Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

778 results found

1. Please stop showing me ads for gambling! How can I stop this? It's not appropriate for my household. I want to watch family friendly content. Disgusting to be peddling this type of content.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. For a lot of games 1 hour or less ad intervals are inadequate and irreparably break the flow and energy of many streamers.
    Many streamers operate on doing intermissions after ~2 hours, which is a good time for ads without obstructing the viewers ability to watch. Midrolls inherently prevent the viewer from watching the stream, and within the time a midroll plays countless people miss key moments in streams which are the highlight of why they watch in the first place.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hehehe, this is the most spiteful implementation of ads I've ever seen. You're still getting an ad view, but if I want to flip to another tab while it's playing it pauses the countdown. Surely this isn't working as intended because I fear the evil little brain that would've thought up something like this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would love it if you used machine learning to know when streamers are idle* in certain games, to trigger an ad.

games like - fortnite, cod, apex legends, valorant, dead by daylight all have waiting rooms/lobbies, so if you detect that a streamer is in a lobby, you can trigger the ad using machine learning, so that another ad wont play for 20 minutes or so the average time the game plays ( i know different games have different common load times.

this i think would be one of the easiest and smartest ways to introduce more people to…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I just encountered an ad that features a teenager committing suicide and his father frantically trying to get into his room to save him. I understand that this ad is for awareness but I know multiple people including myself who have lost people to suicide and my cousin shot himself as his family was walking in. With no disclaimer, it completely derailed the stream and took me by surprise. I would like to advocate for a disclaimer feature for ads that viewers might find disturbing. Such as gore, suicide and self harm topics, etc. I can't have been the only…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I think the twitch company has already made enough money on stolen credit cards and "bit theft". More than 2 ads for more than 30 seconds in a row that you force us to buy the "Turbo" membership are making you lose customers! Streamers are looking for a new platform to escape to like youtube and viewers complain about the same problem...
    I don't know who is doing your company analysis, but if it continues like this, you will definitely experience a rapid collapse. To avoid losing customers:
    reduce the number of ads,
    Shorten the advertising time.
    Simple.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. WHITE & BRIGHT Ads should not be allowed on a gaming platform. Amazon just supplemented an ad with a BRIGHT WHITE border that said something like "Buy this product on Amazon." Try viewing that experience at 2 AM when it's completely dark, Imagine, you're vibin on Pokimane pro'g noobs on League, sweet, sweet darkness all around you, bowl of cheetos in your lab, bowl of ice cream in front of you...and...BAM..."BuY ThIs Pr0ducT on AmAzOnNNzzz" The light from the bright white strip could wake up the dog in the house across the street. You're now blind. Your only comfort? Knowing…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. So this is a pretty simple feature request. I would like the ability to choose the audio I listen to for streams, because nothing is worse when you're watching someone and they're deep in a conversation about something, or responding to someone's question and then it cuts to an ad and you miss everything they're saying because the audio from the ads takes priority away, muting the stream entirely. This is also severely annoying when people raid into channels and they're made to watch a series of ads before they can hear the streamer greeting them. Perhaps a priority should…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. So recently while watching a buddys streams vod because I missed it, I kept getting more than 1 ad over and over again without a solid hour break in between which is annoying. My idea is if there are ads in VODS at all, there should only be 1-2 after every hour, not minute.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. gambling ads are disgusting and predatory
    it is christmas in a downturned economy where people are struggling to pay their heating bill and you want to encourage them to spend their money on a 1 in 40 billion chance of winning the lottery
    Just like smoking, gambling is an addiction and should not be advertised

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Los espectadores de mi stream se quejan de que en vez de publicidad, les sale una imagen con la frase "comercial break in pregress"... Cómo solucionar el problema? Tanto en android como en windows pasa esto! y aún así seguiré recibiendo ingresos por publicidad?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Give us the ability to view what ads our channel is likely to run and blacklist ones we don't want associated with our channel

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I normally mute ads. Thing is I had a streamer VOD at max volume, ad started at 25% volume (thank you, with the volume it was at it would have scared the **** outta me). Mute anyway, but when I unmute when the ad was done, the stream volume is changed to 25% rather than 100 where I had it. I've tested this MANY times.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. There was no ad 1 week ago. Now i hate twitch because of ads.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please fix where ads play when you raid somebody right at the start it’s honestly pretty disrespectful from twitch to allow this to happen and destroy first impressions

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Remove Multiple Ads Being Played back to back when Raiding Others
    This is having a Negitive Effect the Streamer being Handed over too had 40 Raiders from another stream come across and out of the 40 Raiders only 1 person stayed, the rest quit because of the 7 back to back ads 3mins long in total

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ads in the language of the stream being watched. It does no good to advertise something in a language I do not understand. Stop being woke, and stick to the streamer's language. Or better yet, I pay a LOT of money to Twitch each month supporting streamers, Ad free for paying people.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Estoy suscrito a canales donde me salen anuncios. No me parece bien esto puesto que cada vez que entro a un canal me toca esperar los 30 segundos y es muy molesto. No solamente soy suscriptor, sino que llevo regaladas cientos de suscripciones a otros usuarios en varios canales. Creo que con todo lo que me gasto en Twitch no deberían saltarme tantos anuncios. Me parece fatal que esto funcione así, se supone que si pagas no debería saltar publicidad.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We're not Slavic and we do not speak Russian. We're Northern European people with our own culture and language. Stop forcing us to listen to Russian ads when we understand English more than we understand our own native languages (Lithuanian, Latvian).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I been getting ad's in my stream manger as if I am not a sub to my own channel I want to know why?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 11 13 38 39
  • Don't see your idea?