Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

765 results found

1. Remove ADs on Twitch Prime subscribers. This was already part of the subscription deal and revoking that and demanding a second subscription is ludicrous, completely turned off of this platform now and will be going to YouTube where guess what? I can pay one subscription and get no ADs.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I believe the best way to get viewers to stay on the stream without losing that moment of awesomeness is adding a Skip Ad button. For Example, if an ad is 3 mins long it could range from 1-9 ads playing which is not good for viewer experience.

If there was an Skip Ad button added, it would give the viewer the opportunity to return to the stream much faster while the streamer still getting credit for the ads being watched.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hey, let's not randomly add an invisble <div> banner over the controls on the twitch.tv when watching a streamer forcing a reload (more ads). If a few minutes pass and we try to change the volume, an invisible banner shows up not allowing to control the volume. Most people would reload the browser which then shows another ad. Now I know Amazon is a small indie company and needs revenue, but be better.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hey, listen to this quirky idea I've got. What if Twitch let streamers toss an ad at someone instead of just timing them out? Like, imagine someone's acting up in chat, and instead of the usual timeout, the streamer hits them with an ad break. It could add a funny twist to how things are normally done and fit right in with the vibe of some Twitch streams.

Now, It might make sense to put some restrictions on the feature, so people dont overuse it, but I still find it to be a good addition if added.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. it would be nice to have a countdown timer for ads that viewers can see. maybe next to uptime and viewer count underneath the player? it's such a bummer to ask something to a streamer just to have an ad play right when your question starts to be answered. a countdown timer would at least help me plan around that to ask a question

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would like the ability to get the information from the timer or from the ad call itself to know when an ad is going to play soon, and more importantly, when an ad is going to play for sure and how long it is going to play.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I can't even watch anymore. Something has changed, far far for the worse. So many unskippable ads, they are insanely lengthy. Like, I watched 2 minutes of ads before the stream would start, and then it bugged out and just showed a PIP icon. Then after waiting a while, I refreshed, and was treated to four minutes of un-skippable ads. That would be six minutes of ads, for less than one minute of seeing the content creator.

There is no way to modify or adjust which ads I see.

If I were to consider buying an ad-free subscription - I…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hehehe, this is the most spiteful implementation of ads I've ever seen. You're still getting an ad view, but if I want to flip to another tab while it's playing it pauses the countdown. Surely this isn't working as intended because I fear the evil little brain that would've thought up something like this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. :( Either don't let horror movie ads on the platform or let people block them! When I'm watching a cozy stream before bed and suddenly get greeted with an ad of people SCREAMING and all kinds of blood and gore it's AWFUL and it makes me want to stop watching completely! I've had this experience tons of times, but today it was the Immaculate movie ad.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It's a really simple implementation to the first part.

Put ad-free viewing back as a Prime benefit! Ever since the glut of advertisements started, I had subscribed to Amazon Prime to avoid them while still supporting my favorite streamers. I'd gladly watch ONE 20s preroll if it meant I didn't have to see a single one throughout that stream or elsewhere afterwards.

I'm not gonna add another $10 on top of my Prime subscription to get the outmoded and archaic Turbo.

If the above is too hard to implement, here's something else that would make ads slightly more bearable. KEEP…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. give everyone ads regardless where they come from and make everybody equal, no tier 1, tier 2, 3 nonsense. i have twitch streamers confronting me upfront that where i live gives them little to zero ad renevue. this is not right, this is not fair, this is segregation. every countries has ads, they have businesses and software companies, mobile game companies that pays money for advertising.

twitch should take this problem seriously as more and more streamers are looking at advertising world tiers and they look at it and they say "huh no wonder my stream isn't making money, look…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. For people with sponsorships, they can set custom ads for their sponsored product so they can play them during ad breaks to rake in extra customers at the cost of a fee depending on how often they want to play the custom ads

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I keep getting annoying ads even after buying subscription!!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I am normally playing my games when the mid-rolls start. I only have a singular screen for the moment as well, so I am using my phone to help me with managing chat and other things.

But despite having a stream manager on the mobile app, the ads countdown, nor do the ads pop up on the phone. I'd like for the ads tier, and the ad break countdown to appear in the mobile app.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. You should add video ads to cover a portion of chat to make more money for you and for streamers :)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Internet audiences don't like watching commercials.
    Even more so when the commercial is not for the product he doesn't want to see.
    Everyone's attention is extremely reduced.
    5 is the maximum limit of a person's attention span to watch a commercial.
    This is the model that has worked on YouTube and should be implemented on Twitch.
    30-second commercial is not acceptable for users here, everyone ends up running away from the broadcast.

flood comercial = 5 seconds commecial

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I have intense anxiety and suffer from chronic nightmares; not being able to safely peruse twitch is greatly affecting my safety as a user. Add an option to filter/opt out of triggering ads, or at least implement a way to report distressing ads. This would improve the user experience for people with anxiety, PTSD, paranoia, and even those who prefer family friendly streams. Not having this as an option is ableist and alienating a large portion of your user base.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The absurd excess of advertising on Twitch has become a growing source of frustration for viewers and content creators. The constant stream of ads interrupts the viewing experience, harms the interaction between streamers and their audience,
    and often leads users to resort to ad blockers, negatively affecting revenue. It is essential that the platform finds a balance between monetization and user experience.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would love it if you used machine learning to know when streamers are idle* in certain games, to trigger an ad.

games like - fortnite, cod, apex legends, valorant, dead by daylight all have waiting rooms/lobbies, so if you detect that a streamer is in a lobby, you can trigger the ad using machine learning, so that another ad wont play for 20 minutes or so the average time the game plays ( i know different games have different common load times.

this i think would be one of the easiest and smartest ways to introduce more people to…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. there are too many ads on twitch.

2 votes

We're glad you're here