Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

218 results found

1. Just for background, I predominantly watch Twitch on Apple TV so bear the brunt of all the incessant advertising which has recently become near unbearable when watching streams. (i.e. no ad block style of apps of any kind)

Pre-rolls are now 2 ads when entering a stream and it seems a lot of streams are opting for between 6 - 9 random ad breaks at a time. What is worse is that it's becoming more frequent that I'll go into a stream, get the 2 pre-roll ads and then after around 2 minutes, another ad block of 6 ads appears.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. If I see a stream on the front page, and whatever is going on on that stream has hooked my attention, that attention is immediately destroyed upon clicking on the stream and an ad plays. Whatever topic is passed, whatever song they may be playing is missed, whatever fight they may be in is over. This then makes me want to simply not watch the stream, and remain on front page, lest I miss out on what is SUPPOSED to get me clicking on the stream. And then instead of joining that stream after I watched the hook that was…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I don't watch lillipichu, I don't play Avengers, and I don't chew 5 gum. Can I please get a new/different ad?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Stop increasing ad volume when I lower it. Lets not pretend its not intentional.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please stop showing me ads for gambling! How can I stop this? It's not appropriate for my household. I want to watch family friendly content. Disgusting to be peddling this type of content.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hehehe, this is the most spiteful implementation of ads I've ever seen. You're still getting an ad view, but if I want to flip to another tab while it's playing it pauses the countdown. Surely this isn't working as intended because I fear the evil little brain that would've thought up something like this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I think the twitch company has already made enough money on stolen credit cards and "bit theft". More than 2 ads for more than 30 seconds in a row that you force us to buy the "Turbo" membership are making you lose customers! Streamers are looking for a new platform to escape to like youtube and viewers complain about the same problem...
    I don't know who is doing your company analysis, but if it continues like this, you will definitely experience a rapid collapse. To avoid losing customers:
    reduce the number of ads,
    Shorten the advertising time.
    Simple.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. WHITE & BRIGHT Ads should not be allowed on a gaming platform. Amazon just supplemented an ad with a BRIGHT WHITE border that said something like "Buy this product on Amazon." Try viewing that experience at 2 AM when it's completely dark, Imagine, you're vibin on Pokimane pro'g noobs on League, sweet, sweet darkness all around you, bowl of cheetos in your lab, bowl of ice cream in front of you...and...BAM..."BuY ThIs Pr0ducT on AmAzOnNNzzz" The light from the bright white strip could wake up the dog in the house across the street. You're now blind. Your only comfort? Knowing…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. gambling ads are disgusting and predatory
    it is christmas in a downturned economy where people are struggling to pay their heating bill and you want to encourage them to spend their money on a 1 in 40 billion chance of winning the lottery
    Just like smoking, gambling is an addiction and should not be advertised

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. There was no ad 1 week ago. Now i hate twitch because of ads.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Remove Multiple Ads Being Played back to back when Raiding Others
    This is having a Negitive Effect the Streamer being Handed over too had 40 Raiders from another stream come across and out of the 40 Raiders only 1 person stayed, the rest quit because of the 7 back to back ads 3mins long in total

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ads in the language of the stream being watched. It does no good to advertise something in a language I do not understand. Stop being woke, and stick to the streamer's language. Or better yet, I pay a LOT of money to Twitch each month supporting streamers, Ad free for paying people.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. We're not Slavic and we do not speak Russian. We're Northern European people with our own culture and language. Stop forcing us to listen to Russian ads when we understand English more than we understand our own native languages (Lithuanian, Latvian).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I watch several streams, every night, for years. At first I had no problem with ads, but now every 15 minutes there is an ad. I dont enjoy watchings streams anymore. Sometimes I opened up 5 different Streams at the same time and every stream has an ad running. I just want to see what they are doing and have a good time. Most of the time I instant close twitch. As a streamer im really worried about this but as a viewer im just sad and dont enjoy streams anymore and the streamers arent even to blame.. I dont…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Okay so we want to do a 12 hour stream. within this stream we want to give all we get to a charity of our choice. but is it possible to only place ads of that specific charity during the stream instead of getting somekind of snacks ad while donating to diabetes ... would be really stupid to see doritos while you running to send money for diabetes or something like that right.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ads loop, often 5+ times (especially on /cristianes2), appear almost immediately after starting the stream. Also if the stream is manually paused at some point (even if not during an ad), unpausing too often results in an ad within a minute or two.
    There are other streams on which I get no ads.
    (Also the same ad should never been played twice in succession, surely, as it just encourages people to be angry at the advertiser)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Seemingly, nine times out of ten an advert will play the second you view a stream and I believe this strongly deters people from watching.

If I see a streamer enjoy and click their stream, I am all but guaranteed an advert before I even start watching. My general reaction is to immediately close Twitch and open Youtube or turn on the TV.

I'd rather be watching the streamer I opened Twitch for, but I don't want to immediately have an ad the second I join any stream. Using television as an example; there are plenty of adverts, they're annoying,…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. How about we don't have 3 minute ads before we can enter a stream? Thanks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Adidas Ad is ridden with flashing lights and *. I don’t understand how the **** got approved in the first place. I understand you guys have to make money but for gods sake have some regulations against flashing lights

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. As a 10+ year twitch user, it's sad to see what has happened to twitch in regards of AD spam. I sometimes think is it bugs out with the amount of ads I see.

Is it really necessary to spam the same ad every time I try to stream hop? That's how I have always used twitch. I don't stay on a single stream for long every time I use the website.

The worst of it all is when I'm trying to see other perspectives of gaming tournaments. Shouldnt there be a timer to not seeing the same ad? I…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?