Ads

1. all wrong.

Most of ads should be skippable. Your site is a live streaming platform, you cannot force people to watch ads while they were watching something else that they will completely miss because of ads. Same concept goes for the first AD you are forced to watch as soon as you open one live stream. If im forced to watch something without any possibility to skip unless i close the whole page, i will 100% start hating on the promoted product just beause it is disturbing my plans.
    Also giving people the possibility to spam as many ads as they want,…

10 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Let's look at the world population since the beginning of recorded history

I've been getting this same ad for many months now and it's starting to get annoying. If you're going to milk my patience for cash at least give me different ads.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unlimited bit ads or increase the number we can watch

I saw a post from a year ago and thought it would be a good idea for unlimited ads since we are willing to watch the ads. That or we should be able to watch more than 5 ads (usually how much I am able to watch) because I want to support my streamer but I don't have money and the ads are my only way of getting bits and when I can only watch a few ads it makes it very hard to get a good sized donation.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Less ads on vods, please

I have no problem with ads usually and I understand why they're there, but it seems that a new feature rolled out that makes it so that an ad plays every 20 minutes when you're watching a vod.

I find this really annoying, as the ads are usually about 100% more loud than the vod so every 20 minutes I need to stop whatever I'm doing and turn down the volume on my computer (since I can't change the volume of the ad, which is not great either btw) and wait for the ad to finish so I can turn…

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bits from ads for each country

In the US, you can get bits to create ads. I would like to see if it is possible in every country. Because of course, we get something from ads. Twitch is happy to see more ads. Viewers happy with bits. Streamers happy with the bits they get.
    I want to hear your FeedBack
    Greetings FireEliteThomas

38 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bits from ads worldwide

Hi fellow twitch enjoyed it. I have an idea what everyone would find PogChamp. Bits from ads worldwide. Now it is only in US in a test phase and that already takes a long time. What are the benefits that are becoming available worldwide? Viewer is happy with ads because they can get bits and then that streamer is also happy with the bits that gets. Twitch also happy with the money they earn from the ads. So everyone is happy.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please don't block the video stream with Ads

In the middle of watching someone's exciting steam, an ad pops up covering the entire video while chat continues. Chat is then going crazy because something awesome just happened, yet we were unable to see it because an ad was covering the video stream. What a disappointment.

Make the ad go into a corner with sound or something, but please do not block the whole image. That's the reason why we are here, to watch the steamers. You want the ads for monetary gain, fine, but find a happy medium where you don't disappoint your customers. Badly placed ads drive…

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Short Ads like up to 15secs are fine with me, but 52+secs is too much, especially when It's an annoying ad. (M******* Dew Challenge)

Short Ads like up to 15secs are fine with me, but 52+secs is too much, especially when It's an annoying ad. (M******* Dew Challenge)

Plays over and over again, each time I refresh or reload a stream

It's also very annoying when the ad kills the stream (black screen) and you have to reload the stream, it plays the same long a** ad all over again!!! Sometime it takes me many tries, 3-5 minutes to start watching a streamer's stream. Oh god.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. GOD DAMN Twitch

Why do I have to watch unwanted horror/thriller movie ads? Are you srsly thinking that is common ads topic? Then I should consider to stop using this app. I never thought twitch is this much toxic organisation. Disappointed tbh.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. BY REMOVING THEM or at least make them skippable

Ads on Twitch, just what we F needed! I hate ads, don't want to see them ever. I have been born in a world full of ads and I can't stand it anymore, stop shoving unwanted shit into my eyes and ears.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Watching ads for bits

I wanted to leave feedback somehow and this is the only spot I could find to do it. Just wanted to say your gaining bits by watching ads idea is awesome. Actually, your entire bit system is magical. I really hate using PayPal to donate money to streamers, it's so slow and annoying to have to open another web page just to show some appreciation. Not sure if Amazon had something to do with that process or not, but I LOVE it. I just really wanted to show my appreciation, I really hope other countries will be able to share…

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Smaller ads, please.

When i go to a channel, i'm forced to sit through an ad that completely blocks my view of the stream. I'm not against ads per se, but i AM against ads that block my stream.

A small banner or some thing like that on the bottom of the stream would be more appropriate and would make me a lot more willing to remove my ad blocker(s).

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please make muting ALL ads possible

So many times a day when i go to ANY stream and ad starts, that ad is usually louder than most earrape trollvids u can see from YT etc. Would be great if volume slider affects that to every ad that it doenst rn. And ive often heard "Lower your headphone sound" but thats not option as ithen i hear nothing but ad.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Humble request to turn off Add blockers

Add blockers block adds that support twitch and free streams.

Currently, it is up to the streamer or chat to ask people to turn off addblock, and it's something that rarely comes up because chat and the streamer are focused on the stream content.

So I'm suggesting twitch includes some sort of unobtrusive notification humbly asking for users to turn off addblock on twitch, explaining the importance and maybe statistics showing how add revenue has impacted twitch. (ie non subs can contribute in a very meaningful way by watching adds)

This is important to me because when i first started…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fuck ads

Its horrible, way too many ads, I won't use HTML5 if the ads gonna stay. Always the same 3 ads, fuck this.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Show if a streamer is payed for the content

Would be awesome if streamer that are payed for playing games need to make this clear.
    Ppl playing pay to win games and hype them - its not clear that they are payed for.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Repetitive Ads

I've been getting the same 2 ads for a week now. Would it be possible to create a limit for how many times a person can see the same ad per day? Right now I've seen a Duracell ad for like 50+ times (its not even a good quality Ad) and I'm really starting to hate this battery maker.

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Mute Ads too!

When I mute a stream I'm watching, I'd love for the ads to be muted as well. Some of us watch streams like SaltyBet while multitasking other things and it may require our focus on another screen, etc. and it's incredibly annoying to have the stream muted and then being blasted intrusively with an ad that is more often than not, louder than the stream volume itself.

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Less Irritating/Annoying Ad Distribution

I know that twitch has been looking into ways to get around AdBlock and whatnot to ensure that ads get played, but: Consider less intrusive/annoying/irritating advertising. The majority of people are using AdBlock because they find ads annoying. You know, that stereotype CONGRATS YOU'VE WON A FREE PRIZE!!! flashing ad kind of thing?

If you were to make twitch advertising less intrusive, I believe it would help. Twitch ads already aren't *that bad*, but they could be improved in a number of possible ways:

- Make the advertisement only hijack the video feed, not the audio. With the advertisements jumping…

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Blocks of adds stop you from skipping forward on a VOD

I completely understand that there are adds on VODs. The problem is that when the stream places adds for X minutes the VOD player starts to play adds too at that time in the VOD. Well this means that one can't skip ahead in the content but i rather have to watch those adds or not watch the VOD ever again as it starts the VOD on the same place i closed it last time and the adds start over again.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base