freely available and we understand your concerns. We'll continue to work on ways to improve the viewer ad experience and give streamers more control."

Please do more to communicate that the concerns of broadcasters and viewers were understood.

I am interested in what Twitch learned from the testing of mid-roll ads. What concerns did you notice trending and what feedback specifically are you accounting for in making "improvements" to advertising on…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Wenn man jedem streamer nen sub gibt den man schaut ist man am Ende pleite, es verdient nicht jeder so viel. Und wenn ich alle 30min. Werbung an schauen muss verpasst man mind. Die Hälfte und die wichtigsten schlüsselszenen vom Stream. Da kann ich gleich zum normalen tv umschalten. Es werden sicher einige dadurch abspringen weil die keine **** auf Werbung haben. Wenn man nem stream joint ist es ok mal Werbung einzublenden, aber während dessen bitte nicht

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Picture-In-Picture was a good idea to roll ads non invasively. It initially dawned on my but I was unsure how to provide that feedback.

The UX on mobile is still rather rough when it comes to pre-roll ads, especially when people are co-streaming and you want to quickly swap between two channels.

I propose that on mobile, rather than play a video for an advertisement, a silent banner is placed under the video player, which could be used to embed dynamic content, for maybe ~5 seconds and then it could be dismissed. Keeping in mind that users might not have…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?