Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Literally just stop doing it, it's terrible. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I wanted to give some feedback on the new ad experience. There is an audio bug that resets the volume to maximum after setting it to a predefined setting. So I turn it down during one ad then the next ad sets volume to max and screams at me. Using Microsoft Edge (Chromium), Windows 10 Pro.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Recently there has been a few changes on Twitch that could have been better implemented with some user research. Twitch has had a community set up for this exact thing for a long time, and yet, we are yet to see anything meaningful come through this. This is an ideal way for Twitch to get a better idea of how these changes are going to come through, without having to do "damage mitigation" after the announcement. Are we ever going to see this used?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. If you want people to run ads, give them a reason to WANT to run ads. The hardest thing to do on Twitch is get discovered. Allow people to be higher up, or at the top of, a directory for a certain amount of time whenever they run an ad on their stream. Cap it out so you can't do it all day.

People will run ads for discoverability AND they'll have a chance to grow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Mid-Roll Ads Feedback:

You wanna roll more ads. Sweet. I want more pre-rolls disabled time for running them.
    90 seconds of ads = 45 Minutes of Pre-Rolls Disabled.
    Disable Mid-Roll ads if 60 seconds of ads have been ran in the past 60 minutes.
    Add an indicator both on stream and on Creator Dashboard that informs us if a mid-roll ad is about to be run within 10 minutes of ad, with a second 5 minute warning.
    Also inform viewers on stream that the mid roll ad that is about to run is 100% started by Twitch and not the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. for different monthly rates users can get a monthly "ration" of subs and bits at a discount and are opted out of ads in a "the more you buy the more you save" and "use it or lose it" model. It should also expand upon the "sub tokens" model so people can use them towards different sub tiers.

ex of different tiers:
    $14.99/mo = 3 sub tokens/mo, no midroll ads, 500 bits/mo
    $24.99/mo = 6 sub tokens/mo, no mid or pre roll ads, 1000 bits/mo
    $49.99/mo = 20 sub tokens/mo, no ads,
    2000 bits/mo

additional suggestions: you can buy this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. No advertisements for active chatters.

I think that when a streamer rolls an add or the auto rolling adverts pop up it can massively drive viewers and people invested in conversation away from the channel and forum.

A simple fix would be to not roll adverts to those actively chatting in the stream.

Say a 5 minute timer from last recieved message then roll an ad to that user and maximum of 1 ad to said user per user. Or a quick pop up box like the channel points warning users an advert is 30 seconds from rolling. Click on…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Instead of pre-roll, mid-roll, or whatever adds, add a feature where the user can choose if they prefer adds right when they join the stream, throughout the stream, or after the stream(and before watching anything else).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. So just like Facebook and WeChat allow a preview of games and ads that involve interactivity, perhaps Twitch can include support for playable ads in pre-roll ads or in-stream ad breaks.

Here is an example of what I am talking about provided by Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/business/m/one-sheeters/playable-ads

I have listed down all the benefits of including playable ads in Twitch on this shared Google doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T2iNVrNcf8Dz8l09f0eiIEt0dMMLb9ggaiU-OqIOP7M/edit#

I am working on a project with a non-profit but we chose NOT to put our marketing on Twitch because they don't offer playable ads (unless they do and you can let me know) which previews…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I think content creators should be able automatically run ads every 15 mins or however often and how long for so there is less need to have your stream manager open

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Because of the large degree of lurk teams and point grabbing teams with empty viewership, I’m proposing a change to the ad sharing for partners relative to unique chatters and viewers as a combined total.

I also suggest no ads for twitch Prime users to promote more people having prime, and ads not showing on raids or embeds to eliminate some of the hollow viewing that also put Facebook into trouble with advertisers; then up the revenue sharing for the partners to match.

To some level this will minimize those without communities/porting lurkteams (I was in one yesterday for 10min…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 11 12 13 15 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?